tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
For as much as Blufans did for Transformers 4, I thought there would be something a lot more creative.

Some of my expectations were one Lenticular Slipcase for each of the Guardians with the exception of Rocket & Groot together. Maybe even three sets of Double Lenticulars with
1) Rocket/Groot Side A - Drax Side B
2) Starlord Side A - Gamorra Side B
3) Ultimate Edition - Guardians Side A - Villains Side B

If you line the sets up side by side, the spines make up something cool. It would be some kind of gratification for those who buy all three. I know for a fact, that's why people bought the Transformers Tri-Pack because it damn sure wasn't because they loved the movie.
But with Transformers it was 3 different steelbooks with 3 different slips and not same steelbook with 3 different slips

Well my night just got a lot less busy. Great job.
Thank you! :thumbs:Sorry I only saw your post now saying you were going to photoshop the concept now after posting mine. I'm glad you hadn't started though so I haven't wasted your time though. Experienced as you are, do not be deterred from doing your own version.

Completely inspired by Geeks post, I removed the text from the poster and tried to put it into context. I'm not the best at photoshop however, steelbook wise, I like how it looks. View attachment 154129

You got the basics right.

But personally, I would have taken the base image and set it a bit higher. Also I would set the title of the movie a tad higher. Overall idea is to create depth with extending the shadow which is dropped from the moon.

The focus shouldn't lie on the title, but on the artwork (the lead characters).

But that's just me.... ;-)

Love seeing other people's work.

i also think the strength of the board is being able to keep visitor/members interest without placing absurd restrictions on what they can talk about. this isnt the only instance where 'money' causes this limitation and obstruction to what should really be a place where collectors can share information and express opinions freely.

i think the site should show strength and confidence in its attributes, and the loyality of its members... instead of placing these bans on the mere mentions of other sites. it really gives the impression of insecurity and vulnerability, as if the only reason people are here is because they dont know what else is out there...

Seeing as how you speak in an anonymous tone I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you aren't talking about this site. People are not banned here when mentioning other sites, but that isnt to say that some people don't come here looking to promote their agenda and take away from this site. There's a time and a place for a link it just doesn't need to be abused is all. If its in reference then abbreviations help since a site is judged in google by many algorithms and one of which being links in vs. links out. Since the beginning I've always "asked" that if able to state and not link then that is better. Its not even about squashing all, we dont have enough mod power or motivation to watch every thread ... its about curbing it is all ...

to break things down technically since for some reason we need to defend the conspiracy ... ALL of our so seemed competitors or as I prefer sites in the same niche, genre etc. ALL have "do follow" links from HDN pointing to them. That means they get link juice from us .... and many of all of their sites give the same back. So we all already have proof as website owners there is no secret war. More often then not its the members of the sites who become loyal and pledge allegiance and have the our site is better than yours mentality. And then it gets construed that our staff feels the same way ... or they made this on purpose cause they hate "x". In many cases, blu-ray.com. I'm not going to entertain that.

Bottom Line ... we all love GOTG enough to be in this thread talking about it. If you are in the HDN group buy .. awesome. I hope to service you the best I can and help you get an hard to obtain item. If you aren't in the group buy then by all means if one is open at Blu-ray.com go there and secure your spot. If its in a facebook thing with Kevin, go there. I dont care.

WE ARE GROOT

Okay so I had a look at these as freeviewing pairs and the 3d effect is brilliant on both, but the Jason Quill one for me is Easily the best. The ships and their trails give amazing depth to the image. Cannot wait for the ultimate edition!

Okay so I had a look at these as freeviewing pairs and the 3d effect is brilliant on both, but the Jason Quill one for me is Easily the best. The ships and their trails give amazing depth to the image. Cannot wait for the ultimate edition!
GTFO, you don't even know the main character's name... :whistle:

Completely inspired by Geeks post, I removed the text from the poster and tried to put it into context. I'm not the best at photoshop however, steelbook wise, I like how it looks. View attachment 154129
Looks nice, however, pretty much all details in the faces will be lost on the lenti as the faces are so small :dunno:

Reactions: jonnie123
GTFO, you don't even know the main character's name... :whistle:

Looks nice, however, pretty much all details in the faces will be lost on the lenti as the faces are so small :dunno:

Haha, oops. Come on man, Peter!

You're right about the lenti not being to incorporate the detail of the poster image. I would have like that image for the actual steelbook especially as they are using similar stuff for the slips. Still happy with what we are getting though.

Last edited:
Reactions: davhyl
The following times are PDT (California)
One Click 09.30 (12.30 NY) (17.30 UK) (18.30 DE) $190
Ultimate Edition 10.00 (13.00 NY) (18.00 UK) (19.00 DE) $72
Single sided Lenticular 10.30 (13.30 NY) (18.30 UK) (19.30 DE) $65
1/4 Slip 11.00 (14.00 NY) (19.00 UK) (20.00 DE) $60

Below is a time zone converter.
http://everytimezone.com/#2015-4-17,330,cn3

Last edited:
One Click 09.30 (12.30 NY) (17.30 UK) (18.30 DE)
Ultimate Edition 10.00 (13.00 NY) (18.00 UK) (19.00 DE)
Single sided Lenticular 10.30 (13.30 NY) (18.30 UK) (19.30 DE)
1/4 Slip 11.00 (14.00 NY) (19.00 UK) (20.00 DE)

Also, can we update the OP to reflect the cancellation of Full Slip and the introduction of the one sided Lenticular. Thank you.

It's already updated

Reactions: Blu-devil
One Click 09.30 (12.30 NY) (17.30 UK) (18.30 DE) $190
Ultimate Edition 10.00 (13.00 NY) (18.00 UK) (19.00 DE) $72
Single sided Lenticular 10.30 (13.30 NY) (18.30 UK) (19.30 DE) $65
1/4 Slip 11.00 (14.00 NY) (19.00 UK) (20.00 DE) $60

Is this what time the group buy is back on today? Was gonna give this a miss but now I'm having second thoughts lol