Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Basil

The Helpful Fox
Premium Supporter
Oct 13, 2013
UK portsmouth
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com Live Monday Nov. 30 9.00am UK
Price:
£24.99

Also see Zbox thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

02.jpg

04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, i know. But after jump in and jump out with my order. I decided to buy the GOTG Steelbook and the Winter Soldier. So happy to see boys and girls from custom authority again. Really nice guys. :rofl:

give them a hug from me,because i won´t see them anymore this Year:kiss::whistle::rofl::LOL:

In my experience best to order when first 'live' to benefit from discount codes (or wait for Flash Sales for other not so "desirable" titles).

Normally I would be, but I hadn't seen these go live cos I wasn't online at the time.. even with discounts there are too many for me to buy all in one go plus so close to Xmas. . Shame zavvi didn't space them out.. shame for me anyway lol

• Informative
Reactions: virkia
I finally got delivery today
Despatched on the 19th Nov delivered on 1st Dec

The lenti is a mess don't line up at all error in design made with this lenticular
I'm working day shifts at them moment and won't have be off till saturday so I will post photos then when I will have daylight to take the photos

The steelbook itself without the lenti is ok and looks reasonable but is annoying to have a lenti that is misaligned
Iron Man was fine the lenti that lined up ok but captain america first avenger lenti is not

The lenti is a mess don't line up at all error in design made with this lenticular. The steelbook itself without the lenti is ok and looks reasonable but is annoying to have a lenti that is misaligned. Iron Man was fine the lenti that lined up ok but captain america first avenger lenti is not
I've been indecisive in regards to ordering this as I have ZERO Captain America 1 Steelbook/s in my collection... (n)

The alignment issues with Lenti is annoying and the artwork in general I have to admit, I'm not "blown away" by :meh: All in all= pass from me :( (Unless in-hand pictures prove otherwise and change my mind of course ;):LOL:)

I don't own the movie at all yet. Thought this would be the one but I am happy it isn't wowing me because otherwise I would have felt a need to purchase despite the entire Zbox scam. Plus i'm skint.

Naturally hoping that this is the only runt in the litter and that the other 7 in this run are better executed (just going by the limited amount of information available - misaligned lenti (?) etc.).
Nonetheless, definite purchase for a completist even if it means sacrifices have to be made elsewhere.

Received to date :-
1) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER = Lenti with decent depth and lines up well.
2) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY = Substandard lenti and lines up badly.
3) CAPTAIN AMERICA: FIRST AVENGER =
4) IRON MAN =
5) IRON MAN 2 =
6) IRON MAN 3 =
7) THOR =
8) THOR: DARK WORLD =

Last edited:
Reactions: neo
Looks like Zavvi's 2013 release and blufans release are a lot better in comparison and as you can see it has a lot more vivid colors and the contrast is very very obvious compared to the newer release which has very little contrast if any.Nice close up though.
It is Captain America so it will garner a lot of wanted attention as it is deserving.

I like this one better than the other two in Pauls photos because this one is different. The other two use the same pose. I also like the mask on look. I love the older 50's look.

I sold my amazon.de exclusive steelbook (sealed) and regretted it, so I'm glad that this artwork is amazing and that I can add this to my collection. My 2 copies should be here soon.

Does the Lenti line up? Because ive read people saying it doesnt, but it looks lined up to me.

Any pics with the lenti?

The lenti has been taken off it that's why.
Nah the lenti don't line up. Badly too