Grosse Pointe Blank (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: 17th August, 2015
Purchase link: Grosse Point Blank (Live Sunday, May 3 12pm GMT)
Price: £15.99
Notes: Gloss, Limited to 2500 copies

front.jpg

back.jpg
exterior.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why two different templates then?
I think because the rest of the frame will be debossed it will appear as though these sections are embossed when really they are just level with the standard frame. I think they are just showing that effect with the 2 templates.

I think because the rest of the frame will be debossed it will appear as though these sections are embossed when really they are just level with the standard frame. I think they are just showing that effect with the 2 templates.

I still don't see why two templates would be necessary for that. Combining the two would serve the same purpose. If there is a logical reason for it I can't think of one. Maybe they will emboss the smaller elements first and then give it a second pass on the big areas for some reason?

Last edited:
I still don't see why two templates would be necessary for that. Combining the two would serve the same purpose. If there is a logical reason for it I can't think of one. Maybe the emboss the smaller elements first and then give it a second pass for some reason?
I'm not sure why they have shown 2 templates. Unless it turns out that the embossing is different to what we expect. I don't think they can emboss and deboss above the regular surface, it would make the metal too weak. We will have too see how it turns out.

Reactions: digitalbabe
While the artwork does seem more fitting for a John Hughes movie, I still LOVE this film way too much to even risk not getting it immediately. I screwed up by not getting Sleepy Hollow and will not make that mistake here or with Silver Linings Playbook (which also has very peculiar front art).

Obviously we can't go by the mock up with the raised hinges, lock and all and it's quite possible IMO that this will be as flat as a pancake like 'The Voices' which was crying out for 'bossing.

It's another category but wouldn't it be fabulous in the style of the 2008 U.S. Limited Edition Boxset of 'Heathers' in the style of a metal locker with working combination lock and latch . . .

Last edited:
Obviously we can't go by the mock up with the raised hinges, lock and all and it's quite possible IMO that this will be as flat as a pancake like 'The Voices'.

It's another category but wouldn't it be fabulous in the style of the 2008 U.S. Limited Edition Boxset of 'Heathers' in the style of a metal locker with working combination lock and latch . . .
This is definatly going to be embossed, it was confirmed earlier in the thread.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia