Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 6th, 2015
Purchase links:
HMV
Xtra-Vision
Price: £15.99
HDN Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus < click (UK, EU + ROW members)

01-246691.jpg

Last edited:

Indeed! Ask in store buddy :D

I've never paid a pre-order fee. I just pay a £5 deposit, then pay the balance when I call in the shop to pick the disk up. Perfick !

Must admit though, I would love HMV to resurrect their online shop to save me having to make the 30 mile round trip to my nearest HMV.

:woot:

Just to explain what I meant, you pay a £5 deposit with a pre-order. With the Pure card you do not pay the deposit.

What is the point of spending 8-10£ on watching it at the cinema to see if you like it. If you don't like it that's money wasted and if you did like and bought the steelbook then that is money wasted again as you paying twice for the movie. At least with a blind buy you can sell the steelbook and recoup a good proportion of your cost if you don't like it and if you do like it then you have only paid once for the privilege of watching the movie!

Strange as it may seem movies are made to be seen in a cinema.
All the other methods of consuming this particular form of entertainment are secondary to the directors original artistic intent, and no matter how big a screen your TV or home cinema has, it cant compare with watching the image in a good quality movie theatre.

Reactions: Kashby
Not sure what I made of this, was very excited for it (and unlike many I enjoy (re-watching) Elysium as well as District 9) - difficult to surmise.

All the other methods of consuming this particular form of entertainment are secondary to the directors original artistic intent, and no matter how big a screen your TV or home cinema has, it cant compare with watching the image in a good quality movie theatre.
If you bothered to really read my post you would have realised that I was not questioning the act of seeing a movie at the cinema per se. I was questioning the logic of seeing something at the cinema purely to decide whether to purchase it in steelbook form.

Both mediums support the film industry. I personally prefer to watch films in the comfort of my own home.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
If you crossed Robocop, Short Circuit, a Die Antwoord promo video and last years Transcendence then you have Chappie.
I thought there were excellent elements to it but the film tried to do and say too much.

Saying that, I'd be curious to watch it again with not so high expectations so will most likely pick up the Steel!

I'm liking the art... excited to see the back! I'll definitely be picking it up. :)

I'm liking the art... excited to see the back! I'll definitely be picking it up. :)

I really wana see the back too. The black and white chappie is growing on me but why o why is he not in colour! Anyways I will probs defo be picking this up too. Here's hoping for another £14.99 :)

I really wana see the back too. The black and white chappie is growing on me but why o why is he not in colour! Anyways I will probs defo be picking this up too. Here's hoping for another £14.99 :)
I hadn't even really noticed he was completely black and white to be honest lol.

This artwork was posted at the other site in the Future Shop thread, I guess the HMV edition will be the same:

View attachment 144957
Love that! :woot: