Apr 12, 2009
USA
To launch Black Friday, 11/28/2014
Live 12pm UK time – 10% OFF Black Friday only
Purchase links:

Zavvi
du.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the film was very poor, so I can't see much demand for this steelbook.

Apparently it was meant to be the beginning of a shared monster universe by Universal. I can't help but feel that they are going to mismanage all their horror icons.

Well I have seen it and it's utter w*nk! Makes Van Helsing look Oscar worthy lol. Art on the steels quite nice though, but that doesn't save it lol.
Is it like van helsing then?
I loved that film. Old Kate whatsherface still does it for me.
Know what I mean. Nudge nudge. Wink wink. [emoji2][emoji106]

Not sure if that was aimed at me or not but the films I mentioned are not arthouse! Not at all. I've read your posts before and you have said simular things when a trailer has been released or about a film you don't want to see. Not trying to create a row with you but wasn't sure if that was aimed at me.

not jus u i was referring to a bunch of posts in this thread in general, also generalising about the films ppl were unhappy about which not got a steelbook announcement yet... of course a movie like interstellar is not arthouse... generalising lol ....but coming in and hating on a movie itself (rather than artwork for example) will probably backfire as every movie, no matter how badly reviewed, will always have its fans ...but yeah, i dont really post in threads for movies i'm not interested in anymore :censored:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Is it like van helsing then?
I loved that film. Old Kate whatsherface still does it for me.
Know what I mean. Nudge nudge. Wink wink. [emoji2][emoji106]
Lmao god no! It's worse. Pseudo historical movie with supernatural touches. Van Helsing was a great laugh, this is just laughably bad. Mmmmmm Kate!!!!

Reactions: DodgyDave
not jus u i was referring to a bunch of posts in this thread in general, also generalising about the films ppl were unhappy about which not got a steelbook announcement yet... of course a movie like interstellar is not arthouse... generalising lol ....but coming in and hating on a movie itself (rather than artwork for example) will probably backfire as every movie, no matter how badly reviewed, will always have its fans ...but yeah, i dont really post in threads for movies i'm not interested in anymore :censored:

To be honest I didn't think this was going to get love anyway so I was surprised to see people posting "will be getting this" or whatever, the art is good I agree on that. I thought it might be a younger generation possibly into this like I was into the mummy when I was younger and cheese action films like that. Actually I would watch the first mummy again saying that lol still a terrible film tho lol

Reactions: SaberTooth
Looked interesting but after reading the posts about the movie itself, unsure now.

Might wait till the price drops and then buy just for the steelbook

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it might be a younger generation possibly into this like I was into the mummy when I was younger and cheese action films like that. Actually I would watch the first mummy again saying that lol still a terrible film tho lol

The Mummy was a perfectly good film if you ask me, no need to sound so embarrassed! I think if they get the humour right then this type of film can work well.

I, Frankenstein was an abomination for all the wrong reasons though...

To be honest I didn't think this was going to get love anyway so I was surprised to see people posting "will be getting this" or whatever, the art is good I agree on that. I thought it might be a younger generation possibly into this like I was into the mummy when I was younger and cheese action films like that. Actually I would watch the first mummy again saying that lol still a terrible film tho lol

The Mummy is a great film. It has everything you want in a blockbuster movie.

The Mummy was a perfectly good film if you ask me, no need to sound so embarrassed! I think if they get the humour right then this type of film can work well.

I, Frankenstein was an abomination for all the wrong reasons though...

I haven't seen I, Frankenstein yet but that trailer to me was similar to the Dracula untold trailer and I just thought no! Even though I usually love a film like this they just looked terrible on the trailer. I will give this ago one day tho, it does look better then I, Frankestein.

Even Brendan Fraser! Lol

It's the only film I've ever liked him in to be honest.
To be fair I've been thinking about it since that post and could easily watch it again. I used to have it on VHS and the picture just got worse and worse after viewing it 100 times and rewinding it lol.

I remember liking the 2nd too at the time but Ive only seen that once I think and can't really remember it.

Me too. The Mummy works in the same way the first Indy film works = adventure, humour et al . . .

I, Frankenstein - still haven't watched; I understand it has some decent sepcial effects but is just so-so as a film - I indulged myself 'cause I liked the Italian steel, oh yeah, and Uncle Bill is in it; but apparently just to pay the rent - don't think I'll be doing that again!