Hellraiser (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: October 30, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live from Midday BST on Wednesday 6th September 2017.)
Price: £17.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 in UK and Region Free

HELLRAISER_3D_SB_FRONT.jpg

11541143-1574512592868778.jpg 11541143-1394512592975479.jpg 11541143-1374512592939872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That solid white title needs debossing and a super glossy finish

I just checked Arrow Video facebook page - they have a little video of this steelbook design in motion, and it looks fully glossed to me. Correct if i am wrong somebody?

You're not wrong . . . it does look glossy . . . but a glossy Arrow steelbook for this film with this artwork?! I don't think so.
. . . and if it is:-
anigif_enhanced-buzz-19926-1368645808-11.gif
14%2B-%2B1
tenor.gif

Best finish you'll find on an Arrow steelbook is zero with excellent strategic use of spot gloss and seven times out of ten it's the best finish for the artwork (IMO).
Arrow always, or nearly always, up there with the best artwork for steelbooks on the market.
Their Amarays can be even better with reversible sleeve artwork often by some of the best names in the business.

Other recent designs inspired by the film:-
Matthew Johnson
h1.jpg

. . . and variant
h2.jpg

Studiohouse Designs
studiohouse-hellraiser.jpg

Nathan Thomas Milliner
036bd60a7f417c7d4f9519d5a0f4f363--horror-art-horror-films.jpg

. . . and so on.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Video is a scanavo computer generated video most of their videos the steelbooks look glossy even when an actual steelbook release is matte finish

Actual steelbook might be different to what you see in a computer generated video in terms of finish

Be cool if a gloss finish but don't go by the scanavo video in regards to actual finish

Only way that will be known is when released and a customer has in hand

Not the biggest fan of this dark artwork but admit it's an original treatment compared to all the other Hellraiser artworks that have gone before.

Not this artist's first work for Mondo with his posters and his "Suspiria" artwork . . . but I believe it's his first Arrow home video/audio cover.

Like his style a lot but like it even more when a splash of colour is applied to the B&W mix as in his "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Let the Right One In" or his "Jaws" (variant) posters:-
View attachment 332384 View attachment 332398 View attachment 332399 View attachment 332407
Most of his stuff is a lot more colourful but others quite sober like this one for "Hellraiser", "Black Swan" and "Jaws" as but a few examples . . . a look at his more varied style can be found here http://www.worksofmattryan.com/
View attachment 332383 View attachment 332406

Certainly a cool steelbook and a rare thing to have the same artist's work splashed across both the inside and the outside :thumbs:

Anyway, pre-ordered my copy.
Better safe than sorry.
Don't act in haste, repent at leisure . . . with the addition of a single word to the famous phrase thus giving an opposite meaning to the accepted meaning of said phrase :)
Those 'Nightmare on Elm street' and 'Let the right one in' arts look outstanding.
'Jaws' on the other hand, i think the original art/poster is perfection and can't be topped, it has become iconic imho.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Video is a scanavo computer generated video most of their videos the steelbooks look glossy even when an actual steelbook release is matte finish

Actual steelbook might be different to what you see in a computer generated video in terms of finish

Be cool if a gloss finish but don't go by the scanavo video in regards to actual finish

This is exactly what i was saying, since it's a cgi video we can't be sure if the steelbook will be actually glossy. My bet is, it won't. (please let me be wrong)

This is exactly what i was saying, since it's a cgi video we can't be sure if the steelbook will be actually glossy. My bet is, it won't. (please let me be wrong)
.......and there i was, getting all pumped up! Ha, not really a big problem if it's not, but i think it would look better if it WAS. Regardless, i think this steelbook will look nice in hand..........how many times do Arrow disappoint? I think this will sell out.......soon. But i think it will also be released in the US? Not sure.

This art would actually work better as gloss.

I like arrow matte steels but the art is so faint and darkened that I think matte would kind of ruin it.

Like I said before its been done before with King of New York so maybe they will with this too.

But I was skeptical when I see the mock up video

• Thanks
Reactions: Mr.Vorhees
.......and there i was, getting all pumped up! Ha, not really a big problem if it's not, but i think it would look better if it WAS. Regardless, i think this steelbook will look nice in hand..........how many times do Arrow disappoint? I think this will sell out.......soon. But i think it will also be released in the US? Not sure.
Arrow told me last week there will also be a USA release of the steelbook

I would assume it's 2000 UK and 2000 USA print run

• Thanks
Reactions: Vegano
This will sell out quickly and I would say that Zavvi email 100 left would be very likely correct

Hellraiser has a huge cult following
Just look at how fast the arrow video scarlet box set sold out in the UK

Cult horror film with Mondo artwork and limited to 2000 and it's a steelbook = a good seller

As usual there will be some orders cancelled by customers and some due to failed payment so this will likely come back in stock just before or after release date

You're not wrong . . . it does look glossy . . . but a glossy Arrow steelbook for this film with this artwork?!

Arrow always, or nearly always, up there with the best artwork for steelbooks on the market.
Their Amarays can be even better with reversible sleeve artwork often by some of the best names in the business.

Strongly disagree there...when I got the Hellraiser trilogy boxset from arrow those 'new' mondo-like artworks didn't even stay on show for five minutes, they have to rate as the worst blu ray sleeves I've ever seen, just terrible. I switched them right around to the original movie poster art, which thankfully they'd included also.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Got the email at lunch... and forgot about it. Annoying as I'm actually going to the PCC screening with the Mondo poster.

Got the email at lunch... and forgot about it. Annoying as I'm actually going to the PCC screening with the Mondo poster.
Arrow told me last week the steelbook will also have a USA/Canada release from Arrow Video I will post purchase links and release date details when known
I asked them again today to confirm if this is still happening a release in USA and I'm awaiting a reply

Zavvi will have some cancellations so it will likely come back in stock before or after release date

Last edited:
Confirmed to me by Arrow on Twitter, it's MATTE finished View attachment 332509
For the life of me, i cant see why these companies cant do us collectors a favour every now and then? - we spend alot of money with them, we buy their products every time they have ANOTHER limited edition re-re-release of the same movie with the same extras, MINUS the booklet they used to include as standard in their steelbook releases ( "the thing" and this don't have booklets.......just a single, "same content as 2 years previous" disc). Oh, but the same price as one of their dual format steelbook releases with booklet. Wouldnt hurt to show a bit of appreciation now and then - after all, Arrow in particular are creaming it these days, lots of their limiteds sell out. So, with this so called 30th anniversary edition, why can't they go the extra inch? Oh, and tickets for the screening at Prince Charles cinema........£55??!! MADNESS! Come on Arrow, show some gratitude to those who are spending ALOT of hard earned with you.......regularly.

Last edited: