Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 568
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone .. with gmail few months ago I clicked on the unsubscribe button by mistake , so I cant get their e- mail offers, etc. ( as Mega Monday for example ) .. has happened to someone who can help me ?

Hello everyone .. with gmail few months ago I clicked on the unsubscribe button by mistake , so I cant get their e- mail offers, etc. ( as Mega Monday for example ) .. has happened to someone who can help me ?
Just go to Home page and scroll down to the bottom and fill your email in the box.
View attachment 159340
It's not that simple. When you've unsubscribed from their mailing list, doing that again does nothing.
I tried contacting their support and requested to be re-added 3 times, each time they said they would forward my message on so that I was re-added, each time they never bothered.

In the end, I had to re-sign up using a different email address, then setup a forwarder from that to my normal email.

Has anyone had any problems with zavvi and non deliveries? I have four orders not show up, two were sent on 29th and two on 30th and they still havent arrived!

I have spoken to my postie and everything that has been down in depot has been delivered and there is nothing down there for me. He is at my door with zavvi boxes nearly every other day and said it's been a quiet couple of weeks for my address and he has only posted two zavvi boxes through my door.

The two ive received were Jurassic park 3 and Bugs life. I'm just a bit concerned they will refuse to deliver to my address, especially as it's four orders that are missing. I have logged a complaint with Royal mail but they are unable to investigate until the 20th May.

Just a bit confused about how four orders could just go missing. My main concern is OZ as I dont want this to go oos, so may have to buy it now.

It's not that simple. When you've unsubscribed from their mailing list, doing that again does nothing.
I tried contacting their support and requested to be re-added 3 times, each time they said they would forward my message on so that I was re-added, each time they never bothered.

In the end, I had to re-sign up using a different email address, then setup a forwarder from that to my normal email.
That's strange as I recently added an email address that way and I get the notifications through on that as well as my main one.

I think zavvi has the worst customer service on the planet.
I so hate those copy/paste messages that we all get from them.

I received two damaged steelbooks for which I've spent 27.5€. I wrote to zavvi and asked for a partial refund.
Since we haven't come to an agreement (they've told me 15% refund is the most they can do, even though I've got 25% multiple times and I know some people got even more), they told me to send damaged steelbooks back to them and they'll refund me 15% of the steelbooks price for postage cost (which I have to pay 12€ for). I've told them that I won't do that and still demanded a partial refund.
The worst thing about it is that I have to wait 24 hours or more to get a response.

Any similar experiences from zavvi from any of you here? What conclusion have you gotten to?

I am close to the conclusion they are in trouble, with many more problems that usual and particularly the recent Sleepy hollow mess.

They do have THE worst customer service and we have never got more than 10% partials?

Has anyone had any problems with zavvi and non deliveries? I have four orders not show up, two were sent on 29th and two on 30th and they still havent arrived!

I have spoken to my postie and everything that has been down in depot has been delivered and there is nothing down there for me. He is at my door with zavvi boxes nearly every other day and said it's been a quiet couple of weeks for my address and he has only posted two zavvi boxes through my door.

The two ive received were Jurassic park 3 and Bugs life. I'm just a bit concerned they will refuse to deliver to my address, especially as it's four orders that are missing. I have logged a complaint with Royal mail but they are unable to investigate until the 20th May.

Just a bit confused about how four orders could just go missing. My main concern is OZ as I dont want this to go oos, so may have to buy it now.
Feel for you - recently had JURASSIC PARK late delivery - it was posted on the 30/4/15 and didn't arrive until the 11/5/15.
J.P. 2 and 3 posted on the same day and both arrived on the 2/5/15.

Does zavvi not offer free returns anymore as I need to send back 2 steelbooks via collect plus but they want £3.49 from me to do so. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

emailed zavvi's feedback email 4 times in 10 days with pics of my spine slashed commando steelbooks-still not heard anything-I had one reply asking me to upload the pictures on the website page even after I explained to them it wasn't working. I will have to charge back on my card i feel...

