UK
Purchase: Commando
Release: 4th May 2015
Price: £16.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.

front.jpg

commando-back.jpg interior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been sold out in that time ye i would like the directors cut but this artwork aint close to the original release.

I don't understand why they have photoshopped the photos, there are so many images from this film they can use! It makes no sense to me! All the little things wrong with this release is incredible. I don't own the original and haven't pre ordered this but I would like the original steelbook. Even if this is a directors cut the other one is so much better looking

Reactions: lolwut
I'm not surprised that this sold out in 3 hours - IT'S COMMANDO!! Ordered myself a copy even though I hate the artwork. How crap like this gets commissioned is beyond me?! If it's goes back up for pre-order It'll disappear just as fast as it did yesterday. You won't see this title drop to £9.99 as others have mentioned.
Would you bet against that £9.99 price?
Just remember how many "sold out" titles reappeared last "Black Friday".
Not to mention that turkey of "Last Stand"
What about "Rush"? People paid £30 + for that UK steel, only to find Zavvi selling them for £13.99 last December. Sellers can't give them away on eBay now.
Do you still believe this is truly sold out with that art work?
[emoji2]

i received the steelbook launch email for this from zavvi.nl and when i clicked on it i was redirected to the product page of the first commando steelbook so something clearly went wrong and this steelbook isn't sold out at all

Got my pre-order in and my original Zavvi steel is on eBay

However, if an amaray edition is announced I will be picking that one up instead

The first steelbook is actually very well done, nice to look at and well produced. So for a couple of minutes of footage I think this one is just a bit of a cash in especially with that hideous photoshopped cover. The only real benefit is to give those that missed out on the first release a chance to get a copy. Plus, I suppose you could always put this disc inside the nicer steel..........

Reactions: lgans316
Have to say when I first saw this, I was very tempted to photoshop the gun out of his hand and replace it with a cucumber, sorry but from the Image we have it has not even been photoshopped very well....

Reactions: Ronnie3067
"It's just a cash grab" what isn't? Does anyone actually think any of these companies are like "We don't need the money, this is for the FANS!" they're business's. 99% of releases mentioned on this board are huge, giant, Hollywood films or at least produced or distributed by large, million dollar companies. Everything is a "cash grab" lol.

Anyway, do I want the directors cut? Yes. Will I pay this price or more for a subpar cover art version? Nah. I can just wait since I have the original. To those who don't have the original, it makes sense to get this if thy don't want to deal with the secondary market though so good for them.