Django Unchained (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: January 30, 2017
Purchase link: Django Unchained (Pre-order will be live from around 6 PM UK time on December 18)
Price: £15.99
Note: Deboss title treatments - matt varnish on all cream areas - spot gloss on all red areas & characters. All finishes on front and back.
Exclusive pictures HERE

IMG_6080.JPG

IMG_6081.JPGIMG_6082.JPGIMG_6083.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a definite mystery to me is why anyone would prefer this new steelbook to the original even just because of its strawberry ripple background colour vs.the rich red and black of the original.

As far as the B&W photoshopped images on all of these DJANGO steelbooks go I personally feel that they work better on stronger coloured backgrounds such as on the original steelbook with its blood red colour.

On the colouring of the new steelbook I'd have preferred to see the characters not in B&W and as seen on either of these two original poster designs:-
django_unchained_ver10.jpg

THE original poster artwork for DJANGO UNCHAINED . . . a true classic poster . . . reminding me of those minimalist film posters for classic films from the 1950's and 1960's created by Saul Bass and others:-
(http://www.saulbassposterarchive.com/gallery/film-posters/)

With the original DJANGO UNCHAINED my favourite by a mile and the glossy U.S. steelbook with its interesting spine (if this had been a Disney WWA steelbook just thinking how fun it would have been to just have a *long chain on the spine and no title ;)) and lack of inside art joint second place with the U.K. 2nd Edition (depending on how it turns out in the flesh).

Speaking of "long chain":-

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
:LOL: Strawberry ripple background. Funniest thing I've read today

It's a blood sprayed rough creamy colour (for the front)

I do like the art but the title on the back needs to be removed

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
:LOL: Strawberry ripple background. Funniest thing I've read today

It's a blood sprayed rough creamy colour (for the front)

I do like the art but the title on the back needs to be removed
Strawberry ripple that's been dropped on the ground maybe? :rofl:

Personally I think the artwork is way better than the original.

Must buy for me.

En adicion: The naysayers can go on ad-infinitum, but at least this version doesn't have "The new film By Quentin Tarantino" or "Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino" scrawled all over the bloody thing!
That man's overbearing arrogance makee me cringe :(

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
It goes without saying that this is a welcome releases if only for those collectors late to the hobby who missed out on the original classic steelbook at a reasonable price as well as being different enough in design to warrant a double-dip for collectors who bought the original.
The candy stripe colouring and ropey artwork with the B&W photoshopped images plus the title repeated front and back may not be to everyone's taste but at least there is homogeneity throughout including the stripey insides.
As for black and red steelbooks: it can't be disputed that some of the very best in the U.K. are in those two main colours (HITMAN, BLACK SWAN, DEADPOOL et al).

Last edited:
Thanks so much @Apollon for the US thread Steelbook :)

What I don't understand is that it seems to be both a Target Exclusive and a Best Buy exclusive but in the US thread provided by @Apollon people seem to say that the BB version had best finish. I am a bit confused between both retailers but found the BB edition so I am very happy alongside ordering the Zavvi edition.

Last edited:
@Actarus The link I gave you is not an exclusive to Best Buy, you can also get it from Amazon. The target exclusive has different artwork (link below)

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...blu-ray-steelbook-target-exclusive-usa.29511/

And you're welcome :p

Thanks for the info to make sense of it all.

So I am happy I ordered the BB edition then :thumbs:

I collected the japanese Digibook for Django Unchained and it is the most beautiful thing such a sweet release.
So I was very happy to learn about the new Zavvi Release and it got me to get an edition of the BB one which I cannot wait to get.

Thanks for all the information between all of them.

I am Django Unchained happy :D

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: IRON MAN