Purchase link: Doctor Who: Series 1
Price: £24.99

91F9uNr4I+L._SL1500_.jpg

91M-l5X9rpL._SL1500_.jpg

91kFU5l165L._SL1500_.jpg

81xzRpCHyoL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The artwork looks nice.
I'm not a Who fan enough to purchase these, but I think fans will be happy.

I do have a soft spot for the Eccleston/Tennant era. They're going to have to be a bit more liberal when it comes to pricing. £34.99! I assume this was announced today being Christopher Eccleston's birthday. Happy Birthday! :thumbs:

The artwork used on these steels makes me wish I was a Dr Who fan... they look great IMO.

Hmmm... This is interesting... If they do release the rest of the series, what about the poor people who didn't managed to get the limited series 9 release, and they don't re-release it... It'll kind of put a spanner in the works for a collection. What about the series specials to and the 50th Anniversary releases they did. Yes, I know to early to tell and too many what, if's or buts lol.... but yea know! :hungry:

But that's typical of steelbook releases. You get a set that match and then a new film or TV series comes out at some later point and they don't even bother to match them.

I got series9 when it came out so I'm beyond happy that they're starting from series1 !! Beautiful steelbook! I'd been waiting a long time to buy the Blu rays for Doctor Who. I'm so glad i waited until steelbooks were announced!

The only way to do these correctly is have a different artist for each Doctor

There's no way they can make every single one match when it's a long running series so the best thing to do is have small bursts of matching Steelbooks which reflect the current Doctors run in style and tone...even his personality.