Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
March 28th, 2015:
FUTURE SHOP CLOSING ALL THE STORES:
To answer few questions:
http://links.newsletter.futureshop....MTM0MTIzOTQyNzg5S0&j=NjQzNzE3NzI2S0&mt=1&rt=0

And the FAQ:
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/futureshop-bestbuy-faq.aspx?cmp=vrd-bbyquestions

If you want to know if your store is still open:
https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/stores/store-locator.aspx?icmp=BBYStoreLocator_en_5

For ALL Future Shop release:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/35674/
futureshop.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Future Shop Canada website.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to Canada. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluraysteel
I just got off the phone with Futureshop customer service. My Captain America Winter Soldier steelbook was $29.99 at pre order,then it went down to $26.99 for three weeks,then back up to $29.99 . They refused to lower my pre order price. It's only $3.39 difference (inc taxes) but I think I am in the mood to escalate this...
You should definitely be charged the lower price because you pre-ordered before the price dropped to $26.99. I can't believe they're giving you a hard time. It feels like you're being punished for purchasing early.

So after telling me this multiple times:

As we strive to provide our customers with the lowest prices we adjust all pre-orders to the lowest advertised price, between the time your order was placed and the release date, automatically when the order leaves our shipping facilities.

..and then that not happening, FS now tells me this:

Price adjustments for pre-orders can be complicated. In some cases, such as this one, we offer last minute deals to increase the number of pre-orders. these specials usually end before the order ships and this results in our systems not price matching them automatically since they only look at the price when it is released. In cases like this, you will need to cancel your existing pre-order and place a new order to receive the special price.

Last minute deal? What? What is going on over there? This would be funny if it wasn't sad.

Last minute deal? What? What is going on over there? This would be funny if it wasn't sad.

I was told the same. Pretty shady on their part. Customer Service at Future Shop and Best Buy Canada has really gone down in the last year. Aside from these exclusives I get everything from Amazon now.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/pre-orders-faq/hc8258.aspx#pricedrops

The Pre-orders FAQ states: What happens if the price drops during the pre-order date or on release date?
In the event that the price of a pre-ordered item drops between the time you place order and the time it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price.

The truth is it never happens "automatically" for me. The price at the time you pre-order is the price you will be charged. You have to call Customer Service each time to get it adjusted. They continually violate their own pre-order price policy. They keep lying to customers. It's brutal. Their system is flawed. They refuse to admit it. They refuse to fix it. They refuse to listen to their customers.

In my experience, Future Shop customer service always sucked, for as long as I can remember. I also got charged a full price (what's funny is that I am almost confident I placed an order for $26.99 :wtf:).

Will have to waste my time talking to customer service.

I don't know about you guys, but it automatically works for me every time. I guess I just get lucky!!
The opposite has been true for me in the past. So I changed strategies. Now when I see the pre-order price go down, I immediately cancel the order and place a new order. It's a slight hassle because I have to constantly watch the price, but I'd rather do this than call customer service or go to the customer service desk at a store. I'm definitely not the only one doing this.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: nexor
They are refusing to refund the difference. I don't really care about the money since it is only a couple of bucks, but out of principal I want the difference to be refunded (and I am not paying a cent more than I should to any corporation). We shot a few emails back and forth and what they are saying does not make any sense:

Future Shop said:
Our Price Beat Promise indicates that your purchased item is within the last 30 days. Since your order has been made more than 30 days, the price difference do not qualify for the credit under the price drop. We have also checked that the price of the item is back to it's original price of $29.99 therefore we are unable to honor the difference anymore. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please visit our Customer Support pages on Futureshop.ca for further information on our Price Beat Promise.

Thank you for choosing Future Shop. We value your business.

Future Shop said:
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

In the event that the price of a pre-ordered item drops between the time you place order and the time it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price. In your case, your item ship last September 07, 2014 and during this time the item was already back on its original price, therefore you are not be qualified for a price drop.

Thank you for contacting Future Shop. We look forward to serving you in the future

In the end they suggested I give them a call. Will try to do so later today. The fockers think people got all the time in the world. I might return the steel if they do not refund the damn three dollars :yawn:

They are refusing to refund the difference. I don't really care about the money since it is only a couple of bucks, but out of principal I want the difference to be refunded (and I am not paying a cent more than I should to any corporation). We shot a few emails back and forth and what they are saying does not make any sense:

In the end they suggested I give them a call. Will try to do so later today. The fockers think people got all the time in the world. I might return the steel if they do not refund the damn three dollars :yawn:

What date did you pre-order?

You should be eligible for the price drop refund. I don't know how many days it was $26.99 before it went up again. I cancelled my original pre-order from June 7 then re-ordered at $26.99 on July 20. If you need proof to show customer service that it was $26.99, I have a screenshot of my order I can provide you.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Bubbie
Thanks, Nexor!

They are not arguing with me over the fact that the price had dropped. They are trying to tell me that it does not matter what happens to the price between the date the order was placed and the shipping date; the price charged is the lowest of the two on those exact dates, which obviously does not make any sense.

I will give them a shout later in the day and see what happens. The thing is I knew that the price had dropped but did not bother to reorder assuming everything will be taken care off. Their "post-purchase" customer service is probably one of the worst in the industry, at least in my personal experience. I actually stopped buying anything there but steelbooks for that that very reason.

I will let you know if they ask for proof.

@nexor, they refunded the difference after a brief phone conversation with a reasonable person. Probably spent 8 times the amount (time wise in total), but it was worth it :bag:

For those trying to get a refund, do not bother with emails, just call straight away. The phone number to call is 1-800-663-2275; then press 1 for English (or 2 for French), then 1 again, then 3, then 2 and it will put you through to a representative for online orders (hopefully normal one - mine was great). Better yet, next time reorder the item(s) when you see a price drop to avoid all the distress, lol.

Reactions: Harasakicho
@zerox39 or actually to anyone: any idea on why FS decided to ship Ghostbusters steelbooks this way? not complaining but just wondering. It wasn't just me, someone else also received it this way:
14ik510.jpg

n13pmq.jpg

hskdb9.jpg

What were they thinking when they packed this? :wtf: I'm not impressed with the inconsistent shipping containers. Sometimes you get a box for 1 or 2 steelbooks. This time they squeezed 4 in a Conformer mailer.

DSCF3058.jpg