Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 572
Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect @virkia you voice your opinion's and rightly so and yet when other's do you call it 'Bitching'....
I felt that something positive needed to be said after 240 odd pages of mostly negative comments and because I myself have never had a bad experience with Zavvi and can't empathise with those that have had so it was no more than my duty to attempt to restore some balance to the topic.

why not send photos. everytime I have refund or new steel has been sent.

just wondering ?

Because it infringes your rights.

Zavvi are insisting on this, yet don't have a leg to stand on legally - but, should you fall in with their demands you are voluntarily surrendering your rights.
In short, when buying via mail order/internet, you are under no obligation to PROVE that an item is damaged before the seller will accept the item back for exchange or refund.

So, do NOT send photos is the best advice.

@virkia I respect your opinion, and you are very fortunate to have had 100% positive experience with Zavvi, and long may it continue, but you talk about Zavvi and people are more than entitled to talk about PLAY.com etc, I think that the negative reaction that this particular Steelbook is getting is because the original release wasn't a particular hit, whereas most of the other's which you mention above were, Star Trek, Thor, Captain America, Fight Club etc all sold out first time round and have a much bigger fan base....

And HMV are bringing us £14.99 release's and they are new titles....

It doesn't explain however the p - - - - - offering 39 copies at almost GBP 40 or the other offering 10 unless the 5 per customer is untrue or these people work for Zavvi.

I can't find any listing for this you have mentioned, probably removed by ebay due to the 30day rule violation.

But if anyone did order 39 copies, I'm sure your bosses will have made sure to cancel the buyers orders...:D

Zavvi are insisting on this, yet don't have a leg to stand on legally - but, should you fall in with their demands you are voluntarily surrendering your rights.
In short, when buying via mail order/internet, you are under no obligation to PROVE that an item is damaged before the seller will accept the item back for exchange or refund.

I maybe a bit slow but still do not understand. what rights am I surrending.

Im not legally obligated to stop if I see someone beside the road, but I may do so to help someone out.

so if I help zavvi and myself by sending photos, why not.

and believe me, I'm not zavvi fan. their weird post costs have literally cost me hundrets of euros...you may find my rant on this thread or somewhere else on this site...

I don't see any issue in sending photo's, I have found it makes the return process much quicker, as if you don't, you get the run around and will just delay any return.

Obviously, not everyone can take photos, but if it is easy for you to do, just do it.

Oh and a tip when you photo any damage, make sure you try and get a close up and if it is a scratch, angle the item so the sun or light reflects off it, as it will highlight it making it look worse, same for dents, light coming from a shallow angle will highlight any dent , no matter how small. always worked for me.

I don't see any issue in sending photo's, I have found it makes the return process much quicker, as if you don't, you get the run around and will just delay any return.

Obviously, not everyone can take photos, but if it is easy for you to do, just do it.

Oh and a tip when you photo any damage, make sure you try and get a close up and if it is a scratch, angle the item so the sun or light reflects off it, as it will highlight it making it look worse, same for dents, light coming from a shallow angle will highlight any dent , no matter how small. always worked for me.

But you seem not to understand.

You do NOT have to do this. It is NOT a legal requirement - you are just playing along with rules made up by Zavvi to make it more difficult for you to return anything.

This is how it should work:

1. You contact them to say you have received a damaged item.

2. They write back, apologize profusely,ask if you would like a replacement or refund, and give you a link to print off the returns label.
End of story.

All the rest is to make you jump through hoops - either way you get the run around; but, if everyone would just stop being daft and compliant enough to jump through the hoops they want you to in order to make a return, then the return process would be so much easier.

In what way is it easier to take photos and have to ensure they show the damage clearly, then upload them, and then wait again for the them to come back again, and often offer a discount, or if you're lucky a returns label link first time??

Ask yourself, is this easier? NO!

Should you have to do this? emphatically NO?!

Logic, and the law dictates that no-one has to, nor should send photos.

This is how it works if you don't send photos.

1. Contact them, say I have a damaged item, and I cannot send photos.

2. They write back and say please send photos.

3. You write back and say I cannot as I do not have a camera, or it is broken, and I am under no legal obligation to do so anyway.

4. They send you a returns label.

If everyone did this, then it would become a simpler process that cut out half of this; nonetheless, it is still easier than sending photos - and you put the buggers in their place to boot!

Last edited:
Reactions: leelee17
But you seem not to understand.

You do NOT have to do this. It is NOT a legal requirement - you are just playing along with rules made up by Zavvi to make it more difficult for you to return anything.

This is how it should work:

1. You contact them to say you have received a damaged item.

2. They write back, apologize profusely,ask if you would like a replacement or refund, and give you a link to print off the returns label.
End of story.

All the rest is to make you jump through hoops - either way you get the run around; but, if everyone would just stop being daft and compliant enough to jump through the hoops they want you to in order to make a return, then the return process would be so much easier.

In what way is it easier to take photos and have to ensure they show the damage clearly, then upload them, and then wait again for the them to come back again, and often offer a discount, or if you're lucky a returns label link first time??

Ask yourself, is this easier? NO!

Should you have to do this? emphatically NO?!

Logic, and the law dictates that no-one has to, nor should send photos.

This is how it works if you don't send photos.

1. Contact them, say I have a damaged item, and I cannot send photos.

2. They write back and say please send photos.

3. You write back and say I cannot as I do not have a camera, or it is broken, and I am under no legal obligation to do so anyway.

4. They send you a returns label.

If everyone did this, then it would become a simpler process that cut out half of this; nonetheless, it is still easier than sending photos - and you put the buggers in their place to boot!

Amazon & Base.com don't ask for photo proof-they send out replacements as soon as you email them and send returns labels at the same time

Zavvi's returns would be such a pain if the upload actually worked-or was on the page when asking for returns approval

legally speaking any item arriving from zavvi damaged either requires a return or a refund-without question;it is down to the supplier to ensure goods paid for arrive in the same condition they were intially purchased or received by the seller-unless the seller has indicated that there is a fault or defect and highlighted this to the buyer

basic purchasing law...
(CIPS Level 4-pass with credit-thank you!)

Last edited:
I can't find any listing for this you have mentioned, probably removed by ebay due to the 30day rule violation.

But if anyone did order 39 copies, I'm sure your bosses will have made sure to cancel the buyers orders...:D
I believe there's a comedian in the house...
You clearly didn't look very hard for the two listings for BIG HERO 6 STEELBOOK on eBay that I mentioned.
They are:-
- Item number 141650371647 - 39 offered - total for each GBP 38.33 including p&p
- Item number 291442718735 - 10 offered - total for each GBP 35.95 including p&p
By the way I don't have a boss so don't have to answer to anybody...
P.S. No thirty day violation if the release is on the 25th May.

Last edited:
@virkia I respect your opinion, and you are very fortunate to have had 100% positive experience with Zavvi, and long may it continue, but you talk about Zavvi and people are more than entitled to talk about PLAY.com etc, I think that the negative reaction that this particular Steelbook is getting is because the original release wasn't a particular hit, whereas most of the other's which you mention above were, Star Trek, Thor, Captain America, Fight Club etc all sold out first time round and have a much bigger fan base....

And HMV are bringing us £14.99 release's and they are new titles....
I don't get to HMV much these days as all the "local" branches have been closed down and when I do go I go to the Oxford Street branch to pick up their exclusive steelbooks.
Pray tell which steelbooks are available to pre-order from HMV at GBP 14.99.
Thanking you in advance for this information

I don't get to HMV much these days as all the "local" branches have been closed down and when I do go I go to the Oxford Street branch to pick up their exclusive steelbooks.
Pray tell which steelbooks are available to pre-order from HMV at GBP 14.99.
Thanking you in advance for this information
I was referring to Nightcrawler, Riddick, Red2, Fury etc all of which have been £14.99, at my local HMV (Middlesbrough)

Amazon & Base.com don't ask for photo proof-they send out replacements as soon as you email them and send returns labels at the same time

Zavvi's returns would be such a pain if the upload actually worked-or was on the page when asking for returns approval

legally speaking any item arriving from zavvi damaged either requires a return or a refund-without question;it is down to the supplier to ensure goods paid for arrive in the same condition they were intially purchased or received by the seller-unless the seller has indicated that their is a fault or defect and highlighted this to the buyer

basic purchasing law...
(CIPS Level 4-pass with credit-thank you!)

Hurrah!!!

Somebody who knows and appreciates what I'm talking about!!!!! :thumbs: :)

p.s. You can add Entertainment Store to the list of good 'uns.

Last edited:
oh my fu.k.

new another problem with zavvi.

few days ago I changed my visa number etc. added new visa as payment card. deleted the old one.

BUT the fuc...g shop do not understand. now they are sending me emails from old pending orders (made with old visa) that payment card is wrong....

there is no limit how I fu...g loathe this shop.

I have a charge to my debit card for €26.04 Euro by Zavvi
I don't have any orders for that amount
I have tripple checked all my existing and past orders even all canceled orders
There is no order in my whole history with zavvi for €26.04

????? What Zavvi at

Last edited:
it's true. if you change your payment card details you HAVE CHANGE THEM FOR EVERY ITEM YOU HAVE PRE-ORDERED.

that's the way to go.

canceled a nice amout of pre-orders.

FU Zavvi !

Hi All
Can some of you check your bank accounts and see if you have a pending transaction for €26.04 Euro
I been on to my bank already
I cant find any order for that amount in my whole order history from day one with Zavvi to Date

Do any others have their cards charged today for €26.04 Euro and if yes what was it for

I believe there's a comedian in the house...
You clearly didn't look very hard for the two listings for BIG HERO 6 STEELBOOK on eBay that I mentioned.
They are:-
- Item number 141650371647 - 39 offered - total for each GBP 38.33 including p&p
- Item number 291442718735 - 10 offered - total for each GBP 35.95 including p&p
By the way I don't have a boss so don't have to answer to anybody...
P.S. No thirty day violation if the release is on the 25th May.
Luckily, It seems I am indeed a comedian, many thanks for confirming, I do try.....:happy:

As for the 2 examples you provided, I thought you were referring to Ted as you posted this in the Ted thread, but netherless, those two sellers are not exactly 'selling' these, but just advertising, they aren't yet flying off the shelves, not a single sale from either yet.

But I can bet, if zavvis recent track record is anything to go by, these sellers will have there orders cancelled, and if zavvi had any sense, they would cancel the day before shipping, and really stuff the ebay sellers up the chuff.

I do recall a few years ago, when the Skyfall Steelbook was being sold by Amazon, one particular seller had 55 listed !!, and sold over 35 when Amazon cancelled all orders over 1. I remember the seller getting the inevitable negs, although surprisingly only around 2 or 3 negs after he had to cancel everyones orders....