Release date: October 13th, 2014
Purchase links: In store only
Price: £19.99
Group Buy: Click HERE < hosted by Naughtius Maximus

proof.jpg

image.jpg

eot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this steel. One of the better UK steelbooks in a long time. This was a great film as well! Nods to classic sci-fi movies but plenty of originality here as well. One of the best sci-fi films in recent times imo.

Got a response from HMV Customer Services last week to advise me that they have asked the store to put aside a mint copy for me so I can do an exchange with the damaged copy when I return. Let's see how that works out next week...

I can report that this worked fine, with a mint replacement copy ready and waiting for me when I went to pick up my reserved copy of Godzilla yesterday. Exchange made without question after showing them the damage hidden under the j-card. Well done, HMV!

Reactions: bigwednesday0
Just got round to opening mine, as I've been working away for a few days, and there's a massive dent on the back underneath the j-card! Now I'm about to go away for a 2-week holiday, so won't get a chance to exchange it until November! What chances there will be any left by then??? Wishing I had opened it in store now...

Did you grab any pics? I only ask because while browsing HDN and seeing the threads for the various editions, I've not seen a single post of damage which is pretty impressive! I'd go as far as saying it was pretty usual tbh.

This one was a blind buy for me. Nice steelbook and an enjoyable film. I also have the nova edition on the way now.

Did you grab any pics? I only ask because while browsing HDN and seeing the threads for the various editions, I've not seen a single post of damage which is pretty impressive! I'd go as far as saying it was pretty usual tbh.

Yes, as I sent a couple to HMV Customer Services asking them to arrange for a replacement copy to be put aside for me for when I returned (which they did, and the replacement is mint, I'm glad to say).
P1010947.JPG
P1010950.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: satanclaus
Well there was one store in the Outer Hebrides that had Edge of Tomorrow in stock for one day at £34.99 (I'm just kidding, like the small print on sofa and kitchen cabinet offers, how the sales price reflects the discount on the price at one of our stores on a certain day).

'Recommended Retail Price' is pretty meaningless these days.

I just got a sealed copy of this from The Entertainment Store's eBay shop. £14.99 seems a fair price for a new, sealed copy. Looking forward to seeing this film for the first time. I have heard it's great.