digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 24th, 2014
Purchase Link: Guardians of the Galaxy
Price: £24.99
Notes: Includes 3D disc, Limited to 5,000 units
*Note: Live again as of 11/28-add both to cart from here. You should then see a 25.99 GBP discount applied in cart.

01.jpg

00.jpg
thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know at least 20 people that cancelled theirs after Zavvi sold out so as usual Zavvi are telling porky pies about still being sold out. I definitely cancelled mine.

what is strange is that for a past release when many people had cancelled their copy as per posted on the thread, it showed still OOS on zavvi website but so many had cancelled and I contacted them and they had told me they were sold out still (which didn't make sense as those cancelled copies they should have updated in their system at least internally)

As usual it is not a case of blatant lying but simply an employee looking at the website and seeing the Steelbook is marked as 'sold out'. There are countless examples of situations where customer service agents have provided inaccurate information (Maleficent being an obvious one), so why some continue to believe them is a little mystifying. There are obviously a number of cancellations so unless Zavvi oversold in the first place, this will be available again at some point.

Maybe Zavvi are selling via accounts that look like normal users on eBay? Wouldn't surprise me knowing they can get £15-20+ more than they charged originally! Most I've seen one go for is £49.80 I think...

As far as theories go, this one is pretty ridiculous. Zavvi's reputation can't really get any worse so I don't think they need to bother with ludicrous ideas like that.

@snooloui everytime I asked a question to Zavvi customer service I either get an answer short as I can't help you, or like you said it's sold out and I have asked them about 10 times to be removed from their stupid mailing list and I keep receiving emails, I opt out in the email as well and it doesn't help. I wrote them and rep basically didn't read my question and answered something that didn't make sense... I just find that they have poor customer service.

I had placed some orders (and after the went OOS) but my orders were secured, I had to change credit card and needed to update ''payment method on my orders already placed but now OOS'' and they told me ''on orders already placed it is not possible to change method of payment''.

Solution provided; I had to cancel my orders and place a new order. But I could not repurchase them with updated payment method because they were OOS. This was really bad from zavvi.

FYI: just watched Guardians of the galaxy what a great movie it was SPOILER I thought it was so funny and cute to see the small Groot in plant pot dancing at the end, hilarious.

I agree with @snooloui it's basically pointless asking their customer service staff or those that man their social networking accounts as pretty much 80% of the time they will just give you info to go away happy, or say they don't know. They are fairly useless and have been found to be wrong on many occassions. If in doubt wait for one of the admins or mods on here to supply what info they can.

I will continue to say they tell the odd fib as they have been caught out trying to do things on the fly like sell sold out steels for higher prices elsewhere etc which my personal opinion is they did do on purpose. That said they release some awesome steels so we're stuck with them for the time being. I do think this will come back into stock soon as there was loads of complaints across the social networks when the art came out, and while some may have kept that order, many like me will have cancelled. They will be back, it's just a matter of waiting it out.

Arrived damaged
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
The Spine has a lump under the fast forward button and spine is not straight was put on wrong
This was noting to do with transport or packaging as rest of the steelbook is fine
The Lump under the spine is very annoying and the spine is very badly put on no quality control check was done as you cant miss the spine is wrong

As this is listed as Sold Out going to be difficult to get Zavvi to replace it
But I have sent them a replacement request and I await their reply

1656282_10204970580924808_675433418039739746_n.jpg

10377542_10204970581044811_1933546281623831619_n.jpg

Arrived damaged
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
The Spine has a lump under the fast forward button and spine is not straight was put on wrong

Is there no way you can heat the spine sticker and manoeuvre it about? I've never done it before, but it might save you the hassle of sending it back, especially when it's sold out at the moment

Is there no way you can heat the spine sticker and manoeuvre it about? I've never done it before, but it might save you the hassle of sending it back, especially when it's sold out at the moment
The spine itself is damaged it has lump underneath
10377542_10204970581044811_1933546281623831619_n.jpg

Removing the spine and resetting it would not solve the dent on the spine

I should not have to attempt fix a damaged steelbook that's Zavvi responsibility
I will be demanding a replacement as I know Zavvi/Disney keep % of copies of releases even if its sold out on the website its going to take lot of messages back and forward to get this sorted

Last edited:
They'll wait until they've had all the "I've got damaged stock" requests before they put any more stock online.

Personally, with the high number of damaged items, I'd be surprised if we see any back on the website.

They'll wait until they've had all the "I've got damaged stock" requests before they put any more stock online.

Personally, with the high number of damaged items, I'd be surprised if we see any back on the website.

High number of damaged items? Where have you seen that then?! :confused: Only Paul Boland has said he got a damaged one from what I've seen... :watch:

Various forums... I'm not saying it's HUGE, but there seems to be a lot of dents and damaged copies sent out. If it's a super limited run, looks like enough damage to soak up any cancelled orders.

All of this might be presumption; those people might not all have been honest about damaged copies; who knows :)

I agree with @snooloui it's basically pointless asking their customer service staff or those that man their social networking accounts as pretty much 80% of the time they will just give you info to go away happy, or say they don't know. They are fairly useless and have been found to be wrong on many occassions. If in doubt wait for one of the admins or mods on here to supply what info they can.

I will continue to say they tell the odd fib as they have been caught out trying to do things on the fly like sell sold out steels for higher prices elsewhere etc which my personal opinion is they did do on purpose. That said they release some awesome steels so we're stuck with them for the time being. I do think this will come back into stock soon as there was loads of complaints across the social networks when the art came out, and while some may have kept that order, many like me will have cancelled. They will be back, it's just a matter of waiting it out.
I cancelled my Zavvis a month ago for the Taiwan. For those worrying about the Zavvi 'sold out' issue- I wouldn't.
This is the biggest movie of the year. There are going to be so many versions floating around out there it's gonna be ridiculous! In three months time you'll probably get a free steel of GOTG with your Happy Meal from all the friggin' Overstock!! GOTG will never be a rare commodity!

Last edited:
Reactions: schrute farms
Mine also had a spine slash I asked for a refund which they said they would do and they didn't ask for the steel back. Next day get a dispatch email for the punisher which was sent out ages ago when it first got released as I pre-ordered with GOTG. Don't know what zavvi are doing aha.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lolwut
I cancelled my Zavvis a month ago for the Taiwan. For those worrying about the Zavvi 'sold out' issue- I wouldn't.
This is the biggest movie of the year. There are going to be so many versions floating around out there it' gonna be ridiculous! In three months time you'll probably get a free steel of GOTG with your Happy Meal from all the friggin' Overstock!! GOTG will never be a rare commodity!
It is currently following the lines of Frozen which means you won't get a free Steel.