[CHALLENGE COIN AWARDED] Andy's GROUP BUY POLL THREAD

Would you be more likely to participate in a group buy if you could pay over a couple payments?

• Yes

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Winner chosen @PunkNinja

Please vote in the poll above!

Leave comments in the thread below, if you'd like to.

To restate or further clarify the question.

Would you be more likely to participate in a group buy, if you could pay for your items over 2-3 payments?

Bonus question - Do you currently pass on group buys because you can't pay for the item now?

One member will be chosen to win a challenge coin out of all responses / votes!

Last edited:
I have been passing on group buys for a few months now. There has been multiple reasons but one of them was because it was too much money to pay at once.

Reactions: apsmith21
I think it would best to have a couple payment options, we do have to remember that they are few companies (HDzeta, kimchi, filmarena, blufans, manta lab, nova, hmv, zavvi, best buy and target) we all purchase from. I participate in most GB but it is hard when u get filmarena doing 6 version of one film.

from the beginning of the year i made the decision to mostly collect only premium editions and even with those i am passing on a lot of them because of the prices which are not cheap at all

Depending on the items, if it's a big ticket item we already do the Deposit method so that helps. But if the item is up to $50, I think what system we have in place now works very well.

I came close to missing a GB twice, but luckily I managed to join at the last second. But I do think it would be a positive thing to have.

Sometimes they do come at the wrong time so I hold off
If they are US exclusives like the disney slips you hold GBs for then I like to order a few things to make the postage better but then of course the cost issue arises again
It’s a good idea but I do worry about the people holding the group buys getting messed about with payments

I habe passed on a lot of GB. Money is always the reason. But payment installment can’t be the answer for this problem.

Yes to both.
Mainly due to my new wage structure, as well as other new bills etc.

If i could split the cost of GB's even by just 2 months i would 100% participate in them alot more.

For various reasons my/our economy is quite different atm than it was for a year or two back. So yes I would 100% participate in more gb's if that would be the case, ie two-three payments.

I have passed on many gb's the last year because I haven't had the chance to pay in full all at once.

I'm all up for payment options and multiple payment methods etc but I believe as the buyer we'd still be having to pay more in fees due to sending in more than one payment. Folks that prefer paying in multiples would need to realise they'd be paying more overall than in one hit. But I guess this would still work better for some :) For example GOTG Vol.2 Blufans One Click, @cooey gave us the choice to pay one amount in full or a deposit system but the 2 payments meant 2x PP fees.

Personally payment options don't influence my group buy participation.

I have passed on several group buys because I just couldn't afford it at all. Nothing to do with group buy prices, I just have not been buying all the steelbooks I would like. I am trying to play catch up, but it's hard. Payments might help.

Yes! If I can make payments that'd be great! :drool: I do pass on GB's simply because I can't afford the item at the time of release, especially the box sets! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.