Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do I stand now mine arrived and behind the j card is scratched to hell don't no how this can happen the one steel I wanted mint :(

D2603A35-311E-4333-A50A-542B6AFD959E-5767-0000075F168E891C_zpsc56c7ec6.jpg

A0355642-90D2-4DA2-8C9C-5C6B49B327A4-5767-0000075F1354D1DA_zps5f4cc8e0.jpg

5A7C3E15-0C6B-4CDF-82BA-28D09057C529-5767-0000075F0F776772_zpsda7b48e0.jpg
Brilliant. Mine arrived, just opened the Zavvi boxes and one of the is practically banana shaped.

Gutted. Theres me worrying about spine slashes - and this one looks like its been bent in two!?

Really sorry to see you guys are suffering badly with this one - I've been through both scenarios illustrated here, and it's both annoying and utterly frustrating when you know practically the only way of getting a straight one is to pay through the nose on on fleabay!

What makes it worse is that it's a really nice steelbook. If I had a spare I'd be offering it up at cost; sadly I don't.

Damn. I wish I'd bought a few extra copies, I knew I should've went for it, would've helped you guys incase this happened.

There's no reason for Zavvi not to keep some extra copies back.

Anyone have a extra copy they can sell me at cost? i will also take the Taiwan steelbook as well.

I got screwed over at Zavvi:mad:. They sent me an email saying that i needed to update my credit card info and the next day i saw the email and it updated it. I then email Zavvi telling them what i did and then they email me telling me that they apologize but the steelbook is sold out and that i did not update card info in time. I told them that is pure bull **** as they should still hold my pre-order since i have had it ordered for months now since day 1, now i am **** out of luck!

Any help would be appreciated guys! Also, i have 100% positive feedback on Blu-ray.com and have been a member since 2009. You can look me up as RZ_Samurai

Thanks Guys!

I understand peoples frustration at receiving damaged steels but please try to refrain from asking for copies via this thread - you can instead ask via 'Looking for 'X' steelbook' thread HERE < click thanks!

Nethertheless, I'll sort you out a copy Rz, PM me.

Watched TFA last night and TWS tonight. Both great films. I go against the trend by thinking TFA was a great film. Pure entertainment. :thumbs:
Never one to agree with the majority!!
Good old Cap!!

Reactions: D4vem88
Watched TFA last night and TWS tonight. Both great films. I go against the trend by thinking TFA was a great film. Pure entertainment. :thumbs:
Good old Cap!!

You aren't alone, loved the first one. Reminded me of good old fashioned family action movies from the 80's like the first 3 Indy movies, but yeah I think we're in a minority lol :D

Anyone have a extra copy they can sell me at cost? i will also take the Taiwan steelbook as well.

I could do you one at cost, when mine show up (hopefully tomorrow, maybe Saturday).
As you know they retail at £24.99. I'm in the UK, and I only ever send to US via Royal Mail International Signed for, which I think is something like £12.95 - expensive, but I pack the steel well (much better than Zavvi's own packaging) so it's worth it for piece of mind IMHO.
Think it over, and if you don't get any better offers from other ninjas, just drop me a PM and we can take if from there...!

I love the first film. I thought it was the best 'origin' story of all the Marvel movies.

I like this steel but gotta get the FS one in hand first to see which one I want to open.

I have similar scratch marks all over the rear. Looks like somebody scraped it on a road before sealing it. I've asked for a replacement but doubtful it will happen because as usual Zavvi have sold all excess copies so original buyers are **** out of luck.

000_3399.jpg 000_3400.jpg 000_3402.jpg

On one of mine i have 2 paint chips. One on the falcons urm..groin and the other on Robert Redfords arm.

Disappointing. Hopefully a partial refund will be coming its from Zavvi

I also love the first avenger, can't wait to re watch this tonight.
Received my steel from zavvi in mint condition.
So I'm very grateful here, what with all the unfortunate folks who have received theirs damaged.
I feel for you guys, it has happened to me in the past. Not nice

Got my copy yesterday abd it seems to be in mint condition.
Since I've gone in for the best buy GB I will be leaving my Zavvi copy sealed.
If there is any scratches on the back I would rather not open it to find out :ohno:

I ordered my copy the other day when they were put back up for order and I have received my copy just now. Extremely quick delivery from zavvi here. Don't know why I ordered it though, probably wont open it up since it is a marvel, lol. It appears to be in perfect condition as well.

Last edited:
Good old Cap!!
You aren't alone, loved the first one. Reminded me of good old fashioned family action movies from the 80's like the first 3 Indy movies, but yeah I think we're in a minority lol :D
I love the first one too. I don't understand all the dislike people have for it. Maybe because I love World War II movies, and it felt like a modern take on World War II that just so happened to have a superhero in it. It was probably my favorite Phase One Marvel Cinematic Universe movie.

Just had mine arrive, with the faintest of spine slashes (about 2mm long) the film itself was completely sliced so I got lucky I guess :rolleyes:

But what the hell is up with the embossing in the top right corner!?!?! What idiot did that? And then what idiots approved it!?! :yawn::yawn:

Reactions: lgans316