Apr 12, 2009
USA
To launch Black Friday, 11/28/2014
Live 12pm UK time – 10% OFF Black Friday only
Purchase links:

Zavvi
du.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I might go for this. The film was just 'alright' but if the planned shared universe pans out to be pretty decent I fear I might kick myself down the line for not grabbing it when I had the chance

Reactions: jonnie123
I saw this on an extended lunch break at work :)
It's not going to change cinema but I still enjoyed it, nice to see an attempt at something different.
I'll be getting a copy & as people say with being a Universal release I expect it to be a quality steel.

Yeah I have to agree with people mentioning the shared universe thing. I havent seen it but I'm getting it for that reason

You don't want to see future films getting better and end up kicking yourself for not collecting the first film when you had the chance. Who knows this could be a big thing.

It's a gamble but then again most steelbooks are these days.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Missed this at the cinema, but I'm quite the fan of Luke Evans. Don't know if I want the Steelbook but will definitely pick up the amaray

I enjoyed the film, it is what it is and Gothic horror is isn't very common in the the movies these days.
As for the steelbook, i like the back & the interior but the front is very boring and uninspired. It would work better if it had Dracula's armour chest piece as the main image.

Reactions: nicblue
Really nice art and knowing Universal a lovely finish, just a pity it's one of the worst films this year in fact of the last 10 years.

Annoys me that utter guff like this will get a stunning steelbook and Guardians Of The Galaxy gets a disgrace! :(

Reactions: rj531
Really, this gets a steelbook before Gone girl, Interstellar and Nightcrawler :meh:

Completely agree, I haven't seen this yet and as much as I like to switch off at times and watch over the top action and bullsh*t I just can't bring myself to watch this. It's looks absolutely terrible. I'm also hoping for nightcrawler, gone girl and interstellar to get steelbook releases. Also wanted blue ruin too

Reactions: T800kaz
Completely agree, I haven't seen this yet and as much as I like to switch off at times and watch over the top action and bullsh*t I just can't bring myself to watch this. It's looks absolutely terrible. I'm also hoping for nightcrawler, gone girl and interstellar to get steelbook releases. Also wanted blue ruin too
How can you say it looks "absolutely terrible" when you say you haven't actually watched it!

At least watch the film before slagging it off!

Last edited:
How can you say it looks "absolutely terrible" when you say you haven't actually watched it!

At least watch the film before slagging it off!

Haha... Are you kidding? I said "it looks terrible" not "it is terrible". Strangely enough I like to sometimes watch a trailer to see what a film is about or if it looks any good and in this case the trailer was poor for me.
Therefore I don't want to see the film, fair enough some trailers are bad and the film turns out ok and vice versa.
I also don't like to listen to critics and like to see a film for myself, I also love Dracula/ vampire films but this just ain't doing it for me, not a massive fan of the lead guy either.
One day I may watch it and possibly enjoy it but It winds me up that better films do not get steelbook releases.
If you see any of my other previous posts over the last year and half you will see im not someone to just slag off stuff for the fun of it but mostly for films I have actually seen.
Your comment about watch a film before slagging it off don't really apply to what I said. It's not like I dissected the whole film, I went by the trailer which is what I'm allowed to do, it's the point of a trailer, to help you see if it looks good or crap.

^^^ Please excuse some comments… a few members here are upset their favourite arthouse movie only 3 ppl saw at the cinema is not (currently) getting a steel book release. Its understandable. :cigar:

Indeed... i believe the technical term for thier dissapointment is “Butthurt” LOL :smuggrin:

Not sure if that was aimed at me or not but the films I mentioned are not arthouse! Not at all. I've read your posts before and you have said simular things when a trailer has been released or about a film you don't want to see. Not trying to create a row with you but wasn't sure if that was aimed at me.