Game of Thrones: The Complete Third Season (Amazon Excl. Limited Edition) [Worldwide]

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Artist rendering:

image.jpg

CLICK LINKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO EACH COUNTRY'S POST:

USA:
RELEASE DATE: Feb. 18, 2014
PRICE (at time of posting): $99.99
ORDER: Amazon
UK

FRANCE

ITALY

SPAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks Savio for the video, i think it looks awesome for display, a little bit expensive but if you are a rabid fan you can somehow get it, it reminds me when the alien egg came out and we got the same feeling....i love the first season, if something like this would have come at that time i would have bought it but as the show goes i'm not as excited as when the beginning....still i will get this season but i'm going with one of the best buy editions....

Reactions: Savio Feitosa
I like it, but I do agree with some of the points previously raised by other collectors; the lid kept falling off and it does take up some shelf space due to the dragons wing span.

I still like it, haven't watched this season yet so I cant wait.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 AM ----------

Thanks Savio Feitosa, great unboxing. I unpacked this yesterday but not had time to look at the digipak yet. The collectors box is disappointing, not exactly a collectors box you would expect at that price.

This a limited edition, but I wonder how many were made?
its not numbered so there must be a lot produced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just refused my UPS package from Amazon. Such a shame, this should have been something truly spectacular, given that it was announced over a half a year ago, was meant to be a "limited edition" release (where's the serial number?), and even had interview videos to promote the exclusive. I don't know how amazon could justify signing off on distributing something so tacky for $50.00 MSRP more than what Best Buy is charging for their Sigil packaging (which is way cooler than this anyways). For once, Best Buy takes the throne, at least on this release.

Hello,

New to the forum here and have to say this is a amazing site!!
I noticed on the bottom of the base of this set there is a number(mines#4770) but not "out of"" any amount. I haver to agree the price is a little high for the set but its nice nonetheless.

Got mine today. The top case and the base don't fit together. Needless to say it is going back. Very unimpressed with it - I think it looks worse that the photos that some ninjas have posted.

Mine fits perfectly together but you have to apply a little bit of force to hear it snap. Like with the others, I don't think the lock is very strong so I wouldn't pick it up from the top with the blu rays inside or you'll be asking for trouble.

Does anyone know if the S1-3 boxset is able to fit inside this? I found just the collectors case for sale and I brought the new S1-3 boxset and tempted to get this collector dragon case to put my boxset in. From pictures I'm thinking the S1-3 set is to large.

Mine fits perfectly together but you have to apply a little bit of force to hear it snap. Like with the others, I don't think the lock is very strong so I wouldn't pick it up from the top with the blu rays inside or you'll be asking for trouble.

There is the lock issue as you have described (which doesn't hold at all), but on my one the bottom edge of the top section wasn't straight so that even when it is snapped on there is a gap. But as it is amazon it was easily returned so can't really complain.

Not suprising, after then info about the build quality of this release. Price is more reasonable now, but still not gonna bite on this. Maybe if it drops even more i will :)

It's only £7.50 more than season 3 with the bonus disc, so highly unlikely to happen. If you actually want season 3, then it's a no brainer.