Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd collection #02) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: 2nd of February, 2015
Purchase link: KimchiDVD (Sold out)
Pre-Order Time: January 30th, 10.00 AM (Korean Time) TIME ZONE CONVERTER HERE
Price:
42.99$
Disc: 2D+3D blu-ray combo steelbook
Print run: 700 copies
Artwork: WWA
Package:
- Lenticular slipcover
- Character Poster card
- Numbering sticker (No numbering card)
- Kimchidvd exclusive sticker

Steelbook artwork
76063-3e819b8034e724acb7384ab940bd6e12.jpg

Lenticular artwork
bheg0k.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Why has Kimchi moved from Exclusives to Collections? What are the differences, other than restarting the numbering from 1?

Why has Kimchi moved from Exclusives to Collections? What are the differences, other than restarting the numbering from 1?

From what I know, the Collections series has WWA and just exclusive extras but the Exclusives are, well, exclusive? For example, Her and Dallas Buyers Club don't have steelbooks anywhere else but at kimchi.

Not quite sure if I'm accurate. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks:)

They haven't, the KimchiDVD "Collection" are in addition to the Exclusives they've always done, not instead of.

Plus as themovielover926 pointed out, the "Collection" releases use non-exclusive Steelbook artwork (e.g. probably in a situation where it would be hard/time consuming to get a studio to allow an exclusive Steelbook release), whereas the Exclusives will (I assume) going forward use artwork not available anywhere else in the world (as in, the Steelbook design is exclusive to Korea).

So the Collection releases will contain the WWA Steelbooks available elsewhere, but add extra goodies (e.g. in the case of X-Men Days of Future Past: Lenticular/art cards/numbering sticker).

It's an extra source of revenue for KimchiDVD and a nice bonus for us collectors that want something a little different where the studio might not normally allow it.

Last edited:
@themovielover926 @RobertJoseph17 @MrBMT

Sorry guys, I'm not quite seeing the difference between KimchiDVD Exclusive and Collection lines.

At least these KimchiDVD Exclusive releases have had exactly the same steelbook art as a Korean general release, some of them have been with WWA:

#1 Terminator 2: Judgment Day (+ Korean general release with the same full slip, without KimchiDVD sticker)
#3 Monsters, Inc. (+ Korean general release with a different full slip)
#4 Tangled (+ Korean general release with a full slip)
#5 Infernal Affairs (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#6 Leon (+ Korean general release with the same full slip + extras, only missing the numbering card)
#7 Monsters University (WWA steelbook)
#8 Thor: The Dark World (WWA steelbook)
#9 Frozen (WWA steelbook)
#10 Amélie (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#11 Rush (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#13 Snowpiercer (+ Korean general release with a transparent slip)
#14 The Pianist (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#15 Memento (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#16 Perfume (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)

Colour me confused, but the only real difference I can see between Exclusive and Collection lines, is Numbering card vs. Numbering sticker ;)

Last edited:
@themovielover926 @RobertJoseph17 @MrBMT

Sorry guys, I'm not quite seeing the difference between KimchiDVD Exclusive and Collection lines.

At least these KimchiDVD Exclusive releases have had exactly the same steelbook art as a Korean general release, some of them have been with WWA:

#3 Monsters, Inc. (+ Korean general release with a different full slip)
#4 Tangled (+ Korean general release with a full slip)
#5 Infernal Affairs (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#6 Leon (+ Korean general release with the same full slip + extras, only missing the numbering card)
#10 Amélie (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#11 Rush (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#13 Snowpiercer (+ Korean general release with a transparent slip)
#14 The Pianist (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#15 Memento (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)
#16 Perfume (+ Korean general release with a quarter slip)

Colour me confused, but the only real difference I can see between Exclusive and Collection lines, is Numbering card vs. Numbering sticker ;)
It's a new numbering system for wwa steelbooks. They can't go back and change the numbers on the old wwa releases, so they're just starting a new numbering system going forward. So starting from collection #1, all wwa releases will be part of the collection. And future wea releases will be part of the old numbering system. That's how I understand it anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: themovielover926
Interesting, I had no idea they'd previously had releases with WWA and I knew their Steelbook print runs were shared with Korea, I should have said exclusive to Korea rather than KimchiDVD, amended my post to clarify.

Last edited:
It's a new numbering system for wwa steelbooks. They can't go back and change the numbers on the old wwa releases, so they're just starting a new numbering system going forward. So starting from collection #1, all wwa releases will be part of the collection. And future wea releases will be part of the old numbering system. That's how I understand it anyway.
That makes sense to me :thumbs:

I would say this will be announced what the release is middle or end of next week

With a live date most likely in next 3 weeks I would expect shipping in a couple of days after

Considering its a shared New Film Release that out in Nov that's not already been released that's WWA and not a title that's already released
Its a title most likely we already have mentioned and it wont be Maleficent

The delay in announcing he title is most likely due to
Lenticular slipcover artwork design and production delay or some problem as in not ready yet as that's the only difference with this release

As soon as Iron Man Pre Order is finished I would say an announcement is shortly after this what this is going to be or they have run into a problem

Last edited:
Still hoping its Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes if not Maleficent..

@paulboland was it announced that Maleficent is a Nova exclusive? Or just amaray with lenti slip is their exclusive?