Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release: 10 August, 2015
Purchase: Dredd 3D or Zbox/Dredd Combo
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 2,500 only.
Per various responses to customers, key chains are being mailed separately.

dredd1.jpg

1.JPG 2.JPG dreddchain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ah right is the french one still available @Scary Hair don't want a half arsed job stuck on 1 disc sort of wrecks the point of a good film.
glad you cleared up the information at least i know what i should be looking for now :thumbs:

cheers
basil :thumbs:

Yes the French3D Dredd tin is still available here, it has been cheaper occassionally than it is now

Best 3D transfer-France but only 5.1 Audio
US 3D disc has 7.1 audio but inferior transfer
Japan and French disc best 2D transfer but only Japan has 7.1 audio.

so for my set up is looking like the french one then as have 3d tv and a 5.1 set up but also like to watch 2d as well cool beans:D

cheers @StifflersDad @Scary Hair @CasuallyDressed and @jammyone for sorting me out the correct info that has helped immensely im now going looking :D

ordered the french dredd at £21.50 delivered for those wondering, much cheaper than the zavvi one and the better film quality which is where it counts to me as well :D

thanks guys and girls

Reactions: Numanoid
I generally feel that the Zbox is a pile of shite
But
I don't understand your argument. You consider some postcards and trading cards and cardboard additional goodies worth paying extra for quite happily
Yet
When there is Dredd related goodies like a key chain, badge and comic - all Dredd relevant merchandise you are reluctant to pay extra for these goodies.
Obviously it's your choice not to buy it but the reasons don't make sense.
Don't want to keep going off topic and detracting from the steelbook, but I'll put it like this one last time....

Nova or Kimchi (or whoever) announces a new Dredd steelbook. The forum goes crazy in anticipation. Come release day everyone is sitting around their computers. All of a sudden the retailer announces 'here it is, but we're going to be including some other items that we want to get rid of. And instead of the usual $35-$40 price, it's now going to be $75-$80!!!'

You're missing the overall picture. Asian retaillers do add extra items at extra cost to certain releases. And yes, we're happy to pay it. And the extra goodies are usually of a quality nature/finish. But we've never seen it done like this. We don't even know what the rest of the Zbox contains before we hand over €50+ Euro.

I know it's our choice to buy at the end of the day. But it's the way Zavvi go about things aswell. It's looking like the reason this was delayed 6 months was to include these stupid extras.

Anyway, I feel strongly about this. I'm glad some others do also. Now, back on topic.......

on the br site is listed as a digipack in the title but metalpack at the bottom

oh well be my first one whatever it is

It's a digipack inside quite a huge metal tin. The gloss finish and embossing on it is awesome BUT it is very easily damaged particularly with the shite packaging that Amazon. Fr send it in! I went through 4 copies and each one had some imperfections.

Wondering whether I should cancel mine and go for the french steeltin considering the transfer is superior. It's also about the film you know, not just the packaging !

It's a digipack inside quite a huge metal tin. The gloss finish and embossing on it is awesome BUT it is very easily damaged particularly with the shite packaging that Amazon. Fr send it in! I went through 4 copies and each one had some imperfections.
I was the same. In the end I accepted one that had a small paint chip on it as I believed this was as good as it was going to get.

Reactions: StifflersDad
I didn't buy the uk release because I'd heard that the pq wasn't great, amazon France had a sale on the tin a couple of months ago and I picked it up for £16.50 delivered,had a couple of dings in the tin though. Watched the 3D disc and I thought it looked awesome:) I have an order in for this steelbook and I'm hoping that it's all glossed up, and I plan to put the french discs in it, really like the artwork for this steelbook so I'm looking forward to it. I can't comment on the pq for the UK disc because I think I rented the dvd (rather than BD) when it came out.. all I can say is that I love the PQ on the french discs and I love the look of this steel..so putting them together to make the best version for me.

Better be gloss:naughty: as we've all waited a long time for this:drool:

I find the US 3D disc quite acceptable. The French one, if I remember correctly, has subtitles that appear automatically unless you switch them off. Not a big deal, but those are the little things that annoy me (like DVDs and blu rays that won't even take you to the menu until you've chosen a language).

As for this steelbook, I look forward to seeing some photos. I can see the attraction; the Japanese steelbook is expensive (Region A I believe and no 3D disc), the Dutch metalpak and French tin may not appeal to 'steelbook only' collectors. But it seems to me Zavvi are thinking 'how can we make as much money as possible out of this?'.

No doubt there will be some in stock after the release date - look at the Incredibles. Out of stock for months...now freely available.

Reactions: BluSteel2012