FFO, Germany
Release date: June 13, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Note: Deboss On Front and Back & Spot Gloss

1.jpg

2.jpg 11243883-2064363310233080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I thought I would share my pain with fellow members, so my mate said he ordered 4 copes of this, so cancelled my Amazon.it...then when I saw him he told me only 1 turned up. Then saw that Zavvi had them up again, came on here to let people know it was back up, went back to zavvi SOLD out again. So went to Ebay found one for £25.99 free delivery, it did actually cross my mind that this was cheap, but hey...... paid my money, 2 hours later shows as dispatched Crikey that's fast....Anyway seller contacted me and said ha had just come back from a short holiday, this was a day later, [Thursday] and would send out that afternoon, so expected it at least Saturday, Monday the latest.
Friday morning a message from ebay saying this item is no longer available, did not think to much about really as it was not directed to me personally, but I then noticed all his feedback had gone, just removed not that there anything wrong with the feedback anyway, just odd, so I thought I would just message him, and since then NOTHING, no delivery no response, so I have had to put a not received case now, and have to wait a week until Ebay step in, and I could have bought another one for nearly the same price, So I don't know what has happened, I hope the chappy is Ok of course, as you can never tell......but some assume the worst that they are being ripped off, anyway just gone back to amazon.it 64Euros now....anyway I do feel for those who did not get one.....also also yes I have seen a link to zavvi having more in..TODAY.....Yer right really have some SOLD OUT Again...so the moral of the story is S--t happens, I will put a wanted in the classifieds soon, and hopefully I can get one from one of you fine fellows.

Doh.. I used that same seller, and was just thinking it should have been delivered by now

I notice the seller now has 4 negative feedbacks left in the last month - but private. He didn't have any when I ordered.

Guess, i'll have to try elsewhere

Doh.. I used that same seller, and was just thinking it should have been delivered by now

I notice the seller now has 4 negative feedbacks left in the last month - but private. He didn't have any when I ordered.

Amazon.fr are selling the same steelbook

Really.....well that just confirms my suspicions, that sucks then.

Gutted opened my copy of Deadpool today (Fathers Day present) and its dented.
Doubt I'll get a replacement out of Zavvi :(

full

full

full

full
Thought for those that are interested I would share my recent experience with Zavvi, it's in the retailer thread should you wish to comment so it does not derail this thread.
Hi,
Just thought I would share my recent experience with Zavvi.
I pre ordered the Deadpool Steelbook back in Feb, was looking forward to it being not only a Steelbook collector or also a lifelong comic book collector.
So I was disappointed to find my copy was damaged.
I contacted Zavvi and this is how it went....
Zavvi
I can see that this was dispatched on 7/6, we ask that you wait 14 working days for your order to arrive. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Me
Um it has arrived, that's why I tweeted yesterday as it arrived damaged. Only found out yesterday as it was a Father's Day present. Can you replace it if I return it, hopefully you keep a small stock in case of damages.
Packaging box was not damaged, can only assume it was damaged before it went in the box.

Zavvi
thanks for providing the pictures.

I have checked for you and we do not have anymore stock to send a replacement, I am very sorry about that. If you would still like to return this item back to us for a refund you can do. I shall provide you returns information to your email.

Please return the goods to us using our 48 hour Royal Mail tracked service

Me
I'm very disappointed, I thought you would have a supply of stock to cover damages. Even using unwanted returns. I will now have to pay double on eBay to get this. I would like this referred to manager as a complaint. As I feel that a replacement is a fair request and good customer service.

Zavvi
We are sorry about this and we will take the feedback on board. As a goodwill gesture for any disappointment caused we would like to offer you £5 credit to your account. Would you be willing to accept this?

Me
Thank you for your response, but I would like this referred to a manager as a complaint as I would like someone at Zavvi to try and source me a copy of this title. I feel this is fair and good customer service.

Zavvi
we may be able to send you a replacement, are you able to post this back to us today/? I have cancelled the original returns information and have sent you a new returns, once we receive it back, if we have stock if we shall send a replacement.

Me
Yes thankyou I will post this back today.

Me
Hi, I have had confirmation that the parcel was delivered today to you, could you confirm receipt and let me know when a replacement copy will be sent as I understand earlier today you had 30 copies go back on sale, I'm hoping one was put aside for me.

Zavvi
I am having you issued with a full refund as the item is out of stock now, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Me
Hi, that's not what was agreed please read the previous comments from your colleagues. As mentioned this is a complaint and I feel it acceptable customer service to have a replacement. I do not want a refund just a replacement.

Zavvi
I am sorry but as this is out of stock we will not be able to replace this for you.
If you would like this to be raised to our complaints department please let us know and I will be happy to do this.

Me
Hi,
Yes absolutely I want this raised as a complaint and i would like a manager to get back to me either via Twitter, email or phone Today.
As per the comment by xx on Monday
"Hi Dan, we may be able to send you a replacement, are you able to post this back to us today/? I have cancelled the original returns information and have sent you a new returns, once we receive it back, if we have stock if we shall send a replacement. Many thanks"
I did this even though in my opinion a replacement should have been sent first, and now feel not only let down by Zavvi but misled and lied to.
While your website claims to be OOS yesterday you put 30 copies on sale, I know this as it was reported on Hi-Def Ninja a site for Steelbook fans, the same community you want to alienate and give poor customer service to.
I do not accept that you do not have at least 1 copy what with unwanted returns. This feels very much like a refund to fob me off, well this Steelbook is nearly double the cost on eBay and I do not feel it fair for me to pay this the fact that you do not keep back a supply of each of the major titles for damages is an absurb business practice and may explain why a vast majority purchase 2 copies in the hope that at least one copy will arrive unscathed or they purchase the same Steelbook abroad from the likes of FilmArena who you should look to as a benchmark of what a Steelbook retailer should do.
I purchased quite a few steelbooks over the years and have some on order but this experience has made me think twice about cancelling as there are alternatives to Zavvi and Customer Service counts for a lot, and my experience will be shared with the Steelbook community.
I await your response and I hope at the least a copy of the title I ordered.

Zavvi
Thank you for getting in touch about your recent experience with Zavvi.

I am sorry to hear that your Deadpool - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook was received damaged. I can see that this has been returned and a refund has been requested for you. As we no longer have the stock available for this order, we have been unable to request a replacement for you.

With all of our orders and stock that we have, we do not keep any stock back and therefore we only have stock available if items are returned back to us. When you returned your items, as we have not had any items returned back to us, and we have no stock available in which to replace your product, the only alternative is to refund this.

When you were speaking to our advisors on twitter, there was never the promise that you would receive a replacement, and only the option that if we had the items these would be replaced for you.

I am sorry, as you have received your refund and we no longer have the item available, I will not be able to send this out for you.

I truly apologise for the inconvenience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Me
Hi, thankyou for getting back to me. I do feel misled with my expectations that your staff member gave.
Also you should keep some stock back i read often of damages and spine slashes on steelbooks, you seem to be out of touch with collectors and hope you take this on board. I will now have to source a copy through ebay at an increased cost as such i feel as a goodwill gesture due to the poor customer service i have received that some form of credit should be added to my account as by way of compensation.

They then gave a 10% code.
-------------------------------------------------------

So that's the sorry story, bit of a read but felt it right that I should share this experience with the Steelbook collecting as those of you who still buy from Zavvi could be affected by this business practice.
I don't hate Zavvi just disappointed and let down.

I bought from the same bloke as well. And I too have raised a case

I have just received my copy of deadpool today, from the refund I got, however it has arrived in just a cellophane wrap with no outer card/slip nor is there any info inside, and no certificate 15cert on the disc, the seller lists it as new, and from the UK, So I am not sure what is going on, can anyone throe any light on this, has anyone else had a copy the same, with no slip, or anything.....it was a good price £27 But concerned this is a different edition or something else, also the seller had sold out the other day, now he has 8 more copies available.
Thanks in advance, I am tempted to get a refund, pay the extra and get an original z\avvi one.
It seems I should not be getting this steel, with all the hassle I have had.

Huggsy

I have just received my copy of deadpool today, from the refund I got, however it has arrived in just a cellophane wrap with no outer card/slip nor is there any info inside, and no certificate 15cert on the disc, the seller lists it as new, and from the UK, So I am not sure what is going on, can anyone throe any light on this, has anyone else had a copy the same, with no slip, or anything.....it was a good price £27 But concerned this is a different edition or something else, also the seller had sold out the other day, now he has 8 more copies available.
Thanks in advance, I am tempted to get a refund, pay the extra and get an original z\avvi one.
It seems I should not be getting this steel, with all the hassle I have had.

Huggsy
The standard Czech release didn't have a slip/info card afaik. I'm pretty sure someone posted in that thread about receiving it that way.

Yep, it was here - Deadpool (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Film Arena Collection) [Czech Republic] ;)

Well unless its the drugs I am on at the moment, I did not see any info that this was Czech edition, in fact it says UK Genuine.....

Well unless its the drugs I am on at the moment, I did not see any info that this was Czech edition, in fact it says UK Genuine.....

Misleading and wrong....

Quote:
Brand new and sealed - A genuine item, just as you would purchase from any DVD store – The only difference, you won’t have to leave the house!

This is a genuine UK Region 2 edition

Misleading and wrong....

Quote:
Brand new and sealed - A genuine item, just as you would purchase from any DVD store – The only difference, you won’t have to leave the house!

This is a genuine UK Region 2 edition

They never stated it was the Zavvi exclusive, just that it is UK Region 2 compatible, that's clever. I'm not sure what eBays stance is with matters like these, but @Huggsy if you're not happy I'd discuss with the seller first.

Are we looking at the same listing? It says This is a genuine UK Region 2 edition

Sorry it was not to imply it was a Zavvi, However I mentioned Zavvi because they the exclusive UK seller, so it could be forgiven if some one assumed rightly or wrongly that it was a zavvi steelbook.
Anyway I did/have contacted the seller and has stated that this steelbook is an Irish supplied steelbook, who work closely with the film company, it is exactly the same as the zavvi, just with out the slip and any info.
The seller was very helpful and explained well enough that it did not make want to return/refund it, which is all I wanted, However I did state that it might be an idea to state that it is from another supplier or country, just so it gives buyers a choice if they want it or not, because not all buyers are as understanding, and will jump on this to there ends, then leave negative feedback, So all in all I am Ok with it, I am just glad I have one now, and can say it is a lovely steelbook. Hopefully members will read this and can help with there decision when buying, personally if you are an avid collector then maybe this is not for you, but if like me the film is more important then the steel, its a great buy, and you can buy with confidence.

Huggsy

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Anyway I did/have contacted the seller and has stated that this steelbook is an Irish supplied steelbook, who work closely with the film company, it is exactly the same as the zavvi, just with out the slip and any info.

WTF??? :LOL::confused:

@huggsy mate, sounds like this guy is blowing smoke up your ass. Deadpool got no steelbook release in Ireland. Period.

If that's the case, he can say that about any of the European Steelbook releases. Because all the discs are the exactly the same. Which he HAS done, because I have no doubt that this is the Czech release and he's lied to you.

Even if it was from Ireland (which it's not) it would have the UK J-card because we get all the same steelbooks you guys get. With both the Irish and UK film rating logos on there.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry