digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but what if there are more films? How will the subsequent Steelbooks look with this one?

They will look awful alongside each other and even if there is something as Iconic as Peters Walkman in the sequel which they can mould into a design for a Steelbook then it still would look out of place.

Best thing to do really is complain to someone (Zavvi could pass info on if you ask them nicely), we might not be able to change this but it stops it from happening again. Who knows in the future someone else might do another Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook. We got 2 Captain America and 2 Thor steelbooks (HMV & Zavvi)

Not sure about this one. Still time to decide whether to keep or cancel my order I guess. If there is a good looking lenticular amaray then will definitely get that instead.

Nope - not really.

Maybe for you, but there are others that like this release. It's a change from the normal 'throw the poster on the front' mentality, and IMO is a refreshing change.

Yes I agreee it's not to everyones taste, but some people are over-reacting.

If you don't like it - don't buy it. Simple as that.

I wouldn't say it's the norm to use the poster art. If only more studios actually did throw the poster on the front. It seems rare when a steelbook has the original poster art.

Reactions: hayemaker
Huh, sorry but I'd take this any day over another Marvel steelbook with an untitled stock poster image on the front, a few random clipart pics on the back and no title on the spine, ala Thor 2 and Cap 2 (the less said about the Thor 2 steelbook the better), I mean at least it's original and in keeping with the tone and style of the film rather than something that just looks looks rushed and lazy like their more recent attempts.

Reactions: Jay37 and Troll2Fan
I'm sure there were some considerable cancellations, but I'm betting most of them had more to do with the fact that Future Shop/Best Buy are getting the same Steelbook, which means we can get it for half the price. Probably no spine title for NA this time, though. That would mess up the awesome design. I hear people whine and complain about 90% of the Steelbook designs that are out there like it's a compulsive response. This design works perfectly for this movie. The movie is packed with nonconformity and the soundtrack has become just as popular as the movie; not to mention the significance of the Awesome Mix tape to Peter Quill. Using a prop for the case is really no different than using the Jumanji box, which plenty of people seem to think is perfect for the film. Did they alter the Walkman? Sure, but technically they altered the Jumanji box, too. And you can whine about titles, but I've heard plenty of people who claimed that the worldwide release of The Winter Soldier is far superior to the NA version in quality despite having no title, so it can't be that life or death. If some people hate it that much I say just hold off on getting this until the Asian market gets the title. You might get something a little more prosaic to fit in with the rest of your collection. And then everyone is happy.

Oh man, this is just terrible! Was hoping for colourful poster art and just now they want to be creative... damn it!

This is final unfortunately. Using poster art can some times be lazy but Guardians had some of the nicest poster work in recent memory so it would have looked great. They could have used that and got creative with the embossing/gloss IMO.

Oh well, I'm keeping my preorder and will keep my fingers crossed for a superior Asian release.

I like it. Im glad i held on my order. It perfectly fits the whole style of the movie. Everyone that has seen it, will know what im talking about.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: smileyx9
Does anyone know of a contact email for Disney (or whoever's responsible for this abomination) so that I can complain directly? I emailed Zavvi and asked specifically if they would pass my feedback on to the relevant people - I may as well have been speaking Klingon for all the good that did...

using an iconic 80,s character as your profile picture, you should appreciate the tape deck look, its really retro like the terminator movie..

This will still end up as sold out release
Due to how popular the film is and that's its a marvel release

Some like the artwork and yes a lot don't like the artwork
It's world wide artwork

This is not a release that will be in stock months after release date
If anything the cancellations all will happen will mean someone else will purchase it

I can see after release date even with all the dislike to the artwork some saying any chance this comming back in stock I want one