Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel your pain @nkb32, I really do mate!

But why not treat yourself to the Z Zbox?

I've no experience with Z Boxes of the past, but the Dredd one actually represents pretty good value.
The Dredd badge goes for £40 and the Keyring £9!
When you factor in the Underbelly comic, which is long since sold out, that goes for upwards of £20 on auction sites, plus the £25 for the steelbook, the bundle actually represents pretty good value for money.

Something to consider, I guess? :)

we are all here for the steel, as was stated in another reply, we all waited with anticipation for this release. only for zavvi to pull these stunts right at the last minute.

it went from being 17.99 standalone, which is no longer even an option... to 24.99 with the leftover rubbish from zbox. to £42.99 with all rubbish included. seeing as 95percent of people are only interested in the steelbook, i would say £42.99 is a very bad deal, because you have spent a whopping TWENTY FIVE POUNDS more than you originally intended to spend. that could be money spent on another premium title for your collection, or two catalogue releases. you only think its a good deal because of the hard-sell tactics employed by zavvi which leave you feeling desperate to purchase in case you miss out.

the real question is when you woke up this morning did you think to yourself ''i really want a dredd keyring and comic'' ?

I feel like a numpty saying it but I actually like the look of the z box, I've been after a replica Dredd badge for a while (I assume it's 'life sized') and the variant comic will join my other editions so for me that's 2 items I like as well as the steel and the bonus keychain, so I've eaten a large slice of humble pie and ordered the steelbook/z box bundle...I know I'm playing right into their hands and I feel dirty doing do but sod it, it's a one off...

Reactions: Scary Hair
I'm glad I have the Mondo X Steelbook on order

The Zbox I have no interest in getting I just want the Steelbook itself

They really should keep the steelbooks seperate from the Zbox
If they want do a deal buy both to get a special offer as in a all in one package

That way those who just want the Steelbook are not stuck with having to order the Zbox and those that want the Zbox get a discount by ordering both

There is no way this is sold out in less than 1 hour

I will wait to see in next few weeks if this come back available to order or just before or after release date
No way I'm paying €60.55 Euro and ordering a Zbox combo just so I can get the Steelbook not in a million years and even if I was loaded with cash I would not pay that

Last edited:
They really should keep the steelbooks seperate from the Zbox
If they want do a deal buy both to get a special offer as in a all in one package

i agree, this would be the fair (and right) way to do it. just offer a discount for those who put a zbox in the basket with the steel. everyone wins.

at the moment, the zboxes are practically holding the steelbooks hostage

I have caved my first z box YES I NEED the comic and badge :ohno: . A life size Urban would not go amiss eaither :hungry: .

Wish some numpty at Zavvi whould have put what was in the box other than cops o_O. Could have been anything from Dixon Of Dock Green :cautious: To Mills and Sumerset :woot: back to Starskey and Hutch :wow:Over to True Detective :thumbs: .

Have orded seprate not that thrilled at paying out a big hit in one only to save 3 quid :sorry: .

Reactions: Noodles
we are all here for the steel, as was stated in another reply, we all waited with anticipation for this release. only for zavvi to pull these stunts right at the last minute.

it went from being 17.99 standalone, which is no longer even an option... to 24.99 with the leftover rubbish from zbox. to £42.99 with all rubbish included. seeing as 95percent of people are only interested in the steelbook, i would say £42.99 is a very bad deal, because you have spent a whopping TWENTY FIVE POUNDS more than you originally intended to spend. that could be money spent on another premium title for your collection, or two catalogue releases. you only think its a good deal because of the hard-sell tactics employed by zavvi which leave you feeling desperate to purchase in case you miss out.

the real question is when you woke up this morning did you think to yourself ''i really want a dredd keyring and comic'' ?

Some folks are indeed only interested in the Steel or Steel and replica keychain(like me). I did not have the chance to pre-order this at all because I was working on a different project offline, so I will have to catch it when it comes back in stock. There are 1000's of enthusiasts who also collect other things like replicas, comics, figures etc and buy from dozens of popular sites on the net. All retailers cross-sell-and bundle across merchandise categories/franchises-oldest retail strategy in book to leverage margin and build customer bases for different product lines. They cannot "put all of their eggs in one basket". Selling a variety of merch also helps build studio relationships, licensing relationships etc, which may inadvertently lead to more exclusive opportunities for any retailer. Customers always can vote with wallets and simply not buy-but there is also room for customers interested in more than 1 product as well. For anyone that missed it, good luck once it comes back in stock due to cancellations/payment issues.

Last edited:
I also woke to find that the standalone Steel is 'sold out'. Well done to all who
Brought in to this business model. You have set a president, and it worked for the
cheeky chappies at Zavvi. We can all look forward to this becoming normal
Practice for many titles of significant interest in the Future. Congratulations Zavvi.

You can buy the Dredd badge keyring on it's own, a quick google search will bring it up. Zavvi will be laughing at the number of zboxes they are shifting!

As for the zbox business model, we'll buy the steelbooks from other countries where we can.

Just looking g at the actual small print there for the Z Box.

'You will be charged for all 3 items once the Zbox ships' (in June-steelbook TBA) so you will get the junk before the steel so there goes the idea of cancelling the Zbox down the road.

What are the 3 items they are talking about? I thought it was all one package??

They say then 'you will receive £40 worth of stuff each month' for your buck. Even though they are charging £43 for this one. They are openly admitting themselves that it's a rip off :D

'You will be charged for all 3 items once the Zbox ships' (in June-steelbook TBA) so you will get the junk before the steel so there goes the idea of cancelling the Zbox down the road.

They say then 'you will receive £40 worth of stuff each month' for your buck. Even though they are charging £43 for this one. They are openly admitting themselves that it's a rip off :D
Is the £43 not for the SteelBook and the Zbox though, not just the Zbox?

That is why I have orded separately . So I pay for the box in June 19.99, then the steel August 24.99 meaning 45 quid total.

Together You pay for the steel and the Z box when the Z box shipps in June . Then you get the steel August . 43 quid total in June .

The 3 items read as being the Keychain Steel and z box . How Zavvi put it trys to make it more desirable to order both .

Who knows what goes through Zavvi's heads :banghead:.