Frozen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

11369758-5534436648615079.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Easily the best Steelbook release of Frozen till date.

Agreed. The artwork is really good, the colours pop despite the matte finish and the lenticular is an improvement on previous Disney/Zavvi collaborations. It is certainly trumps the WWA Steelbook which wasn't bad but was spoilt by the lack of a title. The Blufans edition is one of the most generic looking Steelbooks released to date.

Just received mine and I thought the pic's on here looked great but in hand it really isn't anything special.. looks washed out to me, feels and looks almost as cheap as the wwa (probably totally on my own with this as with the finding dory wwa that I thought was awful) I think i was spoiled with releases like pinocchio, bambi and Alice in wonderland so I have higher expectations. This isn't the worst steelbook out there but it definitely isn't worth £25... £12.99 is more like it.

Just received mine and I thought the pic's on here looked great but in hand it really isn't anything special.. looks washed out to me, feels and looks almost as cheap as the wwa (probably totally on my own with this as with the finding dory wwa that I thought was awful) I think i was spoiled with releases like pinocchio, bambi and Alice in wonderland so I have higher expectations. This isn't the worst steelbook out there but it definitely isn't worth £25... £12.99 is more like it.

Yeah, there are some people here who apparently try or want to hype these new Zavvi Disney releases, although most of the first wave steels are so much better. However, that is only my point of view. I only have the Lion King steel in hand (the only one I ordered) and the release is much overrated...Therefore I will not order another of the re-released Disney steels.

Yeah, there are some people here who apparently try or want to hype these new Zavvi Disney releases, although most of the first wave steels are so much better. However, that is only my point of view. I only have the Lion King steel in hand (the only one I ordered) and the release is much overrated...Therefore I will not order another of the re-released Disney steels.

Frozen is the only one I ordered cos I had bought and then sold the wwa one twice and just couldn't keep that ugly thing so I thought (judging by the pic's and comments in this thread) I'd go for this one.. shouldn't have bothered lol.. I won't be buying any of the other re releases, I'm happy with the originals.

It's a shame we're not getting the quality of the older releases anymore.. zootopia and the good dinosaur wwa shows this very well (and I think they're still in stock, disney has to up their game or at least reset it to when they were releasing pinocchio).

I had a friend visit just after I got the dory wwa steel and I was showing him some of my favourite steelbook's.. and then I showed him dory, he knows nothing about steelbook's and yet he was shocked at the (lack of) quality and the absence of a title and said it was an awful steelbook:rofl: I never posted in the thread when I got it, but so many people loved it I thought there had to be something wrong with me or I was missing something:rofl:

I'd say that quality wise, my pinocchio steelbook is just as beautiful as say, blufans big hero 6.. and that's why I know they can do much better than releaseing the bottom of the barrel wwa, just cos it's wwa doesn't mean they can cut every corner imaginable. I can not wait to get my hands on blufans Dory and zootopia:drool: I shouldn't have to pay £60 for a steelbook cos disney keep delivering sub standard bare bone steels but it's like blufans are the only real options now to get a decent steel.
I shouldn't have to pay £60 as I'd like a choice in the future... but zootopia and dory are 2 of my favourite films this year so I was definitely gonna go for blufans on those regardless :drool::drool:

Frozen is the only one I ordered cos I had bought and then sold the wwa one twice and just couldn't keep that ugly thing so I thought (judging by the pic's and comments in this thread) I'd go for this one.. shouldn't have bothered lol.. I won't be buying any of the other re releases, I'm happy with the originals.

It's a shame we're not getting the quality of the older releases anymore.. zootopia and the good dinosaur wwa shows this very well (and I think they're still in stock, disney has to up their game or at least reset it to when they were releasing pinocchio).

I had a friend visit just after I got the dory wwa steel and I was showing him some of my favourite steelbook's.. and then I showed him dory, he knows nothing about steelbook's and yet he was shocked at the (lack of) quality and the absence of a title and said it was an awful steelbook:rofl: I never posted in the thread when I got it, but so many people loved it I thought there had to be something wrong with me or I was missing something:rofl:

I'd say that quality wise, my pinocchio steelbook is just as beautiful as say, blufans big hero 6.. and that's why I know they can do much better than releaseing the bottom of the barrel wwa, just cos it's wwa doesn't mean they can cut every corner imaginable. I can not wait to get my hands on blufans Dory and zootopia:drool: I shouldn't have to pay £60 for a steelbook cos disney keep delivering sub standard bare bone steels but it's like blufans are the only real options now to get a decent steel.
I shouldn't have to pay £60 as I'd like a choice in the future... but zootopia and dory are 2 of my favourite films this year so I was definitely gonna go for blufans on those regardless :drool::drool:
Nail and head!

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk