Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: August 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: TWS Sold out!
Price:
£24.99
Notes: Print run of 6000 for UK

10938635-1397756244-831720.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831892.jpg

10938635-1397756244-831864.jpg 10938635-1397756244-831830.jpg thumb.jpg

Original temp artwork:
10938635-1395773992-652897.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am absolutely FURIOUS. I ordered this THE MINUTE it went live, and receive this BS email from Zavvi saying my order has been cancelled... so what when they put it up after it had previously sold out they were selling ghost copies? And considering their track record with wrecking steelbooks why wouldn't they have made any backups? This is an absolute joke and I will never be pre ordering another steelbook again with zavvi ever again. Absolutely ridiculous they have really screwed themselves over with this one... Looks like I will be sticking to amarays from now on, and to be honest I'm quite happy to do so. No waiting for the movie to arrive, no dramatic emails, no stress. Bravo Zavvi, bravo..

if you think about it you are certainly correct

collecting steelbooks has become a very stressfull and expensive hobby

collecting steelbooks has become a very stressfull and expensive hobby

Here here. They need to improve their packaging. Step one stuff really. A single sheet of foam (no bubbles?!) in a card board sleeve. Its just begging to be bent/crushed.

Considering a sleeve of BluRays is 18+ copies, if everyone complained and got the obligatory 15%, thats (£3.79 x 18) £70 that one "Open this box with a knife" costs them. If that feedback doesnt make it down to the warehouse - I dont know how they're choosing to ignore that sort of information!?

PS In update to one of my comments on this thread, I pushed back on the £3.79 and they offered me £5.00 for my banana shaped steelbook.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Really surprised how nice this one turned out after Thor 2. Pity about the embossing on the top right, looks like they clicked the emboss button in PS and just went with it :confused:

PS. Sorry to see the damaged steels :angry:

Pity about the embossing on the top right, looks like they clicked the emboss button in PS and just went with it :confused:
lol... I received a copy of this the other day and looked at that, and thought the exact same thing. Not quite as pathetic as Fantasia, but pretty close.

Shame that Zavvi's still such a clownhouse. That said, I do have the aforementioned copy, which was an old pre-order that I'd forgotten to cancel -- and don't want -- so if anyone with a bum copy is interested, cost + shipping and it's yours.

• Helpful Post
I'm sorry, but the warehouse dept should know very well what to look for (spine slashes, dents etc) by now, so there is no excuse. Zavvi need to obviously train their staff in a) opening a box without slicing the goods and b) checking the goods before dispatch, to ensure there is no damage.

Poor quality control and totally avoidable.

Very poor show from Zavvi over this release. Although mine turned up mint, my Thor did not as I was never able to get a replacement.

Charging £25 for a bluray, I would expect it to turn up without a spine slash.

Has anyone else had Zavvi cancel their order?
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 2D Version) Blu-ray is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint

you. Please note you have not been charged for this item and no payment will be taken.

If you have already contacted our customer service team regarding your cancellation thank you for taking the time to do so, this message is to

confirm the cancellation and that no funds have been taken.

It's our first priority to notify customers if a cancellation is required, sorry if you haven't received a notification on this occasion.

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to provide you with a 10% off discount code for use on your next

order with zavvi.com.

Waaaaa!

• Informative
Has anyone else had Zavvi cancel their order?
Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook (Includes 2D Version) Blu-ray is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint

you. Please note you have not been charged for this item and no payment will be taken.

If you have already contacted our customer service team regarding your cancellation thank you for taking the time to do so, this message is to

confirm the cancellation and that no funds have been taken.

It's our first priority to notify customers if a cancellation is required, sorry if you haven't received a notification on this occasion.

As a gesture of goodwill we would like to provide you with a 10% off discount code for use on your next

order with zavvi.com.

Waaaaa!
It happened to me due to a credit card change. I sent an email to them a few weeks before release date requesting my credit card info to be changed but Zavvi responded that their system was incapable of making such changes. I was reassured that I would have the opportunity to change the information on release day and have my order processed. It was a lie. I received the exact same email as above.

My copy arrived today, super excited! Thankfully, it arrived without a scratch or dent or slash. I got lucky as my copy could've easily been defected. Time to pop it in and watch Cap kick some a$$!