Zavvi customer service=waste of my time & energy

was chasing zavvi for six weeks after not recieving the promised special discount for ordering all 6 of these.. every two weeks they would fob me off.. saying they are waiting for the codes from another dept.. ignoring my question of what the discount even was (despite me reading here it was some crap £5 off steelbooks nobody really wanted) was about to send another email to them and noticed they had changed the message to "completed" LOL terrrible customer service as we all know. anyway lets hope indeed the number 7 is at least on the spine of the latest movie to match in

In my experience, on the rare occasion that I receive a damaged steelbook, I do the following:-

- Log into Order History to find the item in question (I realise this is a hassle particularly if like me you have pages of past orders and you have to go through other orders to find the one you are looking for).

- Write a message explaining the problem. As has been pointed out previously by Jack Regan, don't bother with photos if it's a problem and just write that there's something wrong with your camera.

- Within a couple of days you should receive 2 email replies:-
- (1) Collect Plus returns label which in my experience is free postage.
- (2) Authorisation Number with details of why the return - this second paper will have another address at the bottom right hand corner used for paid for unwanted returns.

- Print both pages and include the one with the A.N. inside the package and tape or Pritt the cut-out Collect Plus paper to the outside.

- Take item to your local Collect Plus and make sure to retain the receipt that they will give you, just in case.

- They should receive it in 3-5 days and refund you or send you a replacement if in stock.

was chasing zavvi for six weeks after not recieving the promised special discount for ordering all 6 of these.. every two weeks they would fob me off.. saying they are waiting for the codes from another dept.. ignoring my question of what the discount even was (despite me reading here it was some crap £5 off steelbooks nobody really wanted) was about to send another email to them and noticed they had changed the message to "completed" LOL terrrible customer service as we all know. anyway lets hope indeed the number 7 is at least on the spine of the latest movie to match in

I tried for a long while aswell but gave up trying.

At GBP 22.99 for 1 of 3,000 they can stick it you know where.

Apologies - that's a tad impolite.
What I meant to write was with reference to the GBP 5 "reward" promised to the loyal purchasers of FAST & FURIOUS 1 - 6 which apparently consisted of that amount off the totally unrelated to the franchise GET ON UP: THE JAMES BROWN STORY (this steelbook by the way the last time I looked was priced at GBP 7.99).
The question remains:- Did everybody that bought the first 6 steelbooks for almost GBP 80 purchase "Get On Up" for GBP 9.99 and if not where is their "reward"?
I would suggest that any discount or reward should be applied to this overpriced offering - FAST & FURIOUS 7 - and we should not have to pay GBP 22.99 for it but GBP 15.99 or GBP 17.99 at most!

Last edited:
And so begins the arduous task of getting a replacement The Incredibles.

Having informed them of the damage (and telling them I won't be uploading a picture, and I don't want a discount), requesting a replacement be sent without delay, and for a returns label I've received the standard email reply about uploading a picture and seeing what they can do for me.

I'll tell you what you could do Zavvi, you could send a replacement straight away and then dutifully wait for my damaged one to get back to you. You know, like Amazon do.

The whole sending them a message, waiting 2 days for a (useless) reply, replying to that message, waiting another 2 days for another reply before hopefully getting what I'm legally entitled to is so time consuming and pointless.

Their customer service and returns process is just so convoluted and annoying.

Time and again Zavvi get a lot of flack over issues that really aren't their fault, and I've stuck up for them. But, as I've always said, when things like this happen they're an absolute nightmare. You know, rather than them being known as 'the home of steelbooks', I'd rather we could (on this forum) refer to them as 'the home of customer service'. If they could combine Amazon's customer care and packaging, and their own choice of steelbooks they'd be the best online retailer in the UK.

Received Lethal Weapon today damaged.

Received Gravity the other day, damaged.

Received Training Day before that, damaged.

Soooo sick and tired of Zavvi's awful non-existant quality control.

Damn Zavvi. They charged my Zbox steelbook bundle, shipped the zbox and cancelled the steelbook. Now they claim it was cancelled due to an unresolved payment issue.

The answer is to not get hyped up. This thread has attracted the most traffic since Dredd was first announced in December. Zavvi have capitalised on it and to be fair I don't blame them. Business is business.
It's also caused record number of complaints to Trading Standards. Had a 2 hour meeting with them this afternoon. Half of which was on Zavvi and some of their actually illegal practices. TS know all about them.