Cars (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Pixar Collection #8)[United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Cars LIVE!
Price: £20.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10876046-1386850255-730879.jpg
    10876046-1386850255-730879.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 991
Last edited by a moderator:
If/when they make this with a matte finish at least leave it flat and spot gloss lightning so the shiny red stays shiny red

We get it, you don't like them but some of us do.
I don't see why you would revisit so many threads for steels you aren't even going to be buying.
You seem to have some vendetta against Zavvi for making matte steelbooks when they are far from the only store to make mattes.

Mkdfan has a point - while I do find those posts amusing, it does quickly become pretty tiring seeing the same thing in every thread. Like a few others on here, I'm still actually looking forward to the majority of Zavvi's upcoming Disney steelbooks, but as Acalica said... it's disheartening for us to see nothing but negativity towards them every time the threads are bumped. Obviously all opinions are welcome, but I feel some have begun to go beyond that now and are basically just taking the pizza every opportunity they get. Let's try and get back on track! :)

Mkdfan has a point - while I do find those posts amusing, it does quickly become pretty tiring seeing the same thing in every thread. Like a few others on here, I'm still actually looking forward to the majority of Zavvi's upcoming Disney steelbooks, but as Acalica said... it's disheartening for us to see nothing but negativity towards them every time the threads are bumped. Obviously all opinions are welcome, but I feel some have begun to go beyond that now and are basically just taking the pizza every opportunity they get. Let's try and get back on track! :)

I think the issue we have is that us Ninjas were seriously impressed when it appeared Zavvi/Disney had sat up and paid attention to what we wanted from the WIR steel in particular and expect more from a company who has the skills to show what it is capable of producing. We are at the end of the day funding these steels. It's fair IMHO for both sides to continue this positive/negative battle of sorts if you ask me as it is how people are truly feeling and I can't blame them for that.

I myself am quick to commend them on an excellent steel, same with other past companies e.g. Play.com (God rest it's soul) however on the other side of the coin I also will voice my disappointment at a poorly finished steel. We are only human after all. Maybe of late there is more negativity directed towards Zavvi.

Is this justified? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

The one thing I can't help but consider is that it will come to a point where Zavvi etc might actually pay more attention to what is happening in these forums and that surely would be a good thing. As it stands they have been rather cagey with some releases recently and this has caused a lot of distrust for many buyers/collectors. Again I cannot blame them as 95% of the time Zavvi's secrecy has spoken volumes upon release of some steels.

I completely understand that dvdjunkie and have no issue with anything you mentioned. I criticise certain editions myself when I'm not happy with them, as do the rest of staff, because yes... we're only human. :)

As I said in my previous post... HDN welcome all opinions, but when people basically start spamming every thread with the exact same argument/images, then we need to speak up and take some sort of action. Our goal is to keep the forum/threads tidy and informative for those that are actually interested in these steelbooks.

If you have concerns or suggestions about a number of releases from the same retailer, then it's probably best that you post them all together in the Retailer Zone, as this makes it easier for everyone (staff, members, the person posting it, and Zavvi/the retailer). :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: Snollygoster
For those in the know and in touch with Zavvi, will this be dated anytime soon? I know its not the most beloved of Pixar movies, but still curious for a date (And hopefully the longer it take, the more likely for a gloss release? :3)