Cars (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Pixar Collection #8)[United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 10th, 2014
Purchase link: Cars LIVE!
Price: £20.99
Notes:

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10876046-1386850255-730879.jpg
    10876046-1386850255-730879.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 987
Last edited by a moderator:
I think we all knew that the 31st December date was just a placeholder, but some advance warning would have been courteous on Zavvi's part! I certainly did not expect to randomly receive shipping information when as far as we're all concerned, a release date had not been confirmed yet!

At any rate, Zavvi should have contacted customers first to inform them of release date changes, but this seems to be something they don't seem to care about. Not everyone has the time to keep checking websites and forums every single day on the off-chance that release dates may have changed since the last check. It's the retailer's duty to inform their customers of important information such as this, and in that respect Zavvi have failed miserably on more than one occasion!

Well, I'm in the red now. Thanks a lot Zavvi. ><

After this, it better be a super special awesome glossy surprise.... :/

I expect this to be matte finish just like the rest. I think it will look nice though. Monsters Inc looked nice and it was matte.

Was obviously not coming out 31st. They changed it yesterday

obviously I already knew that it was no longer coming out 31st Dec, I was asking when they changed the date as when I last looked on Zavvi on Sat (luckily cancelling my pre-order for this steel) the date was still 31st Dec.
Changing it as recent as y'day, the day before it would ship is VERY sneaky on Zavvi's part.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Zavvi is being very sleazy with not letting the customer know ahead of time when it will ship. This company has got to be one of the worst customer service I have ever seen.

agreed
I'm just glad I cancelled these last week else I'd be broke with all the other steels coming out this month

I'm currently away on Holiday and was stunned to see this despatch notice when I finally checked my mail. Sure, I do still want this, but I'd like to echo the comments of others in regards how poor/sneaky Zavvi are being with these changes/super-early shipping.
I know I don't have the funds for this one right now, so I'll be into the overdraft now.

I know this doesnt help for this one,but heres a pro tip and what i do
Keep a notepad of all the steelbooks you have on pre order and what days they are coming out so you get nothing unexpected. Its also good for remembering pre orders you no longer want,ever since i've started collecting this has helped alot. I also have a list for steelbooks im waiting to drop in price, so i don't lose track ;)