Captain America: The First Avenger (ZBOX) (Blu-ray SteelBook Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £39.99

Also see individual thread:
Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook + Lenticular) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

11165425-7824323603754965.jpg

cap_full.jpg IMG_20150902_181835.jpg
11165425-1954323604208604.jpg 11165425-1524323604214388.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

Meh, I knew it would be a re-release of one of the older Marvel titles...so I guess they are slowly making a lenticular wave of Marvel steelbooks...meh, the Lenticular on Avengers was kinda poop (though the steelbook itself wasnt too bad)

Reactions: Flash
Im not sure about that artwork. Feels like a fullslip more than anything. The lenti perhaps? I dont understand how they will make it look good on a steel. Not liking the drawing direction when Avengers and IM already went the normal way. Feels like its going to be the odd one out. Naaa, not liking it unless its a full lenti or a slip.
Inner artwork black and white, not diggin that either. Maybe ill just go for an earlier release. Im not buying no shitbox either way.

Another Captain America seems tad unnecessary as this will be the third steelbook release of this film in the UK, and Zavvi's second.

At least Zavvi can improve on the design of the previous one, but I'll be giving this a miss even if it wasn't attached to a Zbox combo.

No thanks. Zavvi ruined their chances with me and not a dime for them anymore. Haven't bought anything from Zavvi in a long time. I won't ever buy any of these Zboxes, that's a fact.

I fell for it with Dredd then it was released on the hut for £15.99, I will never buy a zbox again as long as I live,
I would rather pay extra on ebay for the steelbook on it's own then at least I know what i'm paying for.

I did the same, fair enough I wanted the badge and comic, but I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth when the steel was offered cheaper via the hut and the badge has since been given away with almost every item sold by zavvi, you might fool me once zavvi, but I won't fall for their sales tactics again.

i mean the artwork is awesome particularly the inside but i have it and wont....i wont....get a second one... :banghead::arghh:(n):mad:
But its great for people who don't have one.

It's funny this thread has not taken off as much either in good way or bad as the iron man one, i think yes alot of people had ironman but i think even more already own some form of Captain America. Odd choice :facepalm:

i mean the artwork is awesome particularly the inside but i have it and wont....i wont....get a second one... :banghead::arghh:(n):mad:
But its great for people who don't have one.

It's funny this thread has not taken off as much either in good way or bad as the iron man one, i think yes alot of people had ironman but i think even more already own some form of Captain America. Odd choice :facepalm:

Maybe because we are exhausted by the Iron Man thread already and nothing we say seem to make any difference.
That, plus the comic artwork is inconsistent with the other releases, and doesnt fit in. I'm not really a fan of it and I dont like the black and white inside.
Im pretty much giving up on Zavvi at this point.

Maybe because we are exhausted by the Iron Man thread already and nothing we say seem to make any difference.
That, plus the comic artwork is inconsistent with the other releases, and doesnt fit in. I'm not really a fan of it and I dont like the black and white inside.
Im pretty much giving up on Zavvi at this point.

Ah well each to their own i guess, if i didnt own it, i like it and would get it. I would have prefered a different film not released endlessley :(

Reactions: jonnie123
I might be one of very few, but I love the artwork on this steelbook. . If it was gloss I would love it even more. Hopefully that link to the 'sold out' stand alone steelbook will become live soon. :naughty: