Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much clearer I can make it but here goes
The bundle includes:
Dredd Steelbook
Key chain
Badge
Comic
Miscellaneous shite

All of the above for £38 if you combine your order with another steelbook (eg Desperado or Bugs Life or Incredible or Lockout or quite a few others) and use code BANK10.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I don't know how much clearer I can make it but here goes
The bundle includes:
Dredd Steelbook
Key chain
Badge
Comic
Miscellaneous shite

All of the above for £38 if you combine your order with another steelbook (eg Desperado or Bugs Life or Incredible or Lockout or quite a few others) and use code BANK10.

I think we all know what it includes, what the sore point is is that most people just want the Steelbook and expected it to go live with the same price as EIV's other titles (The Crow, Gangs Of New York etc..)

The addition of collectible items that only a hand full of people actually want, to try and justify a price hike is becoming a pain in the ass IMO.

I'm sorry, but no matter how many times you say it, I can't pay €53+ for this.

And adding a code to include another item I don't really want (and spend more with Zavvi at the same time) to make it sound like a discount isn't something that appeals to me either I'm afraid. You may think it's a good deal but I have to say I disagree.

€53+ for a UK Dredd Blu ray!! Ludicrous!

Just checked and it is for both.

Maybe they should keep the two separate but retailers have been cross-selling for as long as I can remember.

In all my years collecting Steelbooks, I can't think of another company that 'cross-sells' Steelbooks with other items. Additional goodies yes-that's different (Kimchi, Nova etc...) but not this nonsense.

Last edited:
I think we all know what it includes, what the sore point is is that most people just want the Steelbook and expected it to go live with the same price as EIV's other titles (The Crow, Gangs Of New York etc..)

The addition of collectible items that only a hand full of people actually want, to try and justify a price hike is becoming a pain in the ass IMO.

I'm sorry, but no matter how many times you say it, I can't pay €53+ for this.

And adding a code to include another item I don't really want (and spend more with Zavvi at the same time) to make it sound like a discount isn't something that appeals to me either I'm afraid. You may think it's a good deal but I have to say I disagree.

€53+ for a UK Dredd Blu ray!! Ludicrous!

In all my years collecting Steelbooks, I can't think of another company that 'cross-sells' Steelbooks with other items. Additional goodies yes-that's different (Kimchi, Nova etc...) but not this nonsense.
I generally feel that the Zbox is a pile of shite
But
I don't understand your argument. You consider some postcards and trading cards and cardboard additional goodies worth paying extra for quite happily
Yet
When there is Dredd related goodies like a key chain, badge and comic - all Dredd relevant merchandise you are reluctant to pay extra for these goodies.
Obviously it's your choice not to buy it but the reasons don't make sense.

The answer is to not get hyped up. This thread has attracted the most traffic since Dredd was first announced in December. Zavvi have capitalised on it and to be fair I don't blame them. Business is business.

Reactions: snooloui
The answer is to not get hyped up. This thread has attracted the most traffic since Dredd was first announced in December. Zavvi have capitalised on it and to be fair I don't blame them. Business is business.
I have made an complaint to Zavvi Directly
I told them lot of customers are angry with these Zbox/Steelbook releases

I asked them to stop doing this and keep them separate
Customers who want to order a steelbook should not be left with only option of having to purchase a Zbox to get a steelbook

I asked them to keep them separate from each other
If a customer wants to order the steelbook on its own
All stock should be allocated to the steelbook alone

Its very simple Zavvi need to do the following
If you want the Zbox order it
If you want the steelbook order it
If you want both order both together
If Zavvi want offer a discount to order both then this can be an option to get sales

All Steelbook Stock should be available to order on its own

Last edited:
I wonder if the US disc has the same horrid transfer that we have, and I wonder if the reason is because the disc has 2 versions of the film on it.

so is quite a bad transfer @CasuallyDressed on the uk one then?
if so glad i'd passed on this

so according @Scary Hair post the others don't have 3d and 2d on one disc thats nice to know i wonder if they have a better transfer as a result?

basil :thumbs:

ah right is the french one still available @Scary Hair don't want a half arsed job stuck on 1 disc sort of wrecks the point of a good film.
glad you cleared up the information at least i know what i should be looking for now :thumbs:

cheers
basil :thumbs:

Best 3D transfer-France but only 5.1 Audio
US 3D disc has 7.1 audio but inferior transfer
Japan and French disc best 2D transfer but only Japan has 7.1 audio.

Reactions: bigfub