Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think FS and BestBuy will be the only steels with title on it debossed same as Thor, Marvel will do the same thing on this release as they did with Thor and I have a feeling that Zavvi's Artwork May change, it does state subject to change... Thor was the same Pic on FS release as Zavvi's, I have a feeling they might also do the same thing.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

but I guess will have to wait and see

I've been weighing up which version to buy, decided to keep Zavvi's without the helmet.

I, like Starling, have decided to stick with my Zavvi pre-order and take a gamble with the title being added before release. The FS one will cost more than I want to pay and I quite like the cast on the spine (in the minority I know) I will sit well next to my Avengers Steel:movie:

Does no one on this forum work for Zavvi? If everyone who has pre-orders secured got together and signed an on-line petition it would get changed (It still might to be honest) Though I like not having a spine title, it will sit well next to my avengers steel :LOL:

Last edited:
I will bet anyone good money that the picture will match on both US and UK releases, in terms of the helmet / no helmet debate! Any takers?? :naughty:

Side note: really don't understand why the UK can't just get included in the US print run so we can have the title too - it's in our language after all! I can understand for non-English speaking countries like Spain or Germany, but it makes no sense for us to be on their run rather than the UK run!

I, like Starling, have decided to stick with my Zavvi pre-order and take a gamble with the title being added before release. The FS one will cost more than I want to pay and I quite like the cast on the spine (in the minority I know) I will sit well next to my Avengers Steel:movie:

I can guarantee you 100% the Zavvi one will be without title for sure ! so if you stick with the Zavvi expect tittleless in certainty.

Reactions: Stevieboy
Ok thanks, lets hope for that then.

as per previous experience it usually comes back in stock due to cancellations.

I have a feeling because of Future Shop/BestBuy steel of it, it will come back in stock probably for a couple of days at one point (same thing with Maleficent came back in stock for 2 days when it was out of stock but this week was in stock again for 2 days or 3.) but with captain America TWS, a lot who had reserved a Zavvi copy are mentioning cancelling their Zavvi Order to opt for a different country release and a lot have already done so.

Now more country will release their own steel of it and more cancellation will occur.

I cancelled 2 copies myself and may cancel my 3rd one.

It's difficult to guarantee it will be without a title as the artwork has yet to be finalised sir :naughty: Though I applaud your confidence :LOL:

Even though there's still some talk about the helmet, it was confirmed by Disney/Marvel that they will only approve the title less steel once again to go in the same direction as they have with Thor 2.

Only North america Release FS/BestBuy will have a the title on the steel (Approved by Marvel).

Im hoping to get on the pre order waiting list regardless of title or no title on spine.
Next best option is the german version unless there is a GB for the fnac version.

Im hoping to get on the pre order waiting list regardless of title or no title on spine.
Next best option is the german version unless there is a GB for the fnac version.

there's no Zavvi waiting list, but with the high number of cancellations and the increased interest in the NA (US & CA) versions, you should easily get a Zavvi copy as long as you act when it's released because the print run is quite low compared to other Marvel titles exclusives (not counting re-releases).

Reactions: x3ntaur
I will bet anyone good money that the picture will match on both US and UK releases, in terms of the helmet / no helmet debate! Any takers?? :naughty:

Side note: really don't understand why the UK can't just get included in the US print run so we can have the title too - it's in our language after all! I can understand for non-English speaking countries like Spain or Germany, but it makes no sense for us to be on their run rather than the UK run!

I agree. Chances are the Helmet/No Helmet artwork will just turn out to be the same worldwide.

As for print runs. As I understand it from other threads, some retailers can ask for more but they would have to cover the costs (lower print runs, finishes etc.). But some distributors will negotiate and offer up extras if they are trying to break a difficult market (blufans, kimichi). But sometimes (especially Disney) just give markets what they like. Disney have always screwed the UK in terms of bonus discs and extras whilst the US were lucky if they even got a steel.

Wreck would know for sure. Ask him here: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/24073/

Last edited by a moderator:
there is the italian steelbook too:all EU steelbook are the same (spanish one is 2D only)

I did see the Italian one but was a little more expensive.

there's no Zavvi waiting list, but with the high number of cancellations and the increased interest in the NA (US & CA) versions, you should easily get a Zavvi copy as long as you act when it's released because the print run is quite low compared to other Marvel titles exclusives (not counting re-releases).

I hope I can get the Zavvi one as I would prefer the stuff in English.

I'd much prefer a title on this and it doesn't sit right with me the fact that they're charging top dollar but removing the title to save production costs. "Lowest UK print run" is meaningless if it's the exact same package across Europe with different J-cards, a scam if you ask me. Also seen this in both 2d and 3d and the retrofitted 3d is a complete waste of time.

Really wanted a collectible steel for this but I'll be cancelling for these reasons.

Reactions: Ampdewd
Still can't decide whether to cancel this or not!?! :wtf: Do I need a non-titled version when I have the US one on order... :dunno:

question you goto ask yourself brad how many more steels would £24.99 go towards and if you got the one you really want does it not seem a waste/excessive? for me i'm on the BB gb and as such that do me. I cancelled my zavvi CA yesterday the way i looked at it it was worth steel and a half extra by doing that, anyway suppose horses for courses as they say.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: BradG1984
Actually the question you gotta ask yourself is - is the steel with the title gonna have a shite finish like BB thor2 ?