Hell or High Water (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #51 - The Blu Collection) [Korea]

Which edition(s) did you buy?

• Box Set

• Full Slip A

• Full Slip B

• Lenti Slip

Results are only viewable after voting.

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: May 31, 2017
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular (Pre-order April 27 at 3 PM Korea time)
Prices: $35.99 (Individual editions) - $123 (Boxset)
Notes: Box Set (300 copies) - Full Slip A (800 copies) - Full Slip B (800 copies) - Lenticular (700 copies)
HDN Group Buy: Box Set - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular

Quantity for the GB is as follows:

One Click x 25 $158 each
Full Slip A x 30 $49 each
Full Slip B x 30 $49 each
Lenticular x 30 $49 each

18056712_2076816979212175_6788984634428818474_n.jpg HH2.jpg HH3.jpg HH4.jpg
HH1.jpg
1.jpg IMG_0813.JPG hohw.jpg
IMG_0812.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe two of the steelbooks for the 1/4 slips are my returned copies... :confused::whistle:
(Haven't heard back from Tony yet, although the parcel was delivered to them on July 6.)

• Thanks
Reactions: j4c0
1/4 slips are now a thing of the past. It is only for hardcore collectors. Looks like they had spare Steelbooks and dressed them up with 1/4 slips. If Zavvi did this, there would be a huge outrage.
Many collector's like myself are at a point where it's becoming increasingly difficult to sustain this expensive hobby after more than 5 years of purchasing special editions.
1/4 slips are now a more desirable option for me in some cases because they are generally cheaper in price. And after all, it's like going back to my roots as a collector when the only thing that really mattered was the steelbook itself.:smug:

• Thanks
Reactions: j4c0
Many collector's like myself are at a point where it's becoming increasingly difficult to sustain this expensive hobby after more than 5 years of purchasing special editions.
1/4 slips are now a more desirable option for me in some cases because they are generally cheaper in price. And after all, it's like going back to my roots as a collector when the only thing that really mattered was the steelbook itself.:smug:

The problem is that 1/4 slips are generally only a few dollars cheaper than the full slip or lenticular slip releases. So you're saving a few bucks but it's less bang for the buck.

The problem is that 1/4 slips are generally only a few dollars cheaper than the full slip or lenticular slip releases. So you're saving a few bucks but it's less bang for the buck.
I was talking more along the lines of getting, for example, a Zavvi 1/4 slip of the same steelbook instead of a premium edition from a retailer like Kimchidvd. There is a significant price difference there. Unfortunately, I will have to resort to that more and more unless I want to end up on skid row no longer loved by my family.:rolleyes:

I was talking more along the lines of getting, for example, a Zavvi 1/4 slip of the same steelbook instead of a premium edition from a retailer like Kimchidvd. There is a significant price difference there. Unfortunately, I will have to resort to that more and more unless I want to end up on skid row no longer loved by my family.:rolleyes:

Oh I see. Yea I don't consider Zavvi steelbooks as even having 1/4 slips, as I either throw these away or squish them into a box that I rarely open up. I consider them to be similar to a j-card and much different than a premium edition 1/4 slip. I don't know if they have announced the price for the HoHW 1/4 slips but I expect them to be more expensive than a Zavvi release.

I don't know if they have announced the price for the HoHW 1/4 slips but I expect them to be more expensive than a Zavvi release
Hell or High Water Steelbook 1/4 Slip LE will be released at 19th of July.

The pre order date : 2017-07-13 (14:00) Korea Time
The First Price : USD31.99
:OMG: You were right @JCC. Only $4 cheaper than the single editions with slips?? o_O No wonder I'm not a fan of quarter slips :p

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
I suck then. LOL:joy:

Im a sucker for 1/4 slips too :)

If you dont want to open your edition, steelbook is the most important part of the package (reminds me when Taiwanese slips were the ones to have:)). The difference in price only shows real value of the so called goodies. Its a shame one company managed to bend the market in such a short time and flood it with wwa steels wrapped into... Thats were the race starte imo. And as the time passes, I really care less about some character cards and useless booklet of photos.

I prefer 1/4 slips too. But there were only few of the blu collection steelbooks released in 1/4, so I'm going with the full slips. Having only some of them in 1/4 looks bad on the shelf IMO

112 days after initial dispatch and a journey of about 25.800 km, my Hell or High Water copies finally arrived:

hohw1.jpg

hohw2.jpg hohw3.jpg hohw4.jpg

I'm so glad this chapter's finally closed. What makes me even happier is that both editions arrived in pristine condition (even though the condition of the parcel suggested they weren't), and that the two of them look even better in hand. :thumbs:
Funny side story: Up until two or three days before the pre-order I thought full slip B was the best choice. Then Kimchi provided some live pics and all of a sudden A looked better. I couldn't decide anything else but to order both slips. When people started posting pics of their copies, it seemed to hold true A trumped B. But now that I can compare them, I think B looks slightly better than A. I especially like the debossed title treatment in this slip. The cardboard texture and the muted colors work very nicely, too, whereas A has bit too much of a reddish/siena hue to it. I still like it though.
So despite all the trouble I've had, I'm a happy camper today. It was well worth the extra money and wait.

112 days after initial dispatch and a journey of about 25.800 km, my Hell or High Water copies finally arrived:

View attachment 328516

I'm so glad this chapter's finally closed. What makes me even happier is that both editions arrived in pristine condition (even though the condition of the parcel suggested they weren't), and that the two of them look even better in hand. :thumbs:
Funny side story: Up until two or three days before the pre-order I thought full slip B was the best choice. Then Kimchi provided some live pics and all of a sudden A looked better. I couldn't decide anything else but to order both slips. When people started posting pics of their copies, it seemed to hold true A trumped B. But now that I can compare them, I think B looks slightly better than A. I especially like the debossed title treatment in this slip. The cardboard texture and the muted colors work very nicely, too, whereas A has bit too much of a reddish/siena hue to it. I still like it though.
So despite all the trouble I've had, I'm a happy camper today. It was well worth the extra money and wait.

112 days!!!! :OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

That's mental. And there's me moaning about 11 days with my life replacement slip being in the UK and not in my hand.

Wow, glad you got it all though

When i read you i have still hope to get my one click of kill bill 2 .... very long !!!

View attachment 328516

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName