tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
colors I hope it's only because of the poor picture quality as if this is another Marvel Fiasco to follow the Marvel wave I will stop buying releases from Blufans, I've had enough of disappointment from them... I just hope it's because of the picture as to really get my Trust back,

This release had to be absolutely Flawless, nothing less is acceptable.

Still for me the Taiwan Version 1/4 amazing Slip cover with the walkman Steel at this point is the best version to beat, some prefer Nova, but at the end of the day whether you prefer a lenti from Nova or a 1/4 slip design from taiwan, the steel used in Nova and Taiwan release are both the same WWA Steel...

colors I hope it's only because of the poor picture quality as if this is another Marvel Fiasco to follow the Marvel wave I will stop buying releases from Blufans, I've had enough of disappointment from them... I just hope it's because of the picture as to really get my Trust back,

I'm pretty sure this is a case of terrible photos vs. a terrible steel. Once you have it in-hand you'll be happy, I'm sure of it. But I can't believe they posted those pics as their unveiling of the steel. Awful, awful photos. Looks like the lighting was bad to begin with so they tried to fix it in post by overcompensating on the saturation, plus who knows what else.

But don't worry @Actarus !! I'm sure once you see the whole package you'll be more than thrilled. It'll be Christmas in July!

Reactions: Actarus
If there is already a in hand steel pic, then can it still get delayed until November?
This is my first BF SB.
Are they really bad at producing enough on time for release?

I'm pretty sure this is a case of terrible photos vs. a terrible steel. Once you have it in-hand you'll be happy, I'm sure of it. But I can't believe they posted those pics as their unveiling of the steel. Awful, awful photos. Looks like the lighting was bad to begin with so they tried to fix it in post by overcompensating on the saturation, plus who knows what else.

But don't worry @Actarus !! I'm sure once you see the whole package you'll be more than thrilled. It'll be Christmas in July!

I really hope so as I am ready to give up, it does look indeed from what you say it makes sense but usually when a pic of a steel is posted usually they insure it is a great pic of it, so I am on my guard, but too late I ordered all I wanted. I had a Christmas in May with Novamedia Avengers and having another Christmas in July with a gorgeous well done GOTG would be simply sweet. I am ready to get out my whip from my fifty shades of grey collection if they don't behave :naughty: I really hope you are right @littleprince32 as I need Blufans to go back to what they used to be great at, producing quality packages without Flaws...but I am giving them one last chance.

Reactions: littleprince32
If there is already a in hand steel pic, then can it still get delayed until November?
This is my first BF SB.
Are they really bad at producing enough on time for release?

Blufans release date => Blufans announced Relelase date + 3 to 9 Months = Real Release Date.

I had Pre-Ordered Frozen in end April, it was pushed so many times ended up having it in hands end of november
I Pre-Ordered ALL My Marvel last August it was supposed to be released way before and Thor 2 is still Unreleased.
At least if it would be delivering quality then I would be ok, but we get extra long delays and Flawed Items...
Also KFP 1 & 2 was late in release BUT this is one wickedly top notch quality release, best Spot Gloss on a steel I have ever seen
so release date they announce, 90% of the time there will be a longer delay...
But I am surprised that this is your first Blufans, they did so many nice ones before the Marvel Fiasco...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
I'm not entirely sure that this is a case of bad photos - although really hope it is - as if we look at photos of steels posted by blufans in the past they usually matched the final product perfectly. At least the ones I own, for example Kung Fu Panda

Seeing these photos today instead of making me excited, about the most anticipated steel this year by me, made me worried.

I really hope we can have some confirmation if it's just the photos that went bad before actually receiving it.

Blufans release date => Blufans announced Relelase date + 3 to 9 Months = Real Release Date.

I had Pre-Ordered Frozen in end April, it was pushed so many times ended up having it in hands end of november
I Pre-Ordered ALL My Marvel last August it was supposed to be released way before and Thor 2 is still Unreleased.
At least if it would be delivering quality then I would be ok, but we get extra long delays and Flawed Items...
Also KFP 1 & 2 was late in release BUT this is one wickedly top notch quality release, best Spot Gloss on a steel I have ever seen
But I am surprised that this is your first Blufans, they did so many nice ones before the Marvel Fiasco...

Well its been the price of these titles that put me off before. ha

Oh boy, if that's true I'm moving house by then so I'll have fun waiting for these to arrive. :arghh:

Oh boy, if that's true I'm moving house by then so I'll have fun waiting for these to arrive. :arghh:

lol true you are moving... well everybody says that Blufans announced an end of June Release for GOTG but I hope I am wrong, BUT I don't see this being released before few months minimum for sure... Unless they are trying to redeem themselves but I doubt it.

and there is also the Scary Picture of the Steel that was Posted, is that the Halloween Version of Blufans GOTG ?
it is Kinda Scary if this is real looking final Products :bag:

bad pictures or bad steel....this still is so much better than the other steelbook for GOTG.
It's cool that they were being creative and all with the cassette tape, but I would like something a little more colorful, and something that has the title of the movie on it somewhere. Maybe I'm nitpicking.

bad pictures or bad steel....this still is so much better than the other steelbook for GOTG.
It's cool that they were being creative and all with the cassette tape, but I would like something a little more colorful, and something that has the title of the movie on it somewhere. Maybe I'm nitpicking.

Yes some did like the Walkman version and The Taiwan release I will Praise it Forever. It comes down to preferences and also to collect different steels... I am getting this one also being it the Blufans Version...but I would not put a steel down because it doesn't have the title on it, some collectors do not mind and sometimes Prefer it. As I Prefer the WWA not having the title on it. It all comes down to pleasing different types of collectors...