Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 2. Both arrived in separate boxes (I placed 2 separate orders tho) and both arrived in mint condition. I've opened 1 and its fine but left the other one wrapped in it's packaging so if anyone needs one...

I thought they took PayPal money straight away as well but they don't. Looks like whether you pay by card or PayPal they only charge you when they dispatch.

I've had 3 orders from zavvi now and all have been perfect. Guess I'm lucky :D

I ordered 2. Both arrived in separate boxes (I placed 2 separate orders tho) and both arrived in mint condition. I've opened 1 and its fine but left the other one wrapped in it's packaging so if anyone needs one...

I thought they took PayPal money straight away as well but they don't. Looks like whether you pay by card or PayPal they only charge you when they dispatch.

Have you still got the spare?

:naughty: ** FANTASTIC ** :naughty:
great movie, and the steel book arrived perfectly.... shame it was a little behind schedule, but the email advising of the delay was a nice bit of customer service, and it is in time for the bank holiday weekend! :thumbs:

mint condition, no payment issues, fantastic steel (i happen to like the emboss/deboss and no title) of an ace movie. Feel like a lucky guy - bring on Guardians of the Galaxy :)

I'll keep posting lol

Lol. Gutted that zavvi messed mine up. Had a new card sent and it looks like they oversold as they have apparently sold my copy even though I logged on and updated my card within a few hours of them emailing.

Beggars belief that you're unable to log on and change your payment card on pre - orders.

Rogue, can you comment on the sub titles, does the steel have dutch subs?

Amazing how many people are getting slashed up steels. As a company, zavvi needs to fix this and nip this issue in the butt. Are they aware of this issue? If so, why won't they do anything about it? It's like you have to keep your fingers crossed that you get a steel in perfect condition! Anyway I am looking forward to getting mine, if it's slashed then whatever..nothing I can do. I'm hoping for the best tho. I'm looking forward to watching this movie again, it's one of my favorites.

I can say for sure that I was one of the first people to order this right after it went live on Zavvi. I ordered a few copies hoping to get a mint one. After spending thousands and thousands of $$'s over that past couple years with them, I get this email:

Dear Sounder (name removed),
Thank you for choosing to place your order with zavvi.com.
We're sorry to inform you that some or all of your order, number XXXXXX has now been cancelled as
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 2D Version) Blu-ray is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint
you. Please note you have not been charged for this item and no payment will be taken.
If you have already contacted our customer service team regarding your cancellation thank you for taking the time to do so, this message is to
confirm the cancellation and that no funds have been taken.
It's our first priority to notify customers if a cancellation is required, sorry if you haven't received a notification on this occasion.

And to think folks got theirs who ordered recently when it came back in stock after cancellations.

This is a huge load of crap.... heads will roll for this....

I am absolutely FURIOUS. I ordered this THE MINUTE it went live, and receive this BS email from Zavvi saying my order has been cancelled... so what when they put it up after it had previously sold out they were selling ghost copies? And considering their track record with wrecking steelbooks why wouldn't they have made any backups? This is an absolute joke and I will never be pre ordering another steelbook again with zavvi ever again. Absolutely ridiculous they have really screwed themselves over with this one... Looks like I will be sticking to amarays from now on, and to be honest I'm quite happy to do so. No waiting for the movie to arrive, no dramatic emails, no stress. Bravo Zavvi, bravo..

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches