FFO, Germany
Release date: June 13, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99
Note: Deboss On Front and Back & Spot Gloss

1.jpg

2.jpg 11243883-2064363310233080.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF....For F--k sake what is it with this steelbook...first I get stiffed with the first one, then get shafted with this, but what pisses me off more than anything, is I saw the better side of this person, and actually thought I was helping on here....which I suppose now I have, as this has come out now, Christ I am a sucker.
So what would you recommend I say, Obviously I am not going to keep this one now, not now this has come out, I will ask for a refund of course, but would like any input from you to add.
So thank you for enlightening me.

Huggsy

You got a few options.

Phone eBay and tell them you've been sent an international copy and the listing described it as a UK genuine edition.
Inform eBay that you wanted the UV code and this doesn't have it and that it doesn't have the backing card which you expected

or

Go back to the seller and request a refund for the above reasons and wait for their answer, if they aren't willing to refund then do the above, or if you don't want to phone eBay raise a dispute through there website.

Personally, calling eBay is easier from my experience as things get done a lot faster.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
It's up to you but although it's the Czech steelbook it is the same as rest of Europe including Zavvi in terms of the actual steelbook itself
It just not the UK Disc that came with Jcard and Ultraviolet Copy
The ebay seller is been bit cheeky saying it's Genuine UK Steelbook as it not

If you keep it it's still the same steelbook it just not have the UK/Ireland disc or Jcard and Ultraviolet copy
The Film and extras on the Disc are the same

Ask for a discount partial or full refund but be allowed to keep the steelbook for his wrong listing that's it is a Genuine UK Steelbook

Would've made a world of difference if the seller had just said "Region B Import plays on all UK machines" I'm sure they would still sell them, after all the Steelbook is the main selling point. A similar thing has happened to me before in the past. Somehow I'm not convinced all sellers know what they're selling.

Indeed agree with all the above, it was the fact that when I asked about the steel in the first place, the reasons were fair enough, hence the recommendation, however now that the real truth came out, and he basically lied, that is what made me angry, so I sent them an email requesting a full refund and explained that he should state that this indeed an import as stated above, I don't really see an issue saying this anyway, as I am sure he would still sell them ok.
Anyway after about an hour this message was sent, talk about fast, and the fact he has been put right regarding this steelbook, I can see why, so here it is.
Finally I want to thank you all for your input and help/advice on this, I am actually touched by your support, this might not seem a real problem to some, but for me who pretty much knows nothing about different editions or were they are from, it has been a real help, had he stated it was an import, I might have bought it anyway, but that would have been my choice, so again thanks to all, this forum ROCKS.......

Hello Charlotte,

quality-trades sent you a message about your request:

"Hello Charlotte Thank you for the email. I'm really perplexed to hear this and have already sent an enquiry off to our suppliers as we only go by the information they supply to us. I'm so sorry if this has caused and distress or inconvenience and as requested I have issued a full refund (with no need to return the set of course). I hope that's ok. Many apologies again N"

To reply now, see your request details.

If you have not agreed on a solution by 10 Jul, 2016, you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to sort things out, your request will stay open until 31 Jul, 2016.

Indeed agree with all the above, it was the fact that when I asked about the steel in the first place, the reasons were fair enough, hence the recommendation, however now that the real truth came out, and he basically lied, that is what made me angry, so I sent them an email requesting a full refund and explained that he should state that this indeed an import as stated above, I don't really see an issue saying this anyway, as I am sure he would still sell them ok.
Anyway after about an hour this message was sent, talk about fast, and the fact he has been put right regarding this steelbook, I can see why, so here it is.
Finally I want to thank you all for your input and help/advice on this, I am actually touched by your support, this might not seem a real problem to some, but for me who pretty much knows nothing about different editions or were they are from, it has been a real help, had he stated it was an import, I might have bought it anyway, but that would have been my choice, so again thanks to all, this forum ROCKS.......

Hello Charlotte,

quality-trades sent you a message about your request:

"Hello Charlotte Thank you for the email. I'm really perplexed to hear this and have already sent an enquiry off to our suppliers as we only go by the information they supply to us. I'm so sorry if this has caused and distress or inconvenience and as requested I have issued a full refund (with no need to return the set of course). I hope that's ok. Many apologies again N"

To reply now, see your request details.

If you have not agreed on a solution by 10 Jul, 2016, you can ask us to step in and help. If you and your seller need more time to sort things out, your request will stay open until 31 Jul, 2016.
Glad to hear you received a refund, BUT you must leave appropriate feedback for this seller to warn others of the deceit, as other will (and have) fallen for this sellers slight of hand and misdirection, don't worry about seller leaving you negative feedback, they can't, only positive feedback from a seller can be left.

I have actually reported a number of items in the past from this seller under listing policy violations for not stating clearly items are imports, suffice to say , ebay ignored me and the listings stayed.

Glad to hear you received a refund, BUT you must leave appropriate feedback for this seller to warn others of the deceit, as other will (and have) fallen for this sellers slight of hand and misdirection, don't worry about seller leaving you negative feedback, they can't, only positive feedback from a seller can be left.

Well, that's a bit harsh though, isn't it? The buyer got a full refund AND can keep the steelbook and the seller should still get a negative feedback? The description might be dodgy, but at the end of the day it is the same steelbook with the same Bluray and the only difference is the re-sale value - which should be neglected for a free item now. Just my 2 cents.....

Well, that's a bit harsh though, isn't it? The buyer got a full refund AND can keep the steelbook and the seller should still get a negative feedback? The description might be dodgy, but at the end of the day it is the same steelbook with the same Bluray and the only difference is the re-sale value - which should be neglected for a free item now. Just my 2 cents.....
It's a clear case of mis-selling, the seller tried to give the impression this was the UK version, when it was not, it was an import and they failed (deliberately so it seems) to make this clear. The UK has very strict regulations when it comes to being honest about selling items, and attempting to deceive the public is a no-no.

If no feedback is left, others may fall into the same trap, it's the only thing that the buyer can do to warn others, whether other buyers heed that feedback or not.

The reason the seller folded and refunded so quick in my opinion is precisely what your saying, refund and hope the buyer doesn't leave appropriate feedback, fingers crossed, so we can continue the deception.

This is my last message on the subject, now I'm off to the bog.

My intensions were to merely get advice on this steelbook, which I did 2-fold I have told the seller in no uncertain terms that he should now change the way they list describe ANY Items that are ambiguous and misleading as this clearly was, the fact that they refunded and offered to keep the item was a fair result IMO. Irrespective of the sellers concern I would then leave bad feedback, I am to long in the tooth to get spiteful and take inappropriate actions for the hell of it, BUT I have stated if this does not change then further actions will take place, and ebay WILL respond, so I have given him the benefit of the doubt, right or wrong, and hopefully this has helped any buyers that are thinking of buying this from said seller, I joined this forum for exactly the reason members have helped me, with out the revenge factor that another forum had/has, I understand the reaction of mr y fronts message above, and have no issue with it as it is how he feels, and to be honest, I was feeling the same, expecting to get shafted again, so because of the out come from the seller that is why I them a chance, and the last thing I want is to get into a argument about this, and anyone falling out about what should or should not have been the out come.
I love you all to much.......anyway I am to high and in pain to argue......
Finally as a Customer I am happy with the out come, whether its a shop/store any where really, that's all we want isn't it good customer service, which is what I got....

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
It's a clear case of mis-selling, the seller tried to give the impression this was the UK version, when it was not, it was an import and they failed (deliberately so it seems) to make this clear. The UK has very strict regulations when it comes to being honest about selling items, and attempting to deceive the public is a no-no.

If no feedback is left, others may fall into the same trap, it's the only thing that the buyer can do to warn others, whether other buyers heed that feedback or not.

The reason the seller folded and refunded so quick in my opinion is precisely what your saying, refund and hope the buyer doesn't leave appropriate feedback, fingers crossed, so we can continue the deception.

This is my last message on the subject, now I'm off to the bog.

Neutral feedback stating the reason why would be appropriate enough as the seller resolved the situation by giving a refund. Leaving Negative would only end up appealed and over turned by eBay as the seller was reasonable with the buyer. Had the seller dragged it out and eBay being forced to step in then Negative would have been appropriate.

You could also leave positive feedback (the overall outcome was positive - refund, keep item, good communication etc.....) but explain the wrong doing of the seller (wasn't a UK edition as stated, double checked but found out in the end his information was wrong etc....)??

Personally I'd be very happy with a free Deadpool steelbook minus the j-card. And I actually prefer the European disc as it has no ratings logos on it!!! :p

Just a heads up, there's 8 of these in Harlow CEX for £25.0. Some are battered but most in good nic. They had lots of different titles as well so if yourlocal might be worth checking out.

So this has been sold out for half a year now back in stock?? Did they go back reprint some more?
I don't think so the Europe print run was huge most likely stock held by Fox could be some of film arena stock all that would be required is the jcard and Blu-ray Disc

Last edited: