Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: January, 2016
Print run: 2000
Price: TBA
Extra's: Full Slipcover (500) or Lenticular Slipcover (1500) and bonus cards.

In hands pictures (Thanks to @pbtour4il)
DSC_1609.JPG DSC_1610.JPG DSC_1611.JPG

Full Slip:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Lenticular Slip:
10.jpg 12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Who does GB's for Blufans releases? I've never ordered one before, but this movie was in my top 5 last year. Absolutely loved it, and have watched it 3 times already. Read the book twice too. Just an amazing story with wonderful performances, great cinematography, and a chilling score.
Wreck will probably coordinate them for our site again, fyi

Polarizing. I though it was awful. All the Fincher artistry wrapped in a crap story that really feels like it was written by some untalented hack who used to write blurbs for Entertainment Weekly...oh, wait....

So that's 2x to the US for CC95... :p

I think the print run is good on this one specifically for the reasons you noted. I think there will be a fair amount of people who don't care to have this one (hopefully leaving enough for the rest of us :naughty:)

Reactions: C.C. 95
Polarizing. I though it was awful. All the Fincher artistry wrapped in a crap story that really feels like it was written by some untalented hack who used to write blurbs for Entertainment Weekly...oh, wait....
Hmm okay. I guess I have no choice but to watch it.
And I had no idea about Gillian. Had to look her up.
But yea, I'll watch it with an open mind but if I fall asleep in the middle then... :cautious::p

I'm wouldn't call it polarizing, most people liked it.

VJQn19L.png

UlicYLL.png

mq1XXTM.png

qm4LIwz.png
Well, then! Let's say polarizing in my peer group. No one I know likes it, either. (And we are all Fincher fans). Even my mother and her friends (in their 60s) vehemently hated the book and refused to see the movie... And they are that target audience!
Bottom line is it is a poorly written tale. Really bad. And argumentum ad populum will not convince me otherwise.:thumbs:

Watched it after hearing good things about it when movie first came out. Pretty good movie I'd say but absolutely no replay value for me so gonna be an easy pass

Last edited:
Well, then! Let's say polarizing in my peer group. No one I know likes it, either. (And we are all Fincher fans). Even my mother and her friends (in their 60s) vehemently hated the book and refused to see the movie... And they are that target audience!
Bottom line is it is a poorly written tale. Really bad. And argumentum ad populum will not convince me otherwise.:thumbs:

Well if that's the bottom line, I guess you're right - it must be poorly written... Don't know why you would say women in their 60s are the target audience for a dark Fincher thriller though.

Well if that's the bottom line, I guess you're right - it must be poorly written... Don't know why you would say women in their 60s are the target audience for a dark Fincher thriller though.
That book was Oprah Book Club territory- which includes women of that age. They devour all the best sellers aimed at women. And that book was aimed squarely in that direction.

That book was Oprah Book Club territory- which includes women of that age. They devour all the best sellers aimed at women. And that book was aimed squarely in that direction.

If you say so.

I love the film. It was even better the second time around. Fincher is a master filmmaker but he's not for everyone. His films are darkly funny, satirical, and sometimes nihilistic, but technically brilliant in all departments. So if you consider yourself a fan of things like cinematography, editing, score, atmosphere, acting, and can handle films where the
good guys don't always win
- you owe it to yourself to see this movie.

Not into the cookie cutter novel(generally), but this was not-at least not in its honesty between the characters-looking forward to seeing what they do with this one-Rosamund did an amazing job as the cold, calculating psycho-in shades of grey this kind of toxicity portrayed became relatable to a wider audience. Fincher's style shines throughout-I'll stay tuned...

Last edited:
If you say so.

I love the film. It was even better the second time around. Fincher is a master filmmaker but he's not for everyone. His films are darkly funny, satirical, and sometimes nihilistic, but technically brilliant in all departments. So if you consider yourself a fan of things like cinematography, editing, score, atmosphere, acting, and can handle films where the
good guys don't always win
- you owe it to yourself to see this movie.
I LOVE Fincher...with the right material. I love the darkness he brings to his films. But he can't save something that is broken already.(you disagree that it is- and that's fine).
I mean, I LOVE the camera moves, music, atmosphere of a bunch if his films that I just don't like.
He did some astounding camera moves in Panic Room. Not a great flick. I also appreciated the work in The Social Network. Again, not a great movie to me. I still have no idea why he did Benjamin Button. I mean, it is basically Forrest Gump. Technically great Fincher artistry- terrible flick.
He is one of the top five in the industry today. And I hate his choices lately. And that makes me sad.
Gone Girl was not a dark book. It was top 40 fluff that played at being dark. He needs to pick better material.

I LOVE Fincher...with the right material. I love the darkness he brings to his films. But he can't save something that is broken already.(you disagree that it is- and that's fine).
I mean, I LOVE the camera moves, music, atmosphere of a bunch if his films that I just don't like.
He did some astounding camera moves in Panic Room. Not a great flick. I also appreciated the work in The Social Network. Again, not a great movie to me. I still have no idea why he did Benjamin Button. I mean, it is basically Forrest Gump. Technically great Fincher artistry- terrible flick.
He is one of the top five in the industry today. And I hate his choices lately. And that makes me sad.
Gone Girl was not a dark book. It was top 40 fluff that played at being dark. He needs to pick better material.

I personally enjoyed The Social Network despite hating the main character of the story. I really liked Gone Girl, haven't read the book so I can't judge. I don't know about the book, but I'd say the movie was pretty dark, very twisted and a disturbing ending (not sure how much I should say because I don't want to spoil it). Every movie can't be Seven or Fight Club. David Fincher doesn't pump out movies every year, heck 3 years went by between Dragon Tattoo and Gone Girl. And he's got enough clout that he can pick whatever projects he wants, so I'm assuming he picks what interests him. It might not be to your taste, but you can't deny his talent. I also doubt he just wants to be known as the director who makes sick, twisted, dark movies.

Reactions: lolwut
I still have no idea why he did Benjamin Button. I mean, it is basically Forrest Gump. Technically great Fincher artistry- terrible flick.

I've seen the comparison of Benjamin Button and Forrest Gump done before and I guess it's to invoke a depiction of mediocrity and yet
Forest Gump was a multi award winning movie that had 13 oscar nominations winning 6 of them and was up against the likes of Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption,beating them both in Best Picture category.
Just saying.....................

Yeah. Benjamin Button WANTED to be Forrest Gump, but was not. The character development just wasn't there for that particular character. I was not sad at the end. This comparison is like 300 to Gladiator. Similar movies in some ways with story and characters, but you generate a bond and care for Maximus, and not as much for Leonidas.

I've seen the comparison of Benjamin Button and Forrest Gump done before and I guess it's to invoke a depiction of mediocrity and yet
Forest Gump was a multi award winning movie that had 13 oscar nominations winning 6 of them and was up against the likes of Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption,beating them both in Best Picture category.
Just saying.....................
Are you reading the charges against the accused (AMPAS) for high crimes against Motion Pictures?:LOL:
Yeah, Forrest Gump was better than Pulp Fiction & Shawshank....they got that right. uh-huh.:wacky:
image.jpg