The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 9th, 2014
Purchase link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Group Buy: apsmith21
Price: $19.99
Notes: Title on front cover, NO title on spine.

gotg_bbsteel-jpg.112272

Exclusive HDN Pictures! Thanks so much to Future Shop and @zerox39 for the advance look!! :D
gotg00001-jpg.118042

gotg00002-jpg.118043

gotg00003-jpg.118044

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt even bother pre-ordering this because I knew it was going to be inferior to the international version. It is obvious that two different production lines handle the US and Canada steelbooks and the international steelbooks, and even more obvious that the US and Canada do not receive the same level of treatment. Ironically, the more and more steelbooks that come out in the US, the less I find myself buying any of them. Even when a US steelbook looks decent, I come to this site and see pics of the foreign one and it suddenly goes from decent to terrible. Its sad because I think this trend will continue.

Its kinda clever how they used the disc studs to imitate the drive spindles of the cassette deck. At first glance I hated it, but this inside artwork is growing on me.

Reactions: henry00x
I didnt even bother pre-ordering this because I knew it was going to be inferior to the international version. It is obvious that two different production lines handle the US and Canada steelbooks and the international steelbooks, and even more obvious that the US and Canada do not receive the same level of treatment. Ironically, the more and more steelbooks that come out in the US, the less I find myself buying any of them. Even when a US steelbook looks decent, I come to this site and see pics of the foreign one and it suddenly goes from decent to terrible. Its sad because I think this trend will continue.
Yeah advice I will be following from now on except for exceptional circumstances like Mondo steels

The cassette tape is part of Star Lord's history and the only connection to his mother. Here is what Chris Pratt said the playlist on that cassette tape meant to Peter Quill - "That was one of the first things I requested," says Pratt, "because it was the emotional center of the character and this movie and Peter Quill has been listening to this thing nonstop his entire life. I have a few albums like that in my life, where I know all the words, so I wanted to be that familiar with the music by the time we shot the movie." (from comicbookresources.com)

In other words, the cassette tape and the music within is the heart and soul of this story and I personally feel is worthy of being the artwork for this SteelBook.

The cassette tape is part of Star Lord's history and the only connection to his mother. Here is what Chris Pratt said the playlist on that cassette tape meant to Peter Quill - "That was one of the first things I requested," says Pratt, "because it was the emotional center of the character and this movie and Peter Quill has been listening to this thing nonstop his entire life. I have a few albums like that in my life, where I know all the words, so I wanted to be that familiar with the music by the time we shot the movie." (from comicbookresources.com)

In other words, the cassette tape and the music within is the heart and soul of this story and I personally feel is worthy of being the artwork for this SteelBook.

And I feel this should have been the last artwork to be used for a colorful movie like this.

As much as the artwork is what it is, I'm fine with the interior on this. I think I prefer it to the EU version even if it's by the tiniest amount. Though Disney could have gone with any number of better art designs for the steelbook, at least this version has the film title on it and an overall consistent design. Not much longer now... Ooga-Chowa, Ooga Ooga!

Now I really feel why the F**k was that cassette in the Film :(. I wonder what's gonna be in sequel....VHS???

That's easy if you've seen the film

It's a Walkman with the Awesome mix 2 cassette which was a gift from his mother just before she died

Overall I have mixed feelings about this steel, I still need to see it in person to see if I like it or not, hopefully the Wal-Mart Rocket slip is thick enough to fit the steelbook.

ok so... i look at this again and if the overall design is all about the cassette and they want it be coherent inside and out, then why the random image of the guardians on the back ? is that supposed to represent a sticker or something ? im confused and it feels out of place with the overall design

i think its clever they wanted to recreate a cassette player, its not everyones cup of tea, not debating that but i can see now what they were aiming for

And nobody thinks that all this emphasis on the Walkman is the studios attempt to cash in by promoting the soundtrack. Hell it's even selling an actual cassette! How greedy can you get.

• Informative
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches