Purchase links: Blu-ray from Best Buy - UHD from Best Buy
Price: $29.99 - $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

4K UHD +3D + Blu-ray
01.jpg 04.jpg

Blu-ray + DVD
02.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited:
My preorder still hasn't shipped. Will have to place order for in store pick up as well just in case there are any issues and I end up getting a dud.

From what I can tell then US v Europe

Glossy v Matte
Same treatment on the button
No treatment on the do not touch v debossed
If that's the case the U.S. copy should be much more desirable. Don't most people want Glossy vs the Do not push text debossed? Assuming it's either full gloss or a decent amount of spot gloss done well.

My preorder has shipped FYI, got 2 copies in case ones got problems. Seems as if there may be less copies of this per store than I thought. After the Rouge One craziness I wasn't taking any chances.

If that's the case the U.S. copy should be much more desirable. Don't most people want Glossy vs the Do not push text debossed? Assuming it's either full gloss or a decent amount of spot gloss done well.

My preorder has shipped FYI, got 2 copies in case ones got problems. Seems as if there may be less copies of this per store than I thought. After the Rouge One craziness I wasn't taking any chances.

A lot of steelbook buyers in Canada pre-order at least 2 copies of each release.
Everybody expects to get at least 1 flawed copy. And often now there are 5 copies or less in each store on release day, if they receive any copies at all.

This week's Best Buy Canada flyer doesn't even advertise the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 steelbook.
Just the non steelbook editions.

Last edited:
High bitrate physical vs. low bitrate streaming
HDR10 physical vs. DV streaming

I don't know.

High bitrate physical would be my choice as can't stand compression artifacts which will look even worse on a projection screen.

So sad that Amazon are ditching Love film by post in favour of streaming. Compressed lossy video and audio will soon become a norm which should please the I don't care crowd.

High bitrate physical would be my choice as can't stand compression artifacts which will look even worse on a projection screen.

So sad that Amazon are ditching Love film by post in favour of streaming. Compressed lossy video and audio will soon become a norm which should please the I don't care crowd.
I am all for digital, but with the option you could download the uncompressed version to your own storage and play it from there.
I think that would be the ideal situation.
I can just sit in front of my TV, scroll through the movies, click on it and it starts to play.

The steaming version can have Dolby Vision and the physical version only HDR10, in the end I think you would be better off with the physical version.

well there is no way in hell I am getting mine by tomm, have not even shipped yet, so now I have to make 2 trips 1 to pick up tomm and the second to take back the ones they ship

Mine hasn't shipped yet either after charging my new payment method. I may swing by the store in the morning just to make sure I don't miss out.

My order hasn't shipped yet either. I also did an in store pick up order in case my online order never ships or comes damaged.

Got mine in the mail today and I was shocked that they mailed it to me in a box instead of the standard cardboard bubble mailer thing:woot: Then they went and ruined it by sending my Ash Vs the Evil Dead steelbook in one of the standard cardboard mailer things....

Ugh got email from Best Buy that my order is delayed. Placed pre order on Aug. 2nd. If they can't complete order by Sept 20th they will cancel my order. Now my only hope is to order for in store pickup early tomorrow morning.

It will be crazy if they can't fulfill pre orders which is the whole point of pre-ordering to begin with.