tnguyen13

Premium Supporter
Jan 26, 2014
NC, USA
Release date: July 2015.
World exclusive art (WEA) steelbook, embossed and gloss.
Print Run: 4000

There are 3 editions:
Ultimate Edition:
- 3D Disc, 2D Disc & Soundtrack
- Double-Sided lenticular slipcase
- Booklet

Lenticular Groot & Rocket:
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc
- One-sided lenticular slipcase
- Art Cards
** The Full Slip version was cancelled. The one-side lenticular slip replace it. **

1/4 Slipcover
- 3D Disc & 2D Disc​

00.jpg

11159140_10152860481557643_718133522_o.jpg

Rocket and Groot Edition:
994e34d5gw1er7dl4n8hsg209q0c9tx2.gif

One of Double side Lenti artwork for UE.
994e34d5gw1er7dk6rxm6g209q0c9e2s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
yes folks we all know that Blufans is Chinese, and that the release is from China.

It's quite evident though (and the evidence spans across all the Asian retailers of steebooks) that these companies understand that it's good business sense to cater to the majority of your makret, and between UK, CAN, USA, (and several other English speaking countries) we gobble up the vast majority of these releases.

I am not saying anything (at all) against any culture or language, including China. But because of the way rights for these movies work in different countries, it just so happens that other countries like China and Korea and Czech are more freely able to make these customized collector packages for these movies.

Remember though, all of these movies are North American movies filmed with the primary spoken language being English.

If I'm "grateful" for an English title, it's on a movie like I Saw the Devil from Plain Archive, or Amelie by KimchiDVD, or The Raid by KimchiDVD. These are movies filmed internationally and in other languages. That's a whole different story imo. I would have bought those even if the entire package had the native language all over it.

I don't understand why disliking 'foreign' text is seen as an attack on the culture or language of another country. It is simply a personal preference for some collectors.

It is actually an attack on the country as the release is native to the country it is released in. We are privileged to have access to these releases and instead of celebrating them there is the constant niggling about why English is not the primary language thus belittling other languages

It is actually an attack on the country as the release is native to the country it is released in. We are privileged to have access to these releases and instead of celebrating them there is the constant niggling about why English is not the primary language thus belittling other languages
I personally like the text on my Up lenticular (the only one I own with Mandarin text) but I understand the argument. I understand that it was released in China. I understand they're films created in English speaking countries. I don't think any mentality warrants any counter argument because both opinions are valid and subjective

Although I don't mind the text; I don't think the intention with collectors on here is to upset nationalities. It's not off-putting if the text is displayed in a more subtle fashion, i.e. not colliding with the artwork. But regardless of the language, we want to set our sights on the lovely design work. We collect Steelbooks not textbooks. ;)

Reactions: schrute farms
I don't understand why disliking 'foreign' text is seen as an attack on the culture or language of another country. It is simply a personal preference for some collectors.

why do you collect ''foreign country releases'' that will have foreign text on the release(from the ones we know that do have foreign text on them) if you dislike that ?

It is normal if you purchase a steel from a different country, that the written language would be native to the country itself. No matter if they sell internationally or not.

Last edited:
steelbook collecting has crossed all borders. Blufans knows that more than half of their buyer base does not speak Chinese.

Also, the movie is filmed, spoken, and produced in all regards in the English language. This is not a Chinese movie.

Regardless of this being a Chinese film it is a Chinee release and for someone to be concerned whether the slip will have Chinese writing should look elsewhere for this Steelbook.

I wonder if this UE will be as thick as the Frozen UE

Frozen UE contained both Bonus items of ''Elsa Version'' and ''Anna Version'', so it contained ''2 separate editions in one''.

This UE of GOTG is not based on merging 2 Version into 1, so the thickness of the UE will all depend at how much
Bonus item they will include in the Fullslip along the Steel

Reactions: charleybusko