Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get the obsession with steels having a title or not. In this particular instance, I happen to like the UK version better. To me, it just looks cleaner and also the fact that Cap has his helmet off on said version just bodes well for me. Maybe because I've been in the collecting game a short while lol? Either way, I can't wait for the steel to come out the movie was awesome!

I agree: Cap looks better with his cap off. ;) Even though he has it on in this scene. In interviews, Chris Evans complained about wearing it and in this movie he spends the majority of time without wearing it.
I don't mind the title being off the front of the steelbook but really like it on the spine.

I agree: Cap looks better with his cap off. ;) Even though he has it on in this scene. In interviews, Chris Evans complained about wearing it and in this movie he spends the majority of time without wearing it.
I don't mind the title being off the front of the steelbook but really like it on the spine.

Simple solution, buy the Zavvi one and the Best Buy one and make your own personal hybrid with BB spine and 2 Zavvi panels. :thumbs:

Why do the US get the title on the spine and we dont, this title less spine is really annoying me now, its not like people are going to be playing guess the film with their steelbooks, just put the title on the spine ffs!! Wish I could get this version but its too much hassle and cost is way more

Why do the US get the title on the spine and we dont, this title less spine is really annoying me now, its not like people are going to be playing guess the film with their steelbooks, just put the title on the spine ffs!! Wish I could get this version but its too much hassle and cost is way more

The group buy costs about £1.50 more than the Zavvi version and the only "hassle" is going to the group buy page and typing "1 to the UK please" (or wherever you're from) :rolleyes:

Oh, and then paying the invoice when asked of course... :naughty:

It's not ~£1.50 more. It's going to be at least £6 more (paypal fees, shipping, group buy fee, sales tax) excl. customs & shipping insurance which could increase that further. We don't even have a steelbook price confirmed yet.

But to tell UK/EU members that it's effectively the same price is wrong, as it's most definitely not!

It's not ~£1.50 more. It's going to be at least £6 more (paypal fees, shipping, group buy fee, sales tax) excl. customs & shipping insurance which could increase that further. We don't even have a steelbook price confirmed yet.

But to tell UK/EU members that it's effectively the same price is wrong, as it's most definitely not!

Well the group buy I've joined (APSmith, Best buy) is as follows:

$15.08 - P&P
$3 - GB fee
$30 - Steel + tax (a high end guess, it will likely be a fair amount less)

$48.08 - Total

Which is £28.66 GBP so only £3.66 more (yes, more than £1.50 however the steel won't cost as much as $30 if Thor 2 is anything to go by, so my £1.50 estimate won't be far off :) )

And at £3.66 that isn't "way more" as the guy suggested... £40 on eBAY will be "way more" ;)

Reactions: dfoles and nkb32

$15.08 - P&P
$3 - GB fee

$48.08 - Total

Which is £28.66 GBP so only £3.66 more (yes, more than £1.50 however the steel won't cost as much as $30 if Thor 2 is anything to go by, so my £1.50 estimate won't be far off :) )

And at £3.66 that isn't "way more" as the guy suggested... £40 on eBAY will be "way more" ;)

Will it really only be that cheap? $30 for a steelbook is nothing these days, considering it costs the equivalent of at least $40 in the UK. I already missed zavvi so had to go Amazon Germany and that was a bit more, so it will likely be same cost. I'm all about this group buy if thats true, how much was the Thor 2 SB? Is there import duty?

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) ...

$15.08 - P&P

$3 - GB fee

$48.08 - Total

No, I agree it's not way more but it is more. And you're forgetting PayPal fees (~4% of total) and insurance ($2) should people choose it. I have Cap on pre-order with Zavvi with a 10% off code also, so it's an even bigger difference for me (and probably others too). Did you pay customs the last time?

While I will agree it's not 'way more', the problem for me is that it brings it much closer to Kimchi/BF territory, and with both of them releasing this title, it makes this far from justifiable.

No, I agree it's not way more but it is more. And you're forgetting PayPal fees (~4% of total) and insurance ($2) should people choose it. I have Cap on pre-order with Zavvi with a 10% off code also, so it's an even bigger difference for me (and probably others too). Did you pay customs the last time?

While I will agree it's not 'way more', the problem for me is that it brings it much closer to Kimchi/BF territory, and with both of them releasing this title, it makes this far from justifiable.

Oh yes, apologies, I had forgotten PayPal fees as APSmith can't accept gift payments (just used to sending as gift on HDN!) and obvously yes there is an optional $2 for insurance.

I personally didn't get hit at customers for Thor 2 however I missed the GB and had to resort to eBAY - I bought 2 copies both of which made it through fine :thumbs:

I know what you mean though, it does add cost after cost - just depends how bad you want that title! haha I also have the Zavvi one on order with 10% off, but i'll probably keep both anyway! :naughty:

Reactions: rpg

It will cost around $52, paypal exchange rate has it at £32. Thats £6 more than I am paying from Germany, so it is a high mark up like you say. Im still hoping to get from Zavvi because it will come back in stock. The risk of customs is at least £10 as well, sucks man :( why can't we just have a title on the spine

wish best buy would get there bums in gear with this one, futureshop got theres live now. reckon this goona go very quickly myself.

common best buy why so slow:sleep::sleep::sleep:

basil :thumbs:

Does any of the staff have some information on this? If this release isn't gonna happen, I'd like to join the Futureshop GB instead as soon as possible!