Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 6, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: This steelbook has the title on the spine.

11355402-2804450968512937.jpg

11355402-2124450968749505.jpg
11355402-4354450969197693.jpg
11355402-6484450968333585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It has a title on the spine
A previous mock up had a bank spine and some web forums and websites used this
Disney provided a final official updated mock up showing the title on the spine

Was there a Team Thor part 1?

I have a hunch what's it's about

It's either an extra or extended scene from the end of dr strange when he's with Thor or it's a sneak peak of Thor 3 which strange apparently appears in because of that final scene in his film

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Was there a Team Thor part 1?
While filming Thor: Ragnarok, director Taika Waititi shot a Thor mockumentary video with Chris Hemsworth about what the Asgardian was up to while the rest of the Avengers were fighting in Captain America: Civil War. The spoof was made in the style of the filmmaker’s vampire comedy, What We Do In the Shadows, and introduced Darryl (Daley Pearson), Thor’s flat-mate in Australia.

Part 1 was released online in August after Marvel revealed the footage during a panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Now, Part 2 will be included on the Doctor Strange Blu-ray

Part 1

Extras
2D Disc

• Play Movie With Intro
  • Featurettes / A Strange Transformation
  • Featurettes / Strange Company
  • Featurettes / The Fabric of Reality
  • Featurettes / Across Time and Space
  • Featurettes / The Score-cerer Supreme
  • Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look
  • Team Thor: Part 2
Deleted & Extended Scenes:

• 1.) Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
  • 2.) Kaecilius Searches For Answers
  • 3.) The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
  • 4.) Making Contact
  • 5.) Lost In Kathmandu
  • Gag Reel
  • Audio Commentary By Director Scott Derrickson
I long for a Marvel release full of extras akin to Iron Man 1's 2-disc set *sigh*

Zero finish / matte finish / satin finish are other words for matte finish. They are scared to use the word matte. Blufans to the rescue then as always.

This is only the first of the remaining 3-5 releases of this film. So lots of opportunity will be kindly given to us collectors by these wonderful Studios.

Zero finish / matte finish / satin finish are other words for matte finish. They are scared to use the word matte. Blufans to the rescue then as always.

This is only the first of the remaining 3-5 releases of this film. So lots of opportunity will be kindly given to us collectors by these wonderful Studios.

To be fair they have suttle differences but very very sutlle. I would say satin is the most noticeable as it's usually smooth and zero is a bit more metallic looking. There don't seem to be many strong matte finsh steels anymore. I mean non streaky, bright and strong coloured matte steels

The zavvi lenti will also be matte but blufans should be gloss

To be fair they have suttle differences but very very sutlle. I would say satin is the most noticeable as it's usually smooth and zero is a bit more metallic looking. There don't seem to be many strong matte finsh steels anymore. I mean non streaky, bright and strong coloured matte steels

The zavvi lenti will also be matte but blufans should be gloss

The recent Zavvi Disney Lenticular wave have some nice matte finish but I would always prefer a spot glossed or fully glossed Steelbook over any matte Steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
The recent Zavvi Disney Lenticular wave have some nice matte finish but I would always prefer a spot glossed or fully glossed Steelbook over any matte Steelbook.

I agree

I also like a good proportion of spot gloss on a good matte finish

Or the satin finsh black matte steels with spot gloss like Hmv drive and zavvis 1st Rambo. The black satin matte finsh is perfect on them IMO

Reactions: lgans316
did they confirmed spine title?

AS far as I can gather - and not that it makes complete sense - the only edition worldwide to have a title on the spine will be the U.K. edition.
BUT
. . . as can be seen in images of this steelbook there seems to be 2 spine versions and if that spine is accurate on the Canadian steelbook I can't see how a title will fit on it tbh.
U.K. (and rest of Europe/Asia?) ........................................... Canada (and The Americas?)
upload_2017-2-5_18-10-57.png
upload_2017-2-5_18-20-40.png

With the Amazon.de spine showing an English title mirroring the Zavvi it could be a case of all European editions having an English title (?)

On the other hand it's possible that the spine title is part of the slip (even though it doesn't look like it in the mock-up) and that all spines will look like the Canadian spine where decoration takes the place of the title (?)

I guess we'll know soon enough. . .

Spine title was confirmed a long time ago. Why would they lie like that?
Title is on the spine UK Steelbook
There are different mock up images used on some European websites which is a older mock without the title and not the updated mock up Disney provided showing the title.
Steelbookpro for release details is not accurate lot of the times most of it's assumption based on using other info on various web forms which we know can get info wrong sometimes and lot of times is guessing and admits to it in it's answers it don't know for sure :rofl:

The only way anyone can be 100% about a release is when it's in hand as until then it's just basing info on assumed details

• Thanks
Reactions: javiermendoza
With the Amazon.de spine showing an English title mirroring the Zavvi it could be a case of all European editions having an English title (?)
Pics of all main EU versions show a titled spine, not just on amazonDE: azIT, fnac, azES; all these countries got the same english title for the movie, no weird translation ;);)