Daredevil - Season 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Release date: October 3, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Note: The title treatment and Daredevil silhouette will be embossed. Spot gloss will be used on sections of the front of the Steelbook and the Marvel logo on the back. The Steelbook is white.

Collector's Box thread here

11312347-7174401904116618.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempted by this but with there still being no release of Agents of Shield on steelbook (what put me off Agent Carter also) and the thought that the Marvel series steelbooks might be a bit hit and miss, think I might have to pass. Plus if they were to release every series on top of all the MCU movies it could start getting very expensive. Nice release though.

Only thing I need to know is if this is region free, and if the US is getting a release.... It would be odd if the UK was to get it and not the US.(meaning not a steelbook but any sort of release)

Received this AM at 9:09 from Zavvi . . . should serve as a response to the 50 quid raised eyebrow comments I've just been reading.

Yup, 50 quid for this:-

ORDER THE DELUXE EDITION FOR ONLY £49.99

Order the extremely limited deluxe Box Edition and you’ll receive:

Daredevil Season 1 - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
+ 5 awesome Daredevil themed treats.

Your box will be dispatched on the same date as the standard Steelbook. Extremely limited so act fast to avoid disappointment!

SHOP NOW

. . . or 30 quid for this:-
DAREDEVIL SEASON 1 STEELBOOK

Daredevil Season 1 - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray

PRE-ORDER NOW

you pays yer money and you takes yer choice . . . or not, as the case may be - unfortunately, could not realistically be any cheaper due to the high price of the Amaray (GBP 26).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about the artwork for the back and insides to kind of go with the b&w front ?
Tricky . . . as the official posters don't go with the front and something else will have to be found/created to suit OR one or more of these below could have the colour stripped out and the images rendered in Black & White like those classic b&w photos of New York which we've all seen.

For the BACK: Could be a black & white cityscape with red for the crossed DD etc. (original poster designed by IGNITION):-
Original
daredevil1.jpg

For the INSIDE: again could be black & white street scene with touches of colour (original poster designs by MOB SCENE) or jewel-like as per the poster designed by IGNITION):-
Original
daredevil2.png

Original
daredevil3.png

Black & white cityscapes - even without any colour - can look very cool (imo):-
upload_2016-7-1_17-38-21.jpeg
images
images
images

• Thanks
Reactions: Maximus15
Here's my mockup for a Daredevil season 1 steelbook. I made this a few months ago:

pAYdo34.jpg
Thats more like it. I get people like original art as opposed to poster art but the poster art is ALWAYS wayyyyy better in most instances. The Zavvi art isnt bad but its kinda bland. This hand drawn "art" is getting real boring with these steelbooks.

Yes, that's lovely and vibrant and all very good, but as we already have the front from a top comic-book artist we need something that will go well with that particular image for the back and for the insides.
Anyway, good job but I think we need Noodles on this :thumbs:

Don't personally take onboard negativity towards "proper" artwork for steelbook covers as you sometimes - rarely . . . fortunately - get the poster art on both the Amarays and the steelbooks and I'm just not the biggest fan of the same image on both.
Some recent examples of samey artwork on Amaray and steelbook covers:-
139601_large.jpg
142274_large.jpg
27012_large.jpg
145797_large.jpg
141339_large.jpg
141687_large.jpg
16785_large.jpg
147142_large.jpg
143849_large.jpg
143725_large.jpg
26204_large.jpg
148299_large.jpg
25541_large.jpg
150335_large.jpg
138429_medium.jpg
152464_large.jpg
1748_large.jpg
152367_large.jpg
22576_large.jpg
136293_large.jpg
69056_large.jpg
149054_large.jpg
147888_large.jpg
147914_large.jpg
151460_large.jpg
151481_large.jpg
135163_large.jpg
155656_large.jpg
143412_large.jpg
156308_large.jpg
156107_large.jpg
156095_large.jpg

Personally rate front covers on all the recent "arty" steels including BRONSON, THE MIST, AMELIE, SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE and the rest . . . but some of these were unfortunately a bit let down by the finish (IMO).

Yes, that's lovely and vibrant and all very good, but as we already have the front from a top comic-book artist we need something that will go well with that particular image for the back and for the insides.
Anyway, good job but I think we need Noodles on this :thumbs:

Don't personally take onboard negativity towards "proper" artwork for steelbook covers as you often get the poster art on the Amarays and I'm not a fan of just replicating the same images on the Amarays.

Personally rate front covers on all the recent "arty" steels including BRONSON, THE MIST, AMELIE, SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE and the rest but some of these were let down by the finish (IMO).

I hope that Joe Q had some say in the design of the back cover. That way it could be a proper artsy steelbook like the Mondo X line that I love so much!

Pre-ordered!

My choice for the design would be this
critique-daredevil-saison-1-le-cote-sombre-mais-genial-de-marvel-624x387.jpg

Left on the front and right on the back

Also ...when time comes for Jessica Jones :
Front :
Marvels-Jessica-Jones-poster-min.jpg

Back :

kilgraveposter.jpg

I have no doubt that Jessica Jones will get a release. Marvel sells. It's as simple as that. With these series being on Netflix, that's probably what has held up the home releases, but they'll come out eventually.

Reactions: Shane Dale
Its an Ok design, but then when Sin-city arrived ZAVVI Poster art design, very disappointed in hand, but maybe this will be better, for the money it needs to be good though.

We all know by now "Artwork by legendary Marvel & Daredevil artist, Joe Quesada!" . . . which means we can take for granted that this front artwork is absolutely FINAL despite the usual "artwork to be confirmed" blurb (which is on all SB pre-order listings anyway).
Hoping they come up with something cool for the back too . . . not overly bothered about the inside artwork particularly if the 4 discs are spread out 2 and 2 mostly covering any art that may be there.
Art on the discs themselves would be the icing on the cake - ideally (for me) the same art as on the steelbook front cover.

Thats more like it. I get people like original art as opposed to poster art but the poster art is ALWAYS wayyyyy better in most instances. The Zavvi art isnt bad but its kinda bland. This hand drawn "art" is getting real boring with these steelbooks.

I couldn't agree more. It reminds me of the Sin City art which looked horrific to me. This isn't as bad as that, but I think it's bland and quite simply nowhere near as good as JCC's or even the original posters.