Hellraiser (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from Midday BST on Wednesday 6th September 2017.)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 in UK and Region Free

HELLRAISER_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reminder..order placed.. Classic 80's horror, Exclusive Steelbook, I get the feeling this wont hang around long/ reach a price reduction..(flash backs to Fright Night pandemonium..) .. looking forward to seeing the remaster and might schedule it in for my Halloween horror marathon with movie club Dave! Cheers

I just checked Arrow Video facebook page - they have a little video of this steelbook design in motion, and it looks fully glossed to me. Correct if i am wrong somebody?

Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
I just checked Arrow Video facebook page - they have a little video of this steelbook design in motion, and it looks fully glossed to me. Correct if i am wrong somebody?

Just see that on Instagram and the mock up video does make it look glossy.

Have pre ordered for now but October/ November is quite busy so I might pick this up in the new year

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Just saw the video, it looks glossy, hopefully it's not just a cgi effect in the video. Glossy would be perfect for this one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
Just see that on Instagram and the mock up video does make it look glossy.

Have pre ordered for now but October/ November is quite busy so I might pick this up in the new year
Yeah certainly does, with reflections, etc, that you would only get on a highly glossed steelbook - i hope it is!
I have pre-ordered as well, but i hope they dont pull a "Bride of Reanimator" steelbook trick though - dispatching WEEKS before release date. This could sell pretty fast this one, depending on print run?

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
pre-ordered! :)

@yardman and @Vegano, all the discount codes i had (e.g. this link or this link and then WELCOME346) were not working for me. :grumpy: having said that, they worked for O Brother Where Art Thou, but never work on other zavvi exclusives, or sometimes do work for some people but only for a few moments and then not for others, so it seems to be pot luck. :confused:

but, as collectors, all these purchases add up, so we always want the shiny things as cheap as possible!

speaking of shiny things, can you imagine a premium release one-click of Hellraiser with no writing at all that looked like this? someone make this happen!
giphy.gif

@yardman and @Vegano, all the discount codes i had (e.g. this link or this link and then WELCOME346) were not working for me. :grumpy: having said that, they worked for O Brother Where Art Thou, but never work on other zavvi exclusives, or sometimes do work for some people but only for a few moments and then not for others, so it seems to be pot luck. :confused:

but, as collectors, all these purchases add up, so we always want the shiny things as cheap as possible!

speaking of shiny things, can you imagine a premium release one-click of Hellraiser with no writing at all that looked like this? someone make this happen!
giphy.gif
Yeah, i tried all of those from the moment it was up as well, but no luck. Damn right about getting stuff cheap, though - when you spend the kind of money we do, it all adds up!
That looks good, BTW.......very good!

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart

giphy.gif
thanks for the link buddy, i get the feeling it wasnt working from the start but really appreciate your help and will keep the link saved,:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
This is Limited to 2,000 in the UK

Arrow Video now say this is Region Free
Previous UK Blu-ray was Region B locked so must be a new pressing of the disc

Not the biggest fan of this dark artwork but admit it's an original treatment compared to all the other Hellraiser artworks that have gone before.

Not this artist's first work for Mondo with his posters and his "Suspiria" artwork . . . but I believe it's his first Arrow home video/audio cover.

Like his style a lot but like it even more when a splash of colour is applied to the B&W mix as in his "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Let the Right One In" or his "Jaws" (variant) posters:-
upload_2017-9-6_14-24-3.png
upload_2017-9-6_16-19-38.png
upload_2017-9-6_16-23-40.png
upload_2017-9-6_16-26-34.png

Most of his stuff is a lot more colourful but others quite sober like this one for "Hellraiser", "Black Swan" and "Jaws" as but a few examples . . . a look at his more varied style can be found here http://www.worksofmattryan.com/
upload_2017-9-6_14-20-41.png
upload_2017-9-6_16-25-52.png

Certainly a cool steelbook and a rare thing to have the same artist's work splashed across both the inside and the outside :thumbs:

Anyway, pre-ordered my copy.
Better safe than sorry.
Don't act in haste, repent at leisure . . . with the addition of a single word to the famous phrase thus giving an opposite meaning to the accepted meaning of said phrase :)

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc