tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes some did like the Walkman version and The Taiwan release I will Praise it Forever. It comes down to preferences and also to collect different steels... I am getting this one also being it the Blufans Version...but I would not put a steel down because it doesn't have the title on it, some collectors do not mind and sometimes Prefer it. As I Prefer the WWA not having the title on it. It all comes down to pleasing different types of collectors...
true. I am sure there are several steels I love, that others hate. To each his own as they say.
I may have been a little harsh on the no title aspect...but, I really do like having it on the spine. Oh well...no one forced me to buy the walkman steel, right?:cool:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Rowan
true. I am sure there are several steels I love, that others hate. To each his own as they say.
I may have been a little harsh on the no title aspect...but, I really do like having it on the spine. Oh well...no one forced me to buy the walkman steel, right?:cool:

haha true we have steels that we adore and others hate, but there is enough diversification out there to please everybody. For me I am a Taiwan Steel lover, so basically at first I also didn't like the steel but it grew on me and when I saw the 1/4 slip that Taiwan did it reminded me of their captain America once as it isn't just straight but it has a shape in the front, just love that 1/4 slip and I think that spot gloss on the steel makes it pretty nice...

But others prefered the NovaMedia FullSlip and Lenti to go with the Walkman...

and now we have the Blufans which is scary by the look of the pic but lets just hope it is because of a bad picture :wow:

Reactions: Derek
I think this might be a case of will look better in hands, what I find weird is the tittle being Greenish :cautious:

I don't know if it is just me, rest looks really nice but title seems off with the Color

It is a very nice steelbook omitting the color of the title to get used to it

It looks good
The title might not be as green looking when in hand as it might be the camera flash and camera colour filters causing the gold colour look more green than gold colour
We will just have to wait and see it in the flesh to know for sure

Reactions: Actarus
It looks good
The title might not be as green looking when in hand as it might be the camera flash and camera colour filters causing the gold colour look more green than gold colour
We will just have to wait and see it in the flesh to know for sure

But title is not supposed to be green at all, it is supposed to be Golden type looking :confused:

GOTG Yellow.png

GOTG Green.png

I knew there was going to be overreaction to the colors as soon as I saw the pics. I guarantee it will look closer to the mockups when better pisc surface. Nothing to panic about. And @Actarus what is this Marvel fiasco you keep referring to? I ordered every Marvel BF steel and havent had any problems.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I knew there was going to be overreaction to the colors as soon as I saw the pics. I guarantee it will look closer to the mockups when better pisc surface. Nothing to panic about. And @Actarus what is this Marvel fiasco you keep referring to? I ordered every Marvel BF steel and havent had any problems.

well everything they promised when we pre-ordered in regards to the finish and versions ended up being totally different,
first it was the finish no Gloss and without going on for each of the release as all issue and remember each thread heated as people were unsatisfied about what was going on... so don't remember exact detail but I remember that what we are getting is not what was Promised. That is True.
But I say Marvel Fiasco, because they seem like they did not know what they were doing anymore...it's not as harsh as I mean it

I hope you are right in terms of the color being closer to the mockup as it is how it should be

Just wanna clarify, these photos are shot by a member of Blufans forum, and according to him the title is indeed golden, the greenish look is only due to the certain angle he took.

Blufans give the sample of steelbook to this senior member in the belief that he can take high quality pictures that can better showcase the detail of the product.
At least that's what I gathered from Blufans' post in the forum...

Last edited: