Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks ridiculous! :wtf: lol How did it get through quality control!?!?! :confused: I'm hoping it's not on the US release - which will be using differenet moulds / presses because it has the title of course :woot:
The US release doesn't have the debossed hangar or embossed shield, so no, it won't have it.

The top right hand corner is an error which many wouldn't admit.
If Wreck were to say that, I'd believe it, but that's just an opinion you're fond of stating a lot until proven as fact.

Last edited:
For the people who were wanting to no zavvis reply to my damaged steel it was an offer of £10 good will jesture refund, I'd be happy with that as someone has offered me there spare at cost and I'm sure I could move mine on to make up the difference
Or is this just a first offer should I ask for more ??

For the people who were wanting to no zavvis reply to my damaged steel it was an offer of £10 good will jesture refund, I'd be happy with that as someone has offered me there spare at cost and I'm sure I could move mine on to make up the difference
Or is this just a first offer should I ask for more ??

£10 refund on a £25 damaged steel? I would return it for a full refund.

It's up to you if you going to accept 10-15 % gesture :) i always ask for full refund or replacement and they have give you one or another.
Get money back and buy one on trading section or wait for good auction on ebay.

So...did anyone receive a completely mint copy of this?

Just delivered by my postman.. i couldn't be happier, (after reading the horror story's here, i expected the worst, I'm very sorry for all the ninjas that recieved damaged copies and/or had theirs cancelled, couldn't suck more with this release being sold out, but it's great to see ninjas already stepping up to help others where possible)

I didn't know that this steel had embossing, i love it! Also a lovely gloss finish i wasn't expecting(i assumed it would be like Iron man 3) i also didn't know or forgot it was 3D too.. I'm realising now that I knew next to nothing about this release accept what the art work was going to be lol.. very nice surprise all round and completely mint. Can't wait to watch this again but I've got to wait and watch it with my partner(i might just sneak a viewing in then pretend I didn't later). Awesome!!! :):):)

Reactions: harry
Just delivered by my postman.. i couldn't be happier, (after reading the horror story's here, i expected the worst, I'm very sorry for all the ninjas that recieved damaged copies and/or had theirs cancelled, couldn't suck more with this release being sold out, but it's great to see ninjas already stepping up to help others where possible)

I didn't know that this steel had embossing, i love it! Also a lovely gloss finish i wasn't expecting(i assumed it would be like Iron man 3) i also didn't know or forgot it was 3D too.. I'm realising now that I knew next to nothing about this release accept what the art work was going to be lol.. very nice surprise all round and completely mint. Can't wait to watch this again but I've got to wait and watch it with my partner(i might just sneak a viewing in then pretend I didn't later). Awesome!!! :):):)

You lucky man! I presumed mine was mint, then noticed a paint chip on the back. But I won't complain about it here, based on the pictures here I wasn't too unlucky. From what I've seen, this movie is awesome, the action is borderline brutal for a Marvel film I thought!

Reactions: chunk
You lucky man! I presumed mine was mint, then noticed a paint chip on the back. But I won't complain about it here, based on the pictures here I wasn't too unlucky. From what I've seen, this movie is awesome, the action is borderline brutal for a Marvel film I thought!

Yep, i am definitely counting myself lucky on this one, checked it thoroughly and its all mint which is odd cos I never get truely mint steels.. The marvel cards were a nice little touch inside the steel. Its all swings and roundabouts though as I bet I'm in the indie threads soon with all sorts of imperfections I'll find with them, expect the worst but hope for the best.
Sorry about the paint chip you found on yours, its very irritating knowing they're there:wtf:

:)

I remember really enjoying the action and fight scenes from this movie, i was especially happy that they gave Samuel l. Jackson's character a nice portion of the action this time round too.. love him as an actor so it was good to see him doing more than giving orders.. Like when they gave M more of a roll in sky fall, when you have great actors, make the most of them i say. Just watching captain america 1 right now to follow with the winter soldier :):):)

Reactions: harry
So...did anyone receive a completely mint copy of this?
Nearly, the only thing I have wrong is a tiny scratch or paint chip on the front, otherwise it's mint:

IMG_2981.png

It's conveniently under the J-Card too, and as I keep them on that means it's not normally visible.
(It looks like the bottom is scratched but that's simply a reflection of the foam it was on when the pic was taken.)

my order still says processing for some reason, havent taken my money either :/
That's not a good sign at this stage... you should contact them straight away about that.

Reactions: chunk
That's not a good sign at this stage... you should contact them straight away about that.

its strange its been on pre order since march and my card details are fine so theres nothing wrong there, ive sent an email to see whats up, im going to be pissed if they havent got a copy for me now.