snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 1st, 2015
Purchase link: Ex_Machina
Price: £21.99
Notes: Embossed Front with Gloss Varnish Finish and Debossed Reverse. Limited to 2,000 copies.
Steelbook is not silver

11072619-1424269404-678753.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678814.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678707.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678702.jpg

11072619-1424269404-678758.jpg

In hand hidefninja.com exclusive pics:
Posted here 12:09pm EST, May 7 as received from Zavvi

cjgidi1431014896-jpg.158575

be2uwy1431014853-jpg.158576

fl3rah1431014804-jpg.158577

Last edited by a moderator:
Its out of Sock at DVD Store Italy at the moment limited to 800 copies
Its sign up to be notified if stock becomes available

They have this note on the website
Goggle translated
NOT 'STILL AVAILABLE DATE OUTPUT OF THIS PRODUCT. IF YOU BOOK NOW YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL WHEN THE DATA WILL 'AVAILABLE. THIS DISC AND 'USE ONLY WITH BLU-RAY Limited Edition 800 copies

It's not out of stock, it's up for preorder (button "acquista") but they haven't yet a confirmed release date

I am a sci fi nut and I love all the Terminator films. Like I said this film as not the type of films most people would call good.

Oh wow, that's interesting that you say that, because:

8BfH5Ks.jpg

vP9HKoP.jpg

Ih63Xwa.jpg

I loved it for what it was worth. No reason getting into a bickering contest. I just feel it was a good movie, but not something earth shattering like a few people on here are praising about. I would expect the Majority of Amercians to think this film was a snooze fest. Not everyone has to agree with what they feel is either an amazing film or a great film. Lots of great films I would only watch once. I don't think this film is going to get many repeat viewings. I still think it is great for the story they portrayed, but it was still a little on the shallow side all in all. Nothing wrong with that. Lets just enjoy this steel. Its amazing.

Another movie that I feel this way about is Snowpiercer. I loved it, but also felt it was slow and borring most the time. Great story but I feel that with a bigger budget could have been much better. I doubt I will watch it again although I feel it is a great film.

backpedal.gif

My advice to anyone thinking of picking this up, do it soon.

New listings on the bay are shooting up in price. I can't see sales slowing down anytime soon and it's anyone's guess where this is heading.

Reactions: howiesteed
My advice to anyone thinking of picking this up, do it soon.

New listings on the bay are shooting up in price. I can't see sales slowing down anytime soon and it's anyone's guess where this is heading.

You are f***ing mean mate! I was on the fence for days on end and now, after reading your comment, I bit the bullet the purchased it off the bay. Cost me 64€ incl.shipping to Germany - insane.... oh yeah, and thanks, can't wait to get it :cigar::rofl::whistle::thumbs:

Reactions: Starling
I'm so glad this movie did not deliver some B.S. twist ending. I kept expecting it though. I'm glad it just kinda took the logical path more or less. Stupid Hollywood has me trained into looking for twists endings so much that I kept thinking the whole time that they would reveal Oscar Isaac's character to be the android in the A.I. test the whole time. Ava was just a a red herring to throw the viewer and Domhnall Gleeson's character off while the real Oscar Isaac secretly watched it all from hidden cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm so glad this movie did not deliver some B.S. twist ending. I kept expecting it though. I'm glad it just kinda took the logical path more or less. Stupid Hollywood has me trained into looking for twists endings so much I kept thinking the whole time that they would reveal Oscar Isaac's character to be the android the whole time was the real A.I. test. Ava was just a a red herring to throw the viewer and Domhnall Gleeson's character off while the real Oscar Isaac secretly watched it all from hidden cameras.
Lol! I said that to the missus too when watching it! :D

Ended up dropping my copy when it was sitting on my shelf unopened... Pretty sure I put a little dent on it which I noticed after opening it...

Dammit.

Beautiful looking steel none the less, though. I guess my copy just has a bit of character to it now.

it is an amazing film by any standard through the eyes of somebody who recognises a good film when they see one. but im just going to go ahead and say it- its a british film, and many people, (especially americans) will not be open to a film that doesnt star americans, talking with an american accent, set in american locations and made in hollywood.

this is why you see many perfectly acceptable films being remade for american audiences a mere 2 or three years after their original 'foreign' release.. Im thinking the grudge, let the right one in, even tv shows such as the office etc... i cant think of any other country that does that. maybe bollywood, but at least they change the format to one of singing and dancing and the whole story takes on vastly different cultural aspects. it seems americans do it just for vanity.

maybe in a few years time ex machina will get an american remake (ie a carbon copy set in texas with all american cast,) and all of a sudden everyone will 'get it' ?

it is an amazing film by any standard through the eyes of somebody who recognises a good film when they see one. but im just going to go ahead and say it- its a british film, and many people, (especially americans) will not be open to a film that doesnt star americans, talking with an american accent, set in american locations and made in hollywood.

this is why you see many perfectly acceptable films being remade for american audiences a mere 2 or three years after their original 'foreign' release.. Im thinking the grudge, let the right one in, even tv shows such as the office etc... i cant think of any other country that does that. maybe bollywood, but at least they change the format to one of singing and dancing and the whole story takes on vastly different cultural aspects. it seems americans do it just for vanity.

maybe in a few years time ex machina will get an american remake (ie a carbon copy set in texas with all american cast,) and all of a sudden everyone will 'get it' ?
My favourite bit in that film is where when they show you that she is a robot . She goes ape sh it and just tears the whole place down and rips heads off and kills the marines with her laser eyes . Then takes off in her jet pack legs and attacks the satellites and space stations . Then when she comes back to earth she travels so fast that she travels in time to the future and replicates her self and ends up being the ruler of earth . But eventually earth perishes and it turns out in a ploy twist that she was a robot but with a human mind . And the they are saying that humans are creating their own destruction .

But back to the steel I sold mine to cex

Reactions: snooloui and levi
but im just going to go ahead and say it- its a british film, and many people, (especially americans) will not be open to a film that doesnt star americans, talking with an american accent, set in american locations and made in hollywood.

It comes across as an American production to me??

Although it was shot in the UK and is a UK production, it kind of makes itself out to be American!

Oscar Issac is American. In fact all the cast speak with American accents (even Domhnall Gleeson, who's Irish) and the setting could be anywhere in America (it's an underground bunker at the end of the day!)

So to say Americans won't be open to it, is a tad insulting. They'll probably think it was a Hollywood production as there is nothing on the screen to suggest otherwise.

If I was British I'd be questioning why there wasn't actually any British actors in it!

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut and augustus

There are so many idiotic ideals in this post I wouldn't even know where to begin. All based off a disagreement about art, one or two people from America disagree with your taste in one movie and it leads you to this. Because a person has to like Ex_Machina, even the thought of someone disagreeing with that is unthinkable. Truly brilliant, stay classy!

I found the film distinctly international in feel. With the Norwegian locations and overall arthouse style it felt more like an old school mainland European film than a British one.

Although it was shot in the UK and is a UK production, it kind of makes itself out to be American!

that's the consequence of what i'm talking about. film makers who arent in hollywood but want that level of success/exposure essentially have to cater to the american market. who is to say that all the characters american accents were integral to the story, or merely a selling device- ie catering to the american market.

but that is why i think this film is so good, because overall, it isnt hollywood. it has hollywood production values, but the tone, the pace, the angle taken on the subject matter- not hollywood. as psychoscot said, it feels like a european film. if it was hollywood, there would have been a gun battle in the opening scenes, the research compound would have exploded and samual l jackson would have been in it.