Notes: 3D is region Free, 2D is A&B only

Picture sent to us kindly by HMV
apes.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 543
Last edited by a moderator:
You don't know what you're missing mate. The new futurepaks are very high quality

Whilst I definitely prefer steelbooks to futurepaks I agree that the fuss over the futurepaks is exaggerated as they're almost identical at first glance. I've received the first "Apes" movie futurepak by mistake and now feel confident about ordering these when a steelbook option isn't available - such as The Hills Have Eyes.

This movie is amazing!! Loved it so much, can't wait to own this steelbook... Apparently a sequel has been announced for 2016, yessss!

Reactions: harry
Can someone tell me the difference between a steelbook and a futurepak? Also do HMV steelbooks have a limited issue amount?
I am fairly new to the steelbook game.
Anyway this Apes film looks great, so I will most likely pre-order this.

Can someone tell me the difference between a steelbook and a futurepak? Also do HMV steelbooks have a limited issue amount?
I am fairly new to the steelbook game.
Anyway this Apes film looks great, so I will most likely pre-order this.
Mainly the spine. When you open a steelbook up, the spine is still visible. When you open futurepak up, the spine kinda folds into itself. The general opinion is that they're inferior and I tend to agree. Also, because of the folding spine, any interior artwork seems to be just 2 random shots rather than a continuous picture (using the Fight Club futurepak as reference here).

I'm pretty sure HMV exclusive steels are limited. Most if not all current HMV steels are sold out and some go for quite a bit on eBay.

inb4someonewhoknowsbetterthanme

Reactions: cheetah
Might have to join a GB for this one... don't fancy having to put up with public transport and pay £4 bus fare just to pick up one steelbook. Really wish they'd get their site back up and running!

As this is looking like it's 3D, thought I may as well pre-order; however my HMV is currently in the middle of a system update that takes 4 days to complete, so need to wait until the middle of next week :rolleyes:

As this is looking like it's 3D, thought I may as well pre-order; however my HMV is currently in the middle of a system update that takes 4 days to complete, so need to wait until the middle of next week :rolleyes:

That's ok then, thought I was receiving some bs, but he took my name and number and said he would order it for me when the computers came back up, no deposit asked for, but I think I will pop in next week just to make sure

I can see why Fox would go with the image of an older Caesar for "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes", since the younger Caesar's face formed the artwork for the Steelbook releases of "Rise of the Planet of the Apes", as well as the recent FuturePak reissues of that title.

However, this particular image looks more like a preliminary draft than a finished product. If the image were to be tidied up and some colour applied, especially some green for Caesar's eyes, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That said, if this is what we are going to get then I'm certainly not going to deprive myself of this Steelbook.

The preliminary artwork for the Standard and 3D Amaray cases is far superior and hopefully that will be used for the reverse of the Steebook.

Fox Pathe Europa has tended to use its own unique artwork for its French Steelbook releases and "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was no exception. I thought it superior to its UK counterpart and I'm hoping their forthcoming Steelbook release of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" will also use different artwork to the UK one.

Reactions: psychoscot
Pre-ordered in Solihull @ the cost of a fiver after being told it wasn't on the system only for me to point out a poster advertising it, reason was he was looking under blu-ray when he should have looked under 3d

How do I pre-order from HMV? Their site is pretty useless.

Can't bring myself to even bother pre-ordering, I can never get through to them via phone and when I do their system is down. It looks like a terrific film, but this Steelbook is probably limited to a billion copies like Enders Game and Wolverine, which are always available on eBay auctions for just over a £10 each. I think it's safe to assume HMV are saved from filing for administration in the time being, wish they'd bring the website back.

How do I pre-order from HMV? Their site is pretty useless.

Can't bring myself to even bother pre-ordering, I can never get through to them via phone and when I do their system is down. It looks like a terrific film, but this Steelbook is probably limited to a billion copies like Enders Game and Wolverine, which are always available on eBay auctions for just over a £10 each. I think it's safe to assume HMV are saved from filing for administration in the time being, wish they'd bring the website back.
You pre- order by going into store and usually you leave a deposit.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley