Fight Club (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 9, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (pre-order Thursday May 17 @ around 6PM UK time)
Price: £15.99

11768544-1564579638412098.jpg

11768544-5664579638620961.jpg
11768544-6074579639070985.jpg

Hmmm,

Some nasty use of Live Trace in Illustrator on this, especially bad on the type.
This is very close to looking good. A different treatment to the background and obviously the 'Fight Club' text would make a world of difference.

Looks like they have taken the free shipping off for steels over £10. Unless it’s a error

Edit; appears to be a error as it’s working on other pre orders

Yes, was just a click away from pre-ordering but stopped dead at checkout by the 99p P&P addition ... not come across that on any previous order.
To combat the surprise/shock/disappointment re the P&P charge I even tried the code that I'd picked up ... but alas no joy there:-
AYFKMZAVVI

Ordered at the right price today (18th May).

Last edited:
"Thanks for contacting us about the steelbook delivery offer.

We offer a pay on dispatch policy so at this stage no funds have been taken. Therefore if you can get back in touch once your order has been dispatched we will be more than happy to refund the delivery charge back to you."

As expected, no mention of actually fixing the issue.

Excellent, I'll grab this as the MantaLab one is region locked. Dig the artwork!
Although I agree with @Noodles, it'd be better if they put the disc on the left side of this.
This may be a tad off topic, but you sparked my interest with that comment about ML having a region locked release - are all of them locked? Because if so, my choice between getting the upcoming Manta Dunkirk or HDZ Dunkirk becomes rather simple.

Doesn't Zavvi offer the possibility to pay for a preordered item with the lowest amount of cash the product is available with up until its release? If not, I might regret my preorder lol.
Yes, that is true. Although, it's very unlikely it'll drop below the current price before release.

I'm taking a risk by not pre-ordering and hoping it'll drop sometime after release... fingers crossed!

• Thanks
Reactions: Chokwe
This may be a tad off topic, but you sparked my interest with that comment about ML having a region locked release - are all of them locked? Because if so, my choice between getting the upcoming Manta Dunkirk or HDZ Dunkirk becomes rather simple.
No, the most are regionfree. But happens sometimes that they are region locked, see Logan, Revenant, Fight Club e.g.

Doesn't Zavvi offer the possibility to pay for a preordered item with the lowest amount of cash the product is available with up until its release? If not, I might regret my preorder lol.
Yes but you have to contact them after your order is dispatched to get pre order price promise if UK price drops before release date they don't apply it automatically most times

Euro price can change due to exchange rate updates each month this is not covered under pre order price promise unless the UK GBP price drops

If you use a discount code with an order pre order price promise does not apply

If price drops best thing to do is re order at cheaper price to save the hassle of having to contact them after release date