Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - In theaters January 25, 2013

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
15 years after their traumatic gingerbread-house incident, siblings Hansel and Gretel have become a formidable team of bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world.
With: Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton, Famke Janssen and more...

Trailer:
[media=youtube]Gp6XegRDKmQ[/media]

Attachments

• HanselGretel-Poster-IMAX-610x956.jpg
    HanselGretel-Poster-IMAX-610x956.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 221
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluprint
woooot, not bad, the movie itself =4/5 stars, story=3.5/5, 3D 4/5, Famke Jansen = 5/5 :D lol

I just saw the 2D version of this tonight and I've got to say...

THE CRITICS ARE ALL WRONG!

This movie was excellent for its genre! This was a totally exciting, fun action movie - great special effects, good direction, intense score, excellent acting from all the leads. Famke Jansen's best role since Xenia Onatopp in Goldeneye. Cool weaponry. An awesome assortment of crazy-ass witches. Keep an eye out for the siamese twin witches! And a lovable troll who is a cross between the Hulk and Hoggle (from Labyrinth). This is the first Gemma role that I like (wasn't fond of her in Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia). Renner was definitely having fun here - he was not slumming in this role. He's very natural in this and The Town. He just seemed too self-conscious or off in The Avengers and Bourne.

If you like Army of Darkness, Brothers Grimm, and/or Van Helsing, definitely check this film out.

As much as I enjoyed The Last Stand, I won't have the urge to own it on Blu-ray, but so far Hansel & Gretel is the first film from 2013 that I would want to buy instantly on Blu-ray!

Critics don't know a fun, well-paced film when they see one. And I almost skipped this film with all the low reviews.

Movie: 4/5

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Interested in this, I was watching Face Off (Not the film, the TV comp show about SFX artists) and in season 1 one of the guys did an amazing dark horror Hansel and Gretel scene. Now if this film can do the dark take on a children's classic story then I'm all for it.

I love the twisted versions!

will go and see this when it comes out over here. Have heard that the critics panned it but what do they know? lol

i'm kind of looking forward to seeing this.just switch the brain off and enjoy for what it is

It's not even neccessary to consider this a turn-off-brain movie, meaning no need to lower expectations. I wouldnt call Army of Darkness as that nor this. Hansel & Gretel is a great action-horror-comedy for this type of genre and is actually an awesome adaptation of the fairytale. If I had to group this movie with others, I would place it in the same quality bunch as Army of Darkness, Brothers Grimm, Hellboy 1 & 2, Big Trouble in Little China, From Dusk Till Dawn, Spooky Encounters

Went to see it this evening & we loved it a rip roaring modernised re-telling of the classic tale, suprisingly gorey but plenty of action & a few good laughs and although the 3D was a conversion the effects were excellent,
the way the film ended it opens the possibility of a sequel which i for one would definetly welcome :thumbs:

From FS.net:
Though the film might have been laughed off at the box office in the United States (it still pulled in nearly $55 million), but worldwide, the bloody, R-rated horror fantasy action romp Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters has pulled in over $205 million. That's enough for Paramount Pictures to announce that they're planning a sequel. All of this comes after the film was delayed for over year and being thrown in the not-so-coveted January release window. But the film cost $50 million, and Gemma Arterton and Jeremy Renner were apparently enough to earn that budget back over four times.

The thing that buged me THE MOST about this movie Dredd 18 U.K rated.

Hansel and Gretel 15 U.K rated.

Dredd had THE BETTER STORY BETTER CAST BETTER ALL ROUND PRODUCTION ALSO LESS BLOOD LESS VIOLENCE AND LESS SEX .

What DRUGS where the BBFC on when the two where given thire certificate for viewership. Sat down for a family film WRONG no mention at all of the language sexual content exsessive gore. Off after 12 minates.

I'm no over the top prudish perant however mention what is actually in a movie so I can make an informed choice.

Rant over back on topic .