Ghostbusters (2016) (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 21st, 2016 (TBC)
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live at 12 PM UK time, on Monday July 25, 2016)
Price: £23.99

ghost1.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it when they use not just the poster art but on steelbooks it's nice to have something a bit different, in my opinion.

Reactions: yeslek
I need to find time to watch this, I liked the trailer. But also Star Trek Beyond and Jason Bourne. So many fun movies :woot:

Jason Bourne looks awesome, was funny Matt Damon said it was hard going he's not as young as he was when he made the first film lol

Anyway, back to topic, I hope we see different art from some other retailer as I'm not a fan of this one.

I'm not a fan of this one either.. hope to see something else but if this is the only art we get then I'll buy it for the film.. this artwork goes quite well with the original films that are due out soon/or just been released.. not sure when as I didn't order them.

Just had another look at the art and now know what's bothering me about it.. it looks like a steelbook for the old cartoon that used to be on in the 80' or 90's.. so it doesn't make me think of the film the steelbooks for at all.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Just what the doctor ordered and a most welcome surprise for the new film to have artwork that complements the originals released recently, is original and has nothing to do with the sub-standard official poster art :thumbs:
Now 3 to buy instead of 2 and the only question remaining is "When?" and not "If?"

The only decent original poster artwork for the latest film is this one from BLT COMMUNICATIONS of L.A and truth to tell I wasn't getting a front cover vibe for this one either:-

DAN MUMFORD artwork (?) like the other two :-
1)

2)
GHOSTBUSTERS2_danmumford3.jpg

3)

ghostbusters_2016_1-622x320.jpg

- a talented artist probably most famous for his tattoo style images and some of his highly recognisable images have been used for a number of Blu-ray and steelbook covers:-
THE FIFTH ELEMENTView attachment 253885THE WICKER MAN
images
TALES OF TERROR
images
etc.

I'm reading this thread backwards and see that others don't like the art too.

Would have really liked this one
ghostbusters_ver13.jpg

:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
I'm reading this thread backwards and see that others don't like the art too.

Would have really liked this one
View attachment 254074
:thumbs:

Aww no don't like that (n)

I like the artwork for the exact reason you don't like it, that it looks like the old cartoon lol

I am not big on just posters art but I do like this one (love slimer)
image.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Aww no don't like that (n)

I like the artwork for the exact reason you don't like it, that it looks like the old cartoon lol

I am not big on just posters art but I do like this one (love slimer)
image.jpg

I do like the art flash:thumbs:, just not for the film. I remember coming home from school and putting the tv on to watch the cartoon, my favourite character was slimer:).
I've not seen this film yet, but saw a trailer for it the last time I was at the cinema.. it was an awful trailer, they showed lots of laugh clips but I didn't think it was funny in the slightest.. I'm just gonna assume who ever put the trailer together had no idea what they were doing.. I still want to see the film and I really like melissa maccarthy (her films, or the comedy have been hit and miss for me though, so I'm expecting the same) I love the original films but when I see this new one I'm gonna watch it like it's the first one ever made so I can enjoy it for whatever it is.

I used that poster in my concept. :)

View attachment 254076

Noodles... love love love it! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: I wish you designed steelbook's for a living:thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and Flash
I do hope you like it @chunk, it pays great respect to the originals, I loved the blend of old and new and these new characters stand alone and are fantastic, love that they had slimer still.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk