Godzilla (2014) (Blu-ray FuturePak) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 16, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon - Target - Best Buy
Price: $29.99 (Amazon - Target) - $42.99 (Best Buy)

image.jpg

About Best Buy listing:
If you haven't confirmed it yet. I talked with BB USA and Scanavo. There is no Godzilla SteelBook anywhere in USA. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I decided to take a chance with the Best Buy listing for this and see what they send me as it looks like they currently have what I think is supposed to be the DVD version labelled as the MetalPack (and stating Blu-ray / DVD/ UV digital copy 2 disc set in the title) on sale for 18.99...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/godzilla-metalpak-blu-ray-dvd-uv-digital-copy-2-disc-special-edition-ultraviolet-digital-copy-dvd/6435072.p?id=3276600&skuId=6435072&st=godzilla 2014&lp=1&cp=1

Figure worst case they send me the DVD version and I have to complain or just return it, but could end up being a good deal as they have the Metal Pack listed separately as well for $44.99 right now.

This is with sound :wow:

Certainly is.

Now I can't possibly say whether I've seen this/have one/glanced at it/post pics/post videos (not until September 16th), etc but my word the embossing is something else and is a perfect example of when a FuturePak spine works so well. Lovely and glossy, nice and heavy and the sound is decent with Godzilla's roar. It's not overly loud but it sounds great!

Love that multi-level embossing! As I said to you on Twitter... I'd definitely much rather have that than the upcoming UK steelbook. Shame it won't be available to buy in the UK/EU though. :(

Love that multi-level embossing! As I said to you on Twitter... I'd definitely much rather have that than the upcoming UK steelbook. Shame it won't be available to buy in the UK/EU though. :(

It will also be available from Target, I'm sure a US based ninja will lend a hand to secure a mint one if there is no GB :)

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Excellent! Now they can do the same embossing on a metal as Jennifer's Body [UK] slip.

e6azasu5.jpg

Reactions: rj531
Does anyone know if this will be the same version Korea gets? As it's cheaper for me to order it from Kimchi and I know it will arrive in mint condition. :bag:Amazon.us is too much of a gamble with their crap packing....:mad:

Here you go guys! Very quickly shot on my iPhone but will get some good pics uploaded soon too

Amazing, @cooey! I really hope this is what HMV Canada receives!

What do you think, @bloodsnake007? :naughty:
What do I think @tridon!? It's FU**ING AWESOME!!! :jawdrop: :notworthy: :cool: Thanks for the video @cooey :thumbs:

I LOVE the embossing :drool:, it's a beauty! Honestly... I'm completely BLOWN AWAY! :woot: I cant fu**ing wait to OWN this, definitely a MUST! :thumbs